Jane Fonda, 81, knocked on doors in Pennsylvania to talk to 'dispirited and confused' Trump...
2019-09-01 17:16:10 UTC
...voters and says the only way to resolve the 'mess' in the White House is to
'outsmart Facebook algorithms and foreign meddling' with face-to-face
conversations

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7416463/Jane-Fonda-went-door-knocking-Pennsylvania-talk-swing-voters.html

*Actress Jane Fonda, 81, canvassed door-to-door in Scranton, Pennsylvania on
August 4 to speak to local voters in the swing state

•She went door-knocking with Working America, a political non-union workers'
group that canvasses to persuade voters to support labor-backed candidates

•Fonda said she canvassed because she's 'scared for our democracy'

•She recounted speaking to dispirited Trump supporters who weren't well-educated
on his policies

•The actress says meeting voters face-to-face is the best way to educate them
about political policy and help them make informed votes

•Fonda says the only way to resolve the 'mess' in D.C. is to 'outsmart the
Facebook algorithms and digital foreign meddling by holding face-to-face
conversations'

Actress Jane Fonda reveals she's 'scared for our democracy' and to raise
political awareness for the upcoming election she rolled up her sleeves and went
door-knocking in the swing state of Pennsylvania.

Though she has two Oscars, four Golden Globes, and immeasurable accolades to her
name, the 81-year-old returned to political activism earlier this month to
canvass for Working America in a working class neighborhood in Scranton.

There, she spoke to disgruntled voters who to open up about their political
views, their concerns in the upcoming election, and to educated them about
Trump's policies.

'I’m scared. I’m scared for our democracy, for our ability to live together in
community across lines of race, class and religion. I’m scared for my
grandchildren and for the planet. The country is contorted and polarized, with
the flames of hate fanned by leaders at the highest level,' she revealed in a
Washington Post op-ed.

But she was surprised to realize just how powerful speaking face-to-face with
voters can be.

'I saw a path forward recently in Scranton, Pennsylvania where I spent a hot,
humid evening knocking on doors with Working America,' she said, adding she's
hardly recognized and only gives her first name when she's canvassing.

Working Class, founded in 2003, is the largest non-union workers' organization
in the U.S. and recruits people in working class neighborhoods to support
labor-backed candidates in elections.

In her piece she recounted speaking with Steve, who is in his 40s and doesn't
trust any of the candidates, Edith, a woman in 50s who likes Trump but not his
fiery language, and Sharon, a gung-ho Trump supporter who didn't realize the
president's health-care bill would mean her son's insurance would stop covering
him due to his serious preexisting condition.

more at
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7416463/Jane-Fonda-went-door-knocking-Pennsylvania-talk-swing-voters.html

2019-09-02 16:45:20 UTC
In her piece she recounted speaking with Steve, who is in his 40s and doesn't
trust any of the candidates, Edith, a woman in 50s who likes Trump but not
his fiery language, and Sharon, a gung-ho Trump supporter who didn't realize
the president's health-care bill would mean her son's insurance would stop
covering him due to his serious preexisting condition.
more at
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7416463/Jane-Fonda-went-door-
knocking-Pennsylvania-talk-swing-voters.html
That's typical, either they don't know why they like Trump or they're
totally ignorant of the way he's screwing them over.

And the idea all started as a publicity stunt to get better ratings for
a silly fading TV reality show.

Only in America...
Rudy Canoza
Only in America...
Miloch
2019-09-02 18:44:32 UTC
In article <super70s-***@reader01.eternal-september.org>,
super70s says...
In her piece she recounted speaking with Steve, who is in his 40s and doesn't
trust any of the candidates, Edith, a woman in 50s who likes Trump but not
his fiery language, and Sharon, a gung-ho Trump supporter who didn't realize
the president's health-care bill would mean her son's insurance would stop
covering him due to his serious preexisting condition.
more at
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7416463/Jane-Fonda-went-door-
knocking-Pennsylvania-talk-swing-voters.html
That's typical, either they don't know why they like Trump or they're
totally ignorant of the way he's screwing them over.
And the idea all started as a publicity stunt to get better ratings for
a silly fading TV reality show.
Only in America...
From what I'm reading, the GOP is starting to worry about 2020. I'd love nothing
more than to see Sen McConnell become the minority leader and his reelection is
no longer a sure thing in Ky.

If Trump likely loses, he's taking a big chunk of his party with 'im!