The 26th Woman to Accuse Donald Trump of Sexual Assault Deserves Just as Much Attention as the First
2020-09-18 01:11:34 UTC
https://jezebel.com/the-26th-woman-to-accuse-donald-trump-of-sexual-assault-1845093621

A 26th woman has accused Donald Trump of sexual assault. Former model Amy
Dorris’s story is remarkably similar to those of other women, like Cathy Heller,
Natasha Stroynoff, Summer Zervos, Karen Johnson, and E. Jean Carroll, who have
made credible allegations against the current president. It’s a similar story to
one Trump described himself if the infamous Billy Bush Tapes.

All these women say that Trump, as he said on tape, “just start[ed] kissing
them” without consent and then forcibly groped their genitalia, exactly like he
said he has groped other women. But these allegations have never seemed to
damage Donald Trump’s reputation, either because his fans don’t believe the
stories of the women who have spoken out or because they do believe them and
just don’t care. The Guardian presented Dorris’s story as an important
investigation, a brave moment of a woman speaking truth to power, as it should
be. But the American public has become so inured of the reports of sexual
assault that surfaced regularly during his last campaign and throughout his
presidency, it’s hard to imagine yet another troubling story swaying the outcome
of the election.

Dorris says she was 24 in 1999 when she accompanied luxury fashion and lifestyle
magnate Jason Binn, her then-boyfriend to New York City. At the time, Binn
described Trump as his “best friend,” and they planned to watch the U.S. Open
from Trump’s private box. Photographs from the trip show Dorris smiling
alongside celebrities like Leonardo DiCaprio, Sean Combs, Lenny Kravitz, and in
one Donald Trump clutches Dorris’s waist right in front of the room partition in
the VIP box she says he later assaulted her behind after she went to the
restroom:

“‘He just shoved his tongue down my throat and I was pushing him off,’ Dorris
told the Guardian. ‘And then that’s when his grip became tighter and his hands
were very gropey and all over my butt, my breasts, my back, everything. I was in
his grip, and I couldn’t get out of it,’ she said, adding: “I don’t know what
you call that when you’re sticking your tongue just down someone’s throat. But I
pushed it out with my teeth. I was pushing it. And I think I might have hurt his
tongue.’”

The story is very similar to the way writer E. Jean Carroll describes her
alleged assault, which she says happened in a dressing room at Bergdorf Goodman
department store in New York City a few years earlier: She says he pushed her
against a wall, forcibly kissing and groping her. The only difference is that
Carroll says she was unable to shove Trump off in time and alleges that he raped
her in that dressing room.

And though Trump has described on tape similar interactions with women– forcible
kissing and groping, he consistently claims that the women who accuse him of
sexual assault are lying for money or fame. Carroll, he claims, is not “his
type,” and lawyers for Trump say that the fact that Dorris was photographed near
him at other events that week and sat next to him at a memorial service for
Gianni Versace somehow makes her claims “incredible.”

Given the fact that so many women who do not know one another have stories so
similar, these women’s claims are not incredible; they seem highly likely. Their
claims are so credible that the U.S. Justice Department is seeking to replace
Trump’s lawyers to defend the president in a defamation case brought by Carroll
administration attempting to intimidate a victim by throwing the full weight of
the U.S. government behind a president to get one woman to stop suing him before
the election.

For her part, Dorris says that she decided to come forward with her allegations
now because she wants her teenage daughters to know that Trump’s behavior was
not acceptable:

“I’m sick of him getting away with this,” she said. “I’m tired of being quiet.
It’s kind of cathartic. I just want to get this out. And I want people to know
that this is the man, this is our president. This is the kind of thing he does
and it’s unacceptable.”

Hopefully, Carroll’s lawsuit will force some sort of broader reckoning, and
perhaps these headline-grabbing stories, with six weeks to go until the 2020
presidential election will have some impact on voters. But in the court of voter
opinion, one allegation against Donald Trump didn’t seem to make a difference
last time, nor did two or 25. Thus far, Donald Trump’s behavior has been judged
not only acceptable but presidential.

*
HelloKitt
2020-09-18 01:27:09 UTC
On 17 Sep 2020 18:11:34 -0700, Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote:

Moloch is a baby killer.
Post by Miloch
in 1999
LOL. She's a liar looking for attention.