'Rush was just shy of a president': Kathryn Limbaugh says her husband's funeral 'reminded her of Arlington'...
2021-03-03 15:31:57 UTC
...and promises to 'keep his movement alive' after he died of lung cancer aged
70

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9320079/Widow-conservative-talk-radio-host-Rush-Limbaugh-opens-losing-him.html

*Limbaugh, 70, passed away on February 17 and was laid to rest a week later

*Kathryn praised her late husband during an interview on eponymous radio show

*'I’ve always said Rush is just shy of a president, in my opinion,' she said

The widow of conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh has opened up about
losing him after he passed away due to complications with lung cancer.

Limbaugh, 70, passed away on February 17 and was laid to rest on February 24.

Kathryn Limbaugh praised her late husband during an interview on his eponymous
radio show, saying that 'he was just shy of a president.'

Speaking to guest host Todd Herman, she said: 'I’m doing okay. Of course, it’s a
very difficult time.

'But I really, truly feel we are all going through this process together, and
it’s very much a process.

'And I think it helps us to all be together and grieve in a sense and keep our
Rush with us in that way.'

Speaking about his funeral, she said: 'It was an absolutely gorgeous day,
slightly chilly, but nothing like the snow that Missouri had had a few days
prior. The sun was shining brightly and the really crisp air, and this cemetery
is very historic.

'It has a lot of historic figures such as William Clark of Lewis and Clark
expedition and others.

'And just to picture it, it might remind you a bit of Arlington or other
historic cemeteries around the world, with winding hills and pathways and big
trees that are bare right now but in the upcoming months they will be full and
green and very lovely to walk around.

'But as I said in that clip, I’ve always said Rush is just shy of a president,
in my opinion.'

She added that once they arrived at the cemetery 'there was a horse-drawn
carriage waiting for him, and it was simply stunning'.

On her plans going forward, she added: 'I will continue the Rush Revere books
and audio. To keep the movement alive, just think of what Rush would say and do.

'I have his wedding ring and a cross on a chain around my neck, keeping him with
me every day, every moment. Rush didn’t know after which EIB Show he would
follow God’s plan to return to Heaven.

'He went peacefully. Yes, he was greeted by many when he arrived back home.

When asked about when she knew she was falling in love with him when they first
started dating, Kathryn said: 'I would say right away, the first time that we
went out for dinner. I spoke about that last time, but when we went out to
dinner, he just was so incredibly well spoken, as you can imagine.

'He was a gentleman. He was kind, but also, he was very funny.'

Kathryn married Limbaugh in 2010 after the couple had been dating for three
years. He had been married three times previously.

Limbaugh, the radio icon and 'voice of American conservatism', died aged 70,
following a year-long battle with lung cancer.

Limbaugh, who was diagnosed with Stage IV advanced lung cancer back in February
2020, hosted his last radio show on February 2, during which he revealed another
host was on standby in case his health deteriorated.

In his final Facebook post that linked to segments of the last broadcast,
Limbaugh took aim at Joe Biden for canceling a 'major foreign policy speech'
because of two inches of snow.

His family shared a tribute to him on Facebook on the Wednesday after his death
was first announced by Kathryn on his radio show.

'I know that I am most certainly not the Limbaugh that you tuned in to listen to
today,' Kathryn, who was married to Limbaugh for a decade, told his viewers.

'I, like you, very much wish Rush was behind this golden microphone right now,
welcoming you to another exceptional three hours of broadcasting. It is with
profound sadness I must share with you directly that our beloved Rush, my
wonderful husband, passed away this morning due to complications from lung
cancer.'

Unflinchingly conservative, wildly partisan, bombastically self-promoting and
larger than life, Limbaugh galvanized listeners for more than 30 years.

His radio show became nationally syndicated in 1988 and quickly built a large
and committed following, making him wealthy in the process.

Forbes magazine estimated his 2018 income at $84 million, ranking him behind
only Howard Stern among radio personalities.

*
Michael Trew
2021-03-03 16:46:29 UTC
...and promises to 'keep his movement alive' after he died of lung cancer aged
70
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9320079/Widow-conservative-talk-radio-host-Rush-Limbaugh-opens-losing-him.html
*Limbaugh, 70, passed away on February 17 and was laid to rest a week later
*Kathryn praised her late husband during an interview on eponymous radio show
*'I’ve always said Rush is just shy of a president, in my opinion,' she said
"Just shy of a president" is really pushing it

Rush was too far right for my opinion, I didn't care to listen much.
Gave an easy target for Liberals to pick on, like Conservatives pick on
nutcase AOC.

That being said, He was an amazing broadcaster, and basically saved AM
radio. He had that knack and voice; new how to draw an audience. AM
talk radio has increased 10 fold since his show started. RIP Mr. Limbaugh.
Justin Tyme
2021-03-03 16:52:52 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
"Just shy of a president" is really pushing it
It's good he's dead. He's a useless drug addict who foments hate against his
fellow man. He wasn't Christian by that measure so he's roasting in Hell
being tortured for eternity in the river of fire.

It's probably why God gave Rush cancer in the first place.
Michael Trew
2021-03-03 17:01:51 UTC
Post by Justin Tyme
Post by Michael Trew
"Just shy of a president" is really pushing it
It's good he's dead. He's a useless drug addict who foments hate against his
fellow man. He wasn't Christian by that measure so he's roasting in Hell
being tortured for eternity in the river of fire.
It's probably why God gave Rush cancer in the first place.
I won't comment on that, but I'm not disagreeing with you. My interest
is in broadcasting, and Mr. Limbaugh saved AM radio. Hopefully talk
radio continues to prosper, and a more moderate conservative can pick up
his time-slot to carry the tradition on. I'll gladly tune in.
Michael Trew
Justin Tyme

Justin Tyme

Justin Tyme