Tom Hanks And Rita Wilson Announced That They Have Tested Positive For The Coronavirus
2020-03-12 01:49:15 UTC
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/krystieyandoli/tom-hanks-rita-wilson-coronavirus?origin=shp

"Well, now. What to do next?" the actor wrote on Instagram.

Tom Hank and wife Rita Wilson announced Wednesday that they have tested positive
for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

The Oscar-winning actor made the announcement on Instagram, saying the couple,
who are in Australia, got the diagnosis after being tested for chills and
"slight fevers."

"Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like
we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went.
Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we
were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive," Hanks wrote on
Instagram. "Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols
that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested, observed, and isolated for as
long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a
one-day-at-a-time approach, no? We’ll keep the world posted and updated. Take
care of yourselves!

"Hanx!"

Publicists for the couple did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
They are first major celebrities to publicly announce a coronavirus diagnosis
since the World Health Organization was notified on Dec. 31 by Chinese
authorities of a new virus in Wuhan, China.

The outbreak has since spread around the globe, killing thousands and prompting
the WHO to declare a pandemic. As of Wednesday, more than 1,200 people have
tested positive for COVID-19 and 36 have died.

While Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson are the first notable actors to test positive
for the coronavirus, premieres, screenings, and productions have been halted in
the wake of the virus spreading across the United States.

Morning TV shows as well as late night shows including The Tonight Show with
Jimmy Fallon, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, and Last Week Tonight with
John Oliver are taping their broadcasts without audiences out of concern for the
coronavirus outbreak.

"The safety of our guests and employees is our top priority," NBC said in a
statement.

Hulu’s Little Fires Everywhere premiere, originally scheduled for Thursday,
March 12 in Los Angeles, has also been canceled.

“As you are all aware, the current state of affairs has altered the daily lives
of many people, including our cast and crew,” press representatives said in an
email. “After hearing from many of you, and out of an abundance of caution, we
are canceling tomorrow’s Little Fires Everywhere premiere screening and
celebration.”

The CW’s Riverdale has suspended production on their fourth season which films
in Vancouver, Canada “out of an abundance of caution,” according to a statement
from Warner Bros. TV. There were concerns that a person working on the show was
recently exposed to someone who was tested positive for the virus, and that team
member is currently under medical evaluation.

“We are working closely with the appropriate authorities and health agencies in
Vancouver to identify and contact all individuals who may have come into direct
contact with our team member,” a spokesperson for Warner Bros. TV said in a
statement. “The health and safety of our employees, casts and crews is always
our top priority. We have and will continue to take precautions to protect
everyone who works on our productions around the world.”

*
MummyChunk
2020-03-12 23:34:32 UTC
Post by Miloch
"Well, now. What to do next?" the actor wrote o
Instagram
Post by Miloch
Tom Hank and wife Rita Wilson announced Wednesday that they hav
tested positiv
Post by Miloch
for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus
The Oscar-winning actor made the announcement on Instagram, sayin
the couple
Post by Miloch
who are in Australia, got the diagnosis after being tested fo
chills an
Post by Miloch
"slight fevers.
"Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We fel
a bit tired, lik
Post by Miloch
we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that cam
and went
Post by Miloch
Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the worl
right now, w
Post by Miloch
were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to b
positive," Hanks wrote o
Post by Miloch
Instagram. "Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Official
have protocol
Post by Miloch
that must be followed. We Hanks will be tested, observed, an
isolated for a
Post by Miloch
long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it tha
one-day-at-a-time approach, no? Well keep the world posted an
updated. Tak
Post by Miloch
care of yourselves
"Hanx!
Publicists for the couple did not immediately respond to a reques
for comment
Post by Miloch
They are first major celebrities to publicly announce a coronaviru
diagnosi
Post by Miloch
since the World Health Organization was notified on Dec. 31 b
Chines
Post by Miloch
authorities of a new virus in Wuhan, China
The outbreak has since spread around the globe, killing thousand
and promptin
Post by Miloch
the WHO to declare a pandemic. As of Wednesday, more than 1,20
people hav
Post by Miloch
tested positive for COVID-19 and 36 have died
While Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson are the first notable actors t
test positiv
Post by Miloch
for the coronavirus, premieres, screenings, and productions hav
been halted i
Post by Miloch
the wake of the virus spreading across the United States
Morning TV shows as well as late night shows including The Tonigh
Show wit
Post by Miloch
Jimmy Fallon, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, and Last Wee
Tonight wit
Post by Miloch
John Oliver are taping their broadcasts without audiences out o
concern for th
Post by Miloch
coronavirus outbreak
"The safety of our guests and employees is our to
priority," NBC said in
Post by Miloch
statement
Hulus Little Fires Everywhere premiere, originally scheduled fo
Thursday
Post by Miloch
March 12 in Los Angeles, has also been canceled
As you are all aware, the current state of affairs has altered th
daily live
Post by Miloch
of many people, including our cast and crew, press representative
said in a
Post by Miloch
email. After hearing from many of you, and out of an abundance o
caution, w
Post by Miloch
are canceling tomorrows Little Fires Everywhere premiere screenin
an
Post by Miloch
celebration
The CWs Riverdale has suspended production on their fourth seaso
which film
Post by Miloch
in Vancouver, Canada out of an abundance of caution, according to
statemen
Post by Miloch
from Warner Bros. TV. There were concerns that a person working o
the show wa
Post by Miloch
member is currently under medical evaluation
We are working closely with the appropriate authorities and healt
agencies i
Post by Miloch
Vancouver to identify and contact all individuals who may have com
into direc
Post by Miloch
contact with our team member, a spokesperson for Warner Bros. T
said in
Post by Miloch
statement. The health and safety of our employees, casts and crew
is alway
Post by Miloch
our top priority. We have and will continue to take precautions t
protec
Post by Miloch
everyone who works on our productions around the world
Run Forrest Ru

See memes belo

View the attachments for this post at
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=534026865#53402686