Steve Bullock says being progressive means 'actually making progress' in apparent shot at Warren, Sanders
Deplorable Redneck
2019-08-03 05:56:05 UTC
Montana Gov. Steve Bullock took a subtle jab at left-wing
Democratic presidential candidates like Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-
Mass., by suggesting that they aren't being clear-eyed about
what that term actually means.

"To me, progressive is actually making progress on the issues
that people are confronting and facing in their lives," Bullock
said Friday on "The Daily Briefing."

Host Dana Perino had just asked Bullock to address complaints by
Warren and Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., about more moderate
candidates like himself and former U.S. Rep. John Delaney.

“You know, I don’t understand why anybody goes to all the
trouble of running for president of the United States just to
talk about what we really can’t do and shouldn’t fight for,"
Warren told Delaney Tuesday during the second round of
Democratic primary debates.

FEW ATTACKS IN CNN DEBATE AS TOP CANDIDATES STICK TO UBER-
LIBERAL STANCES

Bullock blasted what he called "wish-list economics" while
debating health care policy.

The Montana governor noted Friday that he was the only Democrat
in the 2020 race to have won in a state that voted for President
Trump in 2016. He told Perino that instead of focusing on "lofty
plans," he would focus on "things that matter to people's
everyday lives."

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"We don't have to disrupt the lives of about 165 million people
that have employer-sponsored health insurance to actually make
sure that access to health care is both accessible and
affordable," he said.

He also called for a public option and blasted Trump's attempts
to roll back the Affordable Care Act, former President Barack
Obama's signature legislative achievement. "This administration
is trying to get rid of all the heatlh care coverage for all
folks out there," he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/steve-bullock-elizabeth-warren-
bernie-sanders-progressive
rbowman
2019-08-03 17:54:10 UTC
Post by Deplorable Redneck
The Montana governor noted Friday that he was the only Democrat
in the 2020 race to have won in a state that voted for President
Trump in 2016. He told Perino that instead of focusing on "lofty
plans," he would focus on "things that matter to people's
everyday lives."
Montana Democrats are somewhere to the right of most RINOs. Except for
vetoing the concealed carry bill, he wasn't a bad governor. We had
another Democratic governor, Brian Schweizer, which is why we still
don't have RealID; he told the Feds to shove it. He also ran senior
citizen bus trips to Canada for cheap meds.

Schweizer was rising fast until a memorable quote surfaced:

"If you were just a regular person, you turned on the TV, and you saw
Eric Cantor talking, I would say — and I'm fine with gay people, that's
all right — but my gaydar is 60-70 percent," Schweitzer says in the
story. "But he's not, I think, so I don't know. Again, I couldn't care
less. I'm accepting."

The DNC doesn't care for people who say what they think and mean what
they say.