As Trump stumbles, voters finalize their choices, and Biden’s lead grows
Add Reply
a322x1n
2020-10-12 11:16:21 UTC
As Trump stumbles, voters finalize their choices, and Biden’s lead
grows
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/as-trump-stumbles-voters-finali
ze-their-choices-and-bidens-lead-grows/ar-BB19UY8l?li=BBnb7Kz
<https://tinyurl.com/y4qbyts5>

Thanks!!! An excellent article.

I'm just sorry it took this level of disaster in the Oval Office to
wake up the American public. Perhaps we need reform, like
manditory voting, "none of the above" slots on the ballot, popular
election of the President, universal ID from birth, and a host of
other reforms the past four years has shown to be needed.
4***@mydaja.com
2020-10-12 11:25:23 UTC
Post by a322x1n
As Trump stumbles, voters finalize their choices, and Biden’s lead
grows
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/as-trump-stumbles-voters-finali
ze-their-choices-and-bidens-lead-grows/ar-BB19UY8l?li=BBnb7Kz
<https://tinyurl.com/y4qbyts5>
Thanks!!! An excellent article.
I'm just sorry it took this level of disaster in the Oval Office to
wake up the American public. Perhaps we need reform, like
manditory voting, "none of the above" slots on the ballot, popular
election of the President, universal ID from birth, and a host of
other reforms the past four years has shown to be needed.
Mandatory voting is to extreme. Everyone has a right to vote, or not
to if they chose. After this clusterf&&*k of an admistration. I have a
feeling more will vote. Trump makes Nixon look good. And I never
thought I would see this crap in my lifetime.
Jack Shit
Trump exposed the crooked left.
a322x1n
The only thing Trump ever exposed to America is his penis.
Rudy
2020-10-12 15:02:23 UTC
Post by a322x1n
Post by Jack Shit
Post by 4***@mydaja.com
Post by a322x1n
As Trump stumbles, voters finalize their choices, and Biden? lead
[...]
Well now we know how you think. All you have is Lame Stream Media
instilled hate. Nothing original.
max headroom <@.   >
2020-10-12 15:02:40 UTC
Post by a322x1n
Post by Jack Shit
Post by 4***@mydaja.com
Post by a322x1n
[...]
Trump has exposed the US population to his Trump virus.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/10/trumps-lies-about-coronavirus/608647/

All the Trump’s Lies About the Coronavirus

An unfinished compendium of Trump’s overwhelming dishonesty during a
national emergency

//

President Donald Trump has repeatedly lied about the coronavirus
pandemic and the country’s preparation for this once-in-a-generation crisis.

Here, a collection of the biggest lies he’s told as the nation endures a
public-health and economic calamity. This post will be updated as needed.

*On the Nature of the Outbreak*

*When:* Friday, February 7
<https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1225728756456808448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1225728756456808448&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2020%2F02%2F07%2Fhealth%2Ftrump-coronavirus-weaker-warm-weather%2Findex.html>,
and Wednesday, February 19
*The* *claim:* The coronavirus would weaken “when we get into April, in
the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that
type of a virus.”
*The truth:* When Trump made this claim, it was too early to tell
whether the virus’s spread would be dampened by warmer conditions,
though public-health experts
<https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/health/coronavirus-stays-warmer-weather/index.html>
and epidemiologists
<https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-believes-coronavirus-will-vanish-with-april-temps-experts-are-skeptical-warm-weather-alone-is-enough-2020-03-12>
were immediately skeptical of Trump’s comment. But the spring and summer
have passed, and the pandemic is still raging.

*When:* Thursday, February 27
*The claim:* The outbreak would be temporary: “It’s going to disappear.
One day, it’s like a miracle—it will disappear.”
<https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/28/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-miracle-stock-markets/index.html>
*The truth:* Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of
Allergy and Infectious Diseases, warned days later
<https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-03-20-intl-hnk/h_2abedd413bbdfa86fdfa3a15ca532f12>
that he was concerned that “as the next week or two or three go by,
we’re going to see a lot more community-related cases.” He was right—the
virus has not disappeared.

*

How the Coronavirus Became an American Catastrophe
<https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/how-many-americans-are-sick-lost-february/608521/>

*When:* Multiple times
*The claim:* If the economic shutdown continues, deaths by suicide
“definitely would be in far greater numbers than the numbers that we’re
talking about
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-9/>”
for COVID-19 deaths.
*The truth:* More than 200,000 Americans have died from COVID-19.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, suicide is
one of the leading causes of death
<https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm> in the
United States. But the number of people who died by suicide in 2017, for
example, was roughly 47,000, nowhere near the COVID-19 numbers.
Estimates of the mental-health toll of the Great Recession are mixed. A
2014 study tied more than 10,000 suicides
<https://www.cbsnews.com/news/recession-linked-to-more-than-10000-suicides-in-north-america-europe/>
in Europe and North America to the financial crisis. But a larger
analysis in 2017
<https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1047279716303568>
found that although the rate of suicide was increasing in the United
States, the increase could not be directly tied to the recession and was
attributable to broader socioeconomic conditions predating the downturn.

*When:* Multiple times
*The claim:* “Coronavirus numbers are looking MUCH better, going down
almost everywhere,” and cases are “coming way down.”
*The truth:* When Trump made these claims in May, coronavirus cases were
either increasing or plateauing in the majority of American states. Over
the summer, the country saw a second surge even greater than its first
in the spring.

Juliette Kayyem: The emotionally challenging next phase of the pandemic
<https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/americas-coronavirus-ordeal-wont-end-when-2020-does/616108/>

*When:* Wednesday, June 17
<https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-hannity-coronavirus-fading-away-tulsa-rally>
*The* *claim:* The pandemic is “fading away. It’s going to fade away.”
*The truth:* Trump made this claim ahead of his rally in Tulsa,
Oklahoma, when the country was still seeing at least 20,000
<https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-18/trump-says-coronavirus-will-fade-away-even-without-a-vaccine>
new daily cases and a second spike
<https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/us-daily-positive> in infections
was beginning.

*When:* Thursday, July 2
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-jobs-numbers-report-2/>
*The claim:* The pandemic is “getting under control.”
*The truth:* Trump’s claim came as the country’s daily cases doubled to
about 50,000 <https://apnews.com/0468a60b64947879926d2a16e45c00ee>, a
higher count than was seen at the beginning of the pandemic, and as the
number continued to rise, fueled by infections in the South and the West.

*When: *Saturday, July 4
*The claim: *“99%” of COVID-19 cases are “totally harmless.”
*The truth: *The virus can still cause tremendous suffering if it
doesn’t kill a patient, and the WHO has said
<https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200306-sitrep-46-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=96b04adf_4>
that about 15 percent of COVID-19 cases can be severe, with 5 percent
being critical. Fauci has rejected
<https://www.businessinsider.com/fauci-says-trump-is-obviously-wrong-that-99-of-coronavirus-is-harmless-2020-7>
Trump’s claim, saying the evidence shows that the virus “can make you
seriously ill” even if it doesn’t kill you.

*When:* Monday, July 6
<https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1280234504985157637>
*The claim:* “We now have the lowest Fatality (Mortality) Rate in the
World.”
*The truth:* The U.S. had neither the lowest mortality rate nor the
lowest case-fatality rate when Trump made this claim. As of July 13, the
case-fatality rate—the ratio of deaths to confirmed COVID-19 cases—was
4.1 percent, which placed the U.S. solidly in the middle of global
rankings. At the time, it had the world’s ninth-worst mortality rate,
with 41.33 deaths per 100,000 people, according to Johns Hopkins
University <https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality>.

*When:* Multiple times
*The claim:* Mexico is partly to blame for COVID-19 surges in the Southwest.
*The truth:* Even before Latin America’s COVID-19 cases began to rise
<https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2020/08/coronavirus-pandemic-developing-world/614578/>,
the U.S. and Mexico had jointly agreed in March to restrict nonessential
land travel between the two countries, and U.S. Customs and Border
Protection says <https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration>
illegal border crossings are down compared with last year. Health
experts say blaming Mexican immigrants for surges is misguided
<https://www.factcheck.org/2020/07/trump-wrongly-blames-protests-mexico-for-covid-19-spread/>,
especially when most
<https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/health/border-hospitals-coronavirus/index.html>
of the individuals crossing the border are U.S. citizens who live nearby.

*When:* Multiple times
*The claim:* Children are “virtually immune” to COVID-19.
*The truth:* The science is not definitive, but that doesn’t mean
children are immune. Studies in the U.S. and China have suggested
<https://apnews.com/10310a821f24356c1620c365d82579ff> that kids are less
likely than adults to be infected, and more likely to have mild
symptoms, but can still spread
<https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/what-scientists-know-about-how-children-spread-covid-19-180975396/>
the virus to their family members and others. The CDC has said
<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/reopening-schools.html>
that about 7 percent of COVID-19 cases and less than 0.1 percent of
COVID-19-related deaths have occurred in children.

*When: *Thursday, August 27
*The claim:* The U.S. has “among the lowest case-fatality rates of any
major country anywhere in the world.”
*The truth:* When Trump said this, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea,
and India all had lower case-fatality rates than the U.S., which sat in
the middle of performance rankings
<https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality> among all nations and among
the 20 countries hardest hit by the virus.

*When:* Thursday, August 27
*The claim: *Trump “launched the largest national mobilization since
World War II” against COVID-19, and America “developed, from scratch,
the largest and most advanced testing system in the world.”
*The truth:* These claims are incorrect and misleading. The federal
government’s coronavirus response has been roundly criticized as a
failure
<https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/09/coronavirus-american-failure/614191/>
because of flawed and delayed testing, entrenched inequality that has
amplified the virus’s effects, and chaotic federal leadership that’s
left much of the country’s response up to the states to handle. Trump
vacillated on fully invoking the Defense Production Act in March, set
off international panic when he mistakenly said he was banning all
travel from European nations, and was slow to support social-distancing
measures nationwide. Widespread use of the DPA was still rare in July
<https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/22/us/politics/coronavirus-defense-production-act.html>,
despite continued shortages of medical supplies.

*Another claim:* Trump celebrated a gain of 9 million jobs as “a record
in the history of our country” and said that the United States had
experienced “the smallest economic contraction of any major Western nation.”
*The truth:* The country did gain 9 million jobs
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/jobs-numbers-july-beat-expectations-third-straight-month/>
from May to July—after losing more than 20 million
<https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/08/jobs-report-april-2020.html> from
February to April, during the pandemic’s first surge. And more than a
dozen <https://data.oecd.org/gdp/quarterly-gdp.htm#indicator-chart>
developed countries have recorded smaller economic contractions than
America’s recession.

*When: *Thursday, September 10, and Wednesday, September 23
*The claim: *America is “rounding the corner” and “rounding the final
turn” of the pandemic.
*The truth: *Trump made these claims before and after the country
registered 200,000 coronavirus deaths. As the winter approaches,
coronavirus cases are increasing in a slew of states
<https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/09/13/us/coronavirus-cases-midwest.html>
in the Midwest and the South, and data suggest
<https://time.com/5893916/covid-19-coronavirus-third-wave/> that a third
national surge might happen in the coming weeks. Fauci and CDC Director
Robert Redfield
<https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/09/how-america-can-survive-the-winter/616401/>
have also warned Americans about the winter, with Fauci highlighting the
“need to hunker down and get through this fall and winter, because it’s
not going to be easy.”

*Blaming the Obama Administration*

*When:* Wednesday, March 4
*The* *claim: *The Trump White House rolled back Food and Drug
Administration regulations that limited the kind of laboratory tests
states could run and how they could conduct them. “The Obama
administration made a decision on testing that turned out to be very
detrimental to what we’re doing,” Trump said.
*The* *truth: *The Obama administration drafted, but never implemented
<https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/06/donald-trump/trump-wrongly-blames-obama-limits-coronavirus-test/>,
changes to rules that regulate laboratory tests run by states. Trump’s
policy change relaxed an FDA requirement that would have forced private
labs to wait for FDA authorization to conduct their own,
non-CDC-approved coronavirus tests
<https://apnews.com/f4cd4c72e896d7fbd8ebd3516e864550>.

*When:* Friday, March 13
*The claim:* The Obama White House’s response
<https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1238410051758575617> to the
H1N1 pandemic was “a full scale disaster, with thousands dying, and
nothing meaningful done to fix the testing problem, until now.”
*The truth:* Barack Obama declared a public-health emergency two weeks
after the first U.S. cases of H1N1 were reported, in California. (Trump
declared a national emergency more than seven weeks after the first
domestic COVID-19 case was reported, in Washington State.) While testing
is a problem now, it wasn’t back in 2009. The challenge then was vaccine
development <https://apnews.com/039fb6327915570f1d6b30c29d7f9762>:
Production was delayed and the vaccine wasn’t distributed until the
outbreak was already waning
<https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html>.

*When: *Multiple times
*The claim: *The Trump White House “inherited” a “broken,” “bad,” and
“obsolete” test for the coronavirus.
*The truth: *The novel coronavirus did not exist in humans during the
Obama administration. Public-health experts agree
<https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/31/donald-trump/trump-blames-past-administrations-flawed-covid-19-/>
that, because of that fact, the CDC could not
<https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/politics/fact-check-trump-inherited-broken-obsolete-coronavirus-tests/index.html>
have produced a test, and thus a new test had to be developed this year.**

Read: Joe Biden’s invisible pandemic expert
<https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/05/ron-klain-joe-biden-coronavirus/610276/>

*When:* Multiple times
*The claim:* The Obama administration left Trump “bare
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-26/>”
and “empty
<https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/national-international/fact-check-trump-falsely-claims-he-inherited-empty-stockpile/2215454/>”
shelves of medical supplies in the national strategic stockpile.
*The truth: *The 2009 H1N1 outbreak did deplete
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/face-masks-in-national-stockpile-have-not-been-substantially-replenished-since-2009/2020/03/10/57e57316-60c9-11ea-8baf-519cedb6ccd9_story.html>
the N95 mask supply and was never replenished
<https://www.cbsnews.com/news/q-a-with-greg-burel-former-director-of-the-strategic-national-stockpile/>,
but the Obama administration did not leave the stockpile empty of other
materials. While the stockpile has never been funded at the levels some
experts have requested, its former director said in 2019, before the
coronavirus pandemic, that it was well-equipped
<https://www.domesticpreparedness.com/healthcare/evolving-the-scope-of-the-strategic-national-stockpile/>.
(The outbreak has since eaten away at its reserves.)

*When:* Sunday, May 10
*The claim: *Referring to criticism of his administration’s response,
Trump tweeted: “Compare that to the Obama/Sleepy Joe disaster known as
H1N1 Swine Flu. Poor marks ... didn’t have a clue!”
*The truth:* It is misleading to compare COVID-19 to H1N1 and to call
the Obama administration’s response a disaster, as my colleague Peter
Nicholas has reported
<https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/05/trump-biden-coronavirus-2020/611500/>.
In 2009, the CDC quickly flagged the new flu strain in California and
began releasing antiflu drugs
<https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/trumps-h1n1-swine-flu-pandemic-spin/>
from the national stockpile two weeks later. A vaccine was available in
six months.

*Another claim: *Trump later attacked “Joe Biden’s handling of the H1N1
Swine Flu
<https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265252781226590209?s=20>.”
*The truth: *Biden was not responsible for the federal government’s
response to the H1N1 outbreak, as Nicholas has also explained
<https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/05/trump-biden-coronavirus-2020/611500/>.

*On Coronavirus Testing*

*When:* Friday, March 6, and Monday, May 11
*The claim:* “Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. We—they’re there.
They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-tour-centers-disease-control-prevention-atlanta-ga/>”
and “If somebody wants to be tested right now, they’ll be able to be
tested
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-press-briefing-covid-19-testing/>.”
*The truth:* Trump made these two claims two months apart, but the truth
was the same both times: The U.S. did not have enough testing
<https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2020/05/theres-only-one-way-out-of-this-mess/611431/>.

*When:* Wednesday, March 11
*The claim:* In an Oval Office address, Trump said that
private-health-insurance companies had “agreed to waive all co-payments
for coronavirus treatments, extend insurance coverage to these
treatments, and to prevent surprise medical billing.”
*The truth:* Insurers agreed only to absorb the cost of coronavirus
testing—waiving co-pays and deductibles for getting the test. The
Families First Coronavirus Response Act, the second coronavirus-relief
bill passed by Congress, later mandated that COVID-19 testing be made
free. The federal government has not required
<https://www.kff.org/private-insurance/issue-brief/private-health-coverage-of-covid-19-key-facts-and-issues/>
insurance companies to cover follow-up treatments, though some
<https://www.ahip.org/health-insurance-providers-respond-to-coronavirus-covid-19/>
providers announced
<https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/30/824075753/good-news-with-caveats-some-insurers-waive-costs-to-patients-for-covid-19-treatm>
in late March that they will pay for treatments. The costs of other
non-coronavirus testing or treatment incurred by patients
<https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/brief/potential-costs-of-coronavirus-treatment-for-people-with-employer-coverage/?mod=article_inline>
who have COVID-19 or are trying to get a diagnosis aren’t waived either.
And as for surprise medical billing? Mitigating it would require the
cooperation of insurers, doctors, and hospitals.

Read: The dangerous delays in U.S. coronavirus testing haven’t stopped
<https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/coronavirus-testing-numbers/607714/>

*When: *Friday, March 13
*The* *claim:* Google engineers are building a website to help Americans
determine whether they need testing for the coronavirus and to direct
them to their nearest testing site.
*The truth:* The announcement was news to Google itself—the website
Trump (and other administration officials) described was actually being
built by Verily, a division of Alphabet, the parent company of Google.
/The Verge/ first reported
<https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/13/21179118/google-coronavirus-testing-screening-website-drive-thru-covid-19>
on Trump’s error, citing a Google representative who confirmed that
Verily was working on a “triage website
<https://twitter.com/Google_Comms/status/1238574670686928906?s=20>” with
limited coverage for the San Francisco Bay Area. But since then, Google
has pivoted to fulfill Trump’s public proclamation, saying it would
speed up the development of a new, separate website while Verily worked
on finishing its project, /The Washington Post/ reported
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/03/16/google-verily-coronavirus-website-trump/>.

*When:* Tuesday, March 24, and Wednesday
<https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1242824631230308353?s=20>,
March 25
*The claim:* The United States has outpaced South Korea’s COVID-19
testing: “We’re going up proportionally very rapidly,” Trump said during
a Fox News town hall.
*The truth:* When the president made this claim, testing in the U.S. was
severely lagging behind that in South Korea. As of March 25, South Korea
had conducted about five times as many tests as a proportion of its
population relative to the United States. For updated data from each
country, see the COVID-19 Tracking Project
<https://covidtracking.com/data/> and the database maintained by the
Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
<https://www.cdc.go.kr/board/board.es?mid=a30402000000&bid=0030>.

*When:* Monday, May 11
*The claim:* America has “developed a testing capacity unmatched and
unrivaled anywhere in the world, and it’s not even close.”
*The truth:* At the time, the United States was still not testing enough
<https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2020/05/theres-only-one-way-out-of-this-mess/611431/>
people and was lagging behind the testing and tracing capabilities that
other countries had developed. The president’s testing czar, Brett
Giroir, and Fauci confirmed the need for more testing at a May 12 Senate
hearing.

*Another claim: *The United States has conducted more testing “than all
other countries together
<https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1260166181513842688?s=20>!”
*The truth:* By May 18, when Trump last made this claim, the U.S. had
conducted more tests than any other country. But it had not conducted
more tests than the rest of the world combined. (As of May 27,
<https://covidtracking.com/data> more than 14 million tests have been
administered in America.)

*When:* Multiple times
*The claim: *“Cases are going up in the U.S. because we are testing far
more than any other country.”
*The truth: *COVID-19 cases were not rising because of “our big-number
testing.” Outside the Northeast, the share of tests conducted that came
back positive was increasing
<https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/regional-daily-tests-and-percent-positive>
in the summer, with the sharpest spike happening in southern states. In
some states, such as Arizona and Florida, the number of new cases being
reported was outpacing
<https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/tracker/overview> any increase in
the states’ testing ability. And as states set new daily case records
and reported increasing hospitalizations
<https://covidtracking.com/blog/record-new-cases-surging-hospitalizations-rising-deaths-this-week-in-covid>,
all signs pointed to a worsening
<https://covidtracking.com/blog/this-week-in-covid-19-data-july-2> crisis.

*On Travel Bans and Travelers*

*When:* Wednesday, March 11
*The claim: *The United States would suspend “all travel from Europe,
except the United Kingdom, for the next 30 days,” Trump announced in an
Oval Office address.
*The truth:* The travel restriction would not apply to U.S. citizens,
legal permanent residents, or their families
<https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/coronavirus-trump-wrong-travel-cargo-trade-testing-address>
returning from Europe. At first, it applied specifically to the 26
European countries that make up the Schengen Area
<https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/schengen-zone-countries-trump-us-travel-ban-a4385826.html>,
not all of Europe. Trump later announced the inclusion of the United
Kingdom and Ireland in the ban.

*Another claim: *In the same address, Trump said the travel restrictions
would “not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo but
various other things as we get approval.”
*The truth: *Trump followed up in a tweet
<https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1237924658185469954?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2F2020%2F03%2F11%2Ftrump-clarifies-europe-travel-remark-says-ban-doesnt-apply-cargo%2F5028734002%2F>,
explaining that trade and cargo would /not/ be subject to the restrictions.

*When:* Thursday, March 12
*The claim:* All U.S. citizens arriving from Europe would be subject to
medical screening, COVID-19 testing, and quarantine if necessary. “If an
American is coming back, or anybody is coming back, we’re testing,”
Trump said. “We have a tremendous testing setup where people coming in
have to be tested … We’re not putting them on planes if it shows
positive, but if they do come here, we’re quarantining.”
*The truth:* Testing was already severely limited in the United States
when Trump claimed this in the spring. It was not true that all
Americans returning to the country were being tested, nor that anyone
was being forced to quarantine, CNN reported
<https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/politics/fact-check-trump-coronavirus-testing-europe/index.html>.

Read: Trump’s European travel ban doesn’t make sense
<https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2020/03/donald-trump-coronavirus-europe-britain-schengen-travel/607876/>

*When: *Tuesday, March 31
*The claim: *“We stopped all of Europe” with a travel ban. “We started
with certain parts of Italy, and then all of Italy. Then we saw Spain.
Then I said, ‘Stop Europe; let’s stop Europe. We have to stop them from
coming here.’”
*The truth: *The travel ban applied to the Schengen Area, as well as the
United Kingdom and Ireland, and not all of Europe as he claimed.
Additionally, Trump is wrong about the United States rolling out a
piecemeal ban. The State Department did issue advisories in late
February
<https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/italy-travel-advisory.html>
cautioning Americans against travel to the Lombardy region of Italy
before issuing a general “Do Not Travel” warning on March 19
<https://twitter.com/TravelGov/status/1240723051374878722?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1240723051374878722&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnymag.com%2Fintelligencer%2F2020%2F03%2Fstate-department-issues-global-do-not-travel-warning.html>.
But the U.S. never placed individual bans on Italy and Spain.

*When: *Multiple times
*The claim: *“Everybody thought I was wrong” about implementing
restrictions on travelers from China, and “most people felt they should
not close it down—that we shouldn’t close down to China.”
*The truth: *While the WHO did say it opposed travel bans
<https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/01/30/275959/the-china-coronavirus-is-officially-an-international-emergency/>
on China generally, Trump’s own top health officials have made clear
that the travel ban was the “uniform
<https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/482103-trump-health-officials-defend-coronavirus-quarantine-travel-restrictions>”
recommendation of the Department of Health and Human Services. Fauci and
Deborah Birx, the coordinator of the coronavirus task force, both
<https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/candid-talk-dr-fauci-future-restrictions-white-house/story?id=69901189>
praised
<https://www.vox.com/2020/3/27/21197074/deborah-birx-praised-trump-scientific-literature-coronavirus>
the decision too.

*When:* Multiple times
*The claim:* The Trump administration’s travel restrictions on China
were a “ban” that closed up the “entire” United States and “kept China out.”
*The truth:* Nearly 40,000 people traveled from China to the United
States from February 2, when Trump’s travel restrictions went into
effect, to April 4, /The New York Times/ reported
<https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/us/coronavirus-china-travel-restrictions.html>.
Those rules
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-nonimmigrants-persons-pose-risk-transmitting-2019-novel-coronavirus/>
also do not apply to all people: American citizens, green-card holders
and their relatives, and people on flights coming from Macau and Hong
Kong are not included in the “ban.”

*On Taking the Pandemic Seriously*

*When:* Tuesday, March 17
*The claim:* “I’ve always known this is a real—this is a pandemic. I
felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic … I’ve
always viewed it as very serious.”
*The truth:* Trump has repeatedly downplayed the significance of
COVID-19 as outbreaks began stateside. From calling criticism of his
handling of the virus a “hoax
<https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/03/trump-coronavirus-threat/607825/>,”
to comparing the coronavirus to a common flu
<https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/experts-trump-wrong-compare-coronavirus-flu-200309145951552.html>,
to worrying about letting sick Americans off cruise ships because they
would increase the number
<https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-trump-numbers-anal/trumps-focus-on-coronavirus-numbers-could-backfire-health-experts-say-idUSKBN20W16E>
of confirmed cases, Trump has used his public statements to send mixed
messages and sow doubt
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/14/tracking-trumps-false-or-misleading-coronavirus-claims/>
about the outbreak’s seriousness.

*When:* Thursday, March 26
*The claim:* This kind of pandemic “was something nobody thought could
happen … Nobody would have ever thought a thing like this could have
happened.”
*The truth:* Experts both inside and outside the federal government
sounded the alarm many times in the past decade about the potential for
a devastating global pandemic, as my colleague Uri Friedman has reported
<https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/03/pandemic-coronavirus-united-states-trump-cdc/608215/>.
Two years ago, my colleague Ed Yong explored the legacy of Ebola
outbreaks—including the devastating 2014 epidemic—to evaluate how ready
the U.S. was for a pandemic. Ebola hardly impacted America—but it
revealed how unprepared the country was
<https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/07/when-the-next-plague-hits/561734/>.

*On COVID-19 Treatments and Vaccines*

*When:* Monday, March 2
*The claim:* Pharmaceutical companies are going “to have vaccines, I
think, relatively soon.”
*The truth:* The president’s own experts told him during a White House
meeting with pharmaceutical leaders earlier the same day
<https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1234607114464698368?s=20> that a
vaccine could take a year to 18 months to develop
<https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/20/when-will-a-coronavirus-vaccine-be-ready>.
In response, he said he would prefer that it take only a few months. He
later claimed, at a campaign rally in Charlotte, North Carolina, that a
vaccine would be ready “soon.”
<https://www.vox.com/2020/3/3/21162772/trump-coronavirus-meeting-pharmaceutical-executives-white-house-covid-19>
Many months later, this is still not true.

*When:* Thursday, March 19
*The claim:* At a press briefing with his coronavirus task force, Trump
said the FDA had approved the antimalarial drug chloroquine to treat
COVID-19. “Normally the FDA would take a long time to approve something
like that, and it’s—it was approved very, very quickly and it’s now
approved by prescription,” he said.
*The truth:* FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn, who was at the briefing,
quickly clarified that the drug still had to be tested in a clinical
setting. An FDA representative later told /Bloomberg/
<https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-19/trump-touts-malaria-drug-as-potential-coronavirus-treatment>
that the drug has not been approved for COVID-19 use, though a doctor
could still prescribe it for that purpose
<https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/politics/fact-check-chloroquine-trump-fda/index.html>.
Later that same day, Fauci told CNN that there is no “magic drug”
<https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/03/20/anthony-fauci-coronavirus-no-magic-drug-sot-vpx.cnn>
to cure COVID-19: “Today, there are no proven safe and effective
therapies for the coronavirus.”

*When:* Friday, April 24
*The claim:* Trump was being “sarcastic
<https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/the-white-house-spins-trumps-disinfectant-remarks/>”
when he suggested in a briefing on April 23 that his medical experts
should research the use of powerful light and injected disinfectants to
treat COVID-19.
*The truth:* Trump’s tone did not seem sarcastic when he made the
apparent suggestion to inject disinfectants. Turning to Birx and a
Department of Homeland Security science-and-technology official, he
mused
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-31/>:
“I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute.
And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or
almost a cleaning? … It would be interesting to check that.” When he
walked this statement back the next day, he added that he was only
asking his experts “to look into whether or not sun and disinfectant on
the hands [work].”

*When: *Friday, May 8
<https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2020/may/09/donald-trump-coronavirus-will-go-away-without-a-vaccine-video>
*The claim:* The coronavirus is “going to go away without a vaccine …
and we’re not going to see it again, hopefully, after a period of time.”
*The truth:* Fauci has repeatedly said
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/05/08/trump-says-coronavirus-will-disappear-without-vaccine-fauci-has-said-opposite/>
that the coronavirus’s sudden disappearance “is just not going to
happen.” Until the country has “a scientifically sound, safe, and
effective vaccine,” Fauci said
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/05/08/trump-says-coronavirus-will-disappear-without-vaccine-fauci-has-said-opposite/>
in May, the pandemic will not be over.

Read: Why does the president keep pushing a malaria drug?
<https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/04/hydroxychloroquine-trump/609547/>

*When:* Multiple times
*The claim:* Taking hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 is safe and
effective. “I happen to be a believer in hydroxy. I used it. I had no
problem. I happen to be a believer,” Trump said on one occasion. “It
doesn’t hurt people,” he commented on another.
*The truth:* Trump’s own FDA has warned
<https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or>against
<https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-reiterates-importance-close-patient-supervision-label-use>
taking the antimalarial drug with or without the antibiotic
azithromycin, which Trump has also promoted. Several large observational
studies in New York, France, and China have concluded
<https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/05/200515174441.htm> that
the drug has no benefit for COVID-19 patients, and Fauci and Trump’s
testing czar, Brett Giroir, have also cautioned
<https://apnews.com/d7f1d2003aeaa95466e12b875b7b4619> against it as the
president has repeated this claim in recent months.

*Another claim: *“One bad” study from the Department of Veterans Affairs
that found no benefit among veterans who took hydroxychloroquine to
treat COVID-19 was run by “people that aren’t big Trump fans.” The study
“was a Trump-enemy statement.”
*The truth: *There’s no evidence that the study was a political plot
orchestrated by Trump opponents, and it reached similar conclusions
<https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/trump-misleads-on-hydroxychloroquine-again/>
as other observational reports. The VA study was led by independent
researchers <https://apnews.com/a5077c7227b8eb8b0dc23423c0bbe2b2> from
the University of Virginia and the University of South Carolina with a
grant from the National Institutes of Health.

*Another claim:* Many frontline doctors and workers are taking
hydroxychloroquine to prevent COVID-19.
*The truth:* Multiple trials are under way to determine if health-care
workers should take the drug as a preventative. But there are no
conclusive
<https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/politics/workers-taking-hydroxychloroquine-fact-check/index.html>
numbers
<https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/trump-misleads-on-hydroxychloroquine-again/>
for how many workers are taking the drug outside of those studies.

*When:* Thursday, August 6
*The claim:* A coronavirus vaccine could be ready by Election Day.
*The truth:* The timeline Trump proposes contradicts health experts’
consensus that early 2021 is likely the soonest
<https://apnews.com/c751ee2efb2b84d66c56ff4109db9751> a vaccine could be
widely available.

*When:* Tuesday, September 29
*The claim:* “We’re weeks away from a vaccine,” Trump said at the first
debate.
*The truth:* Redfield has said
<https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/16/us/politics/trump-cdc-covid-vaccine.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage>
a COVID-19 vaccine may not be widely available to the American public
until the summer of next year. Two of the three drug companies working
on a vaccine have said
<https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/17/health/covid-vaccine-when-available.html>
they hope to have only initial clinical-trial results by the end of this
year.

*On the Defense Production Act*

*When:* Friday, March 20
*The claim: *Trump twice said
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-c-oronavirus-task-force-press-briefing/>
during a task-force briefing that he had invoked the Defense Production
Act, a Korean War–era law
<https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/politics/defense-production-act-trump/index.html>
that enables the federal government to order private industry to produce
certain items and materials for national use. He also said the federal
government was already using its authority under the law: “We have a lot
of people working very hard to do ventilators and various other things.”
*The truth:* Federal Emergency Management Agency Administrator Peter
Gaynor told CNN on March 22 that the president has not actually used the
DPA
<https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/03/22/sotu-gaynor-defense-production-act.cnn>
to order private companies to produce anything. Shortly after that,
Trump backtracked
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-8/>,
saying that he had not compelled private companies to take action. Then,
on March 24, Gaynor told CNN
<https://twitter.com/JohnBerman/status/1242430525412978689?s=20> that
FEMA plans to use the DPA to allocate 60,000 test kits. Trump tweeted
<https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1242421041193988096?s=20>
afterward that the DPA would not be used.

Jane Chong: How to actually use the Defense Production Act
<https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/how-actually-use-dpa-fight-covid-19/609469/>

*When:* Saturday, March 21
*The claim:* Automobile companies that have volunteered to manufacture
medical equipment, such as ventilators, are “making them right now
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-7/>.”
*The truth:* Ford and General Motors, which Trump mentioned at a
task-force briefing the same day, announced earlier in March that they
had halted all factory production
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/governors-and-mayors-in-growing-uproar-over-trumps-lagging-coronavirus-response/2020/03/22/98ac569a-6c49-11ea-a3ec-70d7479d83f0_story.html>
in North America and were likely months away from beginning production
of ventilators, representatives told the Associated Press
<https://apnews.com/17868870ddfc526c6c7f454d651b6d7f>. Since then, Ford
CEO James Hackett told CNN
<https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/business/ford-3m-ge-ventilators-coronavirus-duplicate-2/index.html>
that the auto company will begin to work with 3M to produce respirators
and with General Electric to assemble ventilators. GM said it will
explore the possibility of producing ventilators in an Indiana factory.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk, whose company Trump highlighted in a tweet
<https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1241732681366482944?s=20>,
has said that the company is “working on ventilators
<https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1241054739921428480?s=20>” but that
they cannot be produced “instantly
<https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1240492347835604992>.”

*On States’ Resources*

*When: *Tuesday, March 24
*The claim: *Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York passed on an opportunity
to purchase 16,000 ventilators at a low cost in 2015, Trump said during
the Fox News town hall.
*The truth: *Trump seems to have gleaned this claim from a /Gateway
Pundit/ article
<https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/ny-gov-cuomo-rejected-buying-recommended-16000-ventilators-in-2015-for-pandemic-established-death-panels-and-lottery-instead/>.
That piece, in turn, cites a syndicated column
<https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-didnt-have-to-have-ventilator-shortage-leaders-chose-not-to-prep-for-pandemic/>
from Betsy McCaughey, a former lieutenant governor of New York, which
includes a figure close to 16,000. The number comes from a 2015 report
<https://www.health.ny.gov/regulations/task_force/reports_publications/docs/ventilator_guidelines.pdf>
from the state’s health department that provided guidance for how New
York could handle a possible flu pandemic. The report notes that the
state would need 15,783 more ventilators than it had at the time to aid
patients during “an influenza pandemic on the scale of the 1918
pandemic.” The report does not include a recommendation to Cuomo for
additional purchases or stockpiling. Trump “obviously didn’t read the
document he’s citing,” a Cuomo representative said in a statement.

*Another claim: *Trump also repeated a claim from the /Gateway Pundit/
article that Cuomo’s office established “death panels” and “lotteries”
as part of the state’s pandemic response.
*The truth: *The 2015 report and the accompanying press release
<https://www.health.ny.gov/press/releases/2015/2015-11-25_ventilator_allocation_guidelines.htm>
announced updated guidelines for hospitals to follow to allocate
ventilators. The guidelines “call for a triage officer or triage
committee to determine who receives or continues to receive ventilator
therapy” and describes how a random lottery allocation might work.
(Neither should be the first options for deciding care, the report
notes.) Cuomo never established a lottery.

*When:* Sunday, March 29
*The claim:* Trump “didn’t say” that governors do not need all the
medical equipment they are requesting from the federal government. And
he “didn’t say” that governors should be more appreciative of the help.
*The truth:* The president told

Fox News’ Sean Hannity on Thursday, March 26, that “a lot of equipment’s
being asked for that I don’t think they’ll need,” referring to requests
from the governors of Michigan, New York, and Washington. He also said,
during a Friday, March 27, task-force briefing
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-13/>,
that he wanted state leaders “to be appreciative … We’ve done a great
job.” He added that he wasn’t talking about himself, but about others
within the federal government working to combat the pandemic.

*When:* Sunday, March 29, and Monday, March 30
*The claim:* Hospitals are reporting an artificially inflated need for
masks and equipment, items that might be “going out the back door,”
Trump said on two separate days. He also said he was not talking about
hoarding: “I think maybe it’s worse than hoarding.”
*The truth:* There is no
<https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/no-evidence-trump-s-suggestion-masks-are-going-out-back-n1172251>
evidence
<https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/3/30/21199538/coronavirus-mask-trump-new-york-hospital-stealing>
to show that hospitals are maliciously hoarding or inflating their need
for masks and personal protective equipment when reporting
<https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/health/coronavirus-masks-shortage.html>
shortages
<https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cuomo-york-hospitals-reject-trumps-claim-masks-back/story?id=69877209>
in supplies. Although Cuomo reported anecdotal
<https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/06/people-are-stealing-face-masks-from-local-hospitals-gov-cuomo-says.html>
stories of thefts from hospitals early in March, he was referring to
opportunists trying to price-gouge early in the pandemic. Reuters has
reported
<https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-thefts/in-trenches-of-new-yorks-coronavirus-crisis-nurses-beg-borrow-and-steal-precious-masks-idUSKBN21E3BH>
a handful of stories of nurses hiding masks to conserve supplies amid
shortages, but not wide-scale thefts as Trump claimed.

*On China*

*When:* Tuesday, April 14
*The claim:* Asked about his past praise of China and its transparency,
Trump said that he hadn’t “talk[ed] about China’s transparency.”
*The truth:* Trump lauded the country in tweets he sent in late January
<https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1220044230065655808?s=20>
and early February
<https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1225728755248828416?s=20>.
In one, he highlighted the Chinese government’s “transparency”
<https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1220818115354923009?s=20>
about the coronavirus outbreak.

Read: How China is planning to win back the world
<https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/05/china-disinformation-propaganda-united-states-xi-jinping/612085/>

*When: *Friday, May 29
*The claim:* The WHO ignored “credible reports” of the coronavirus’s
spread in Wuhan, the Chinese city that first reported the new virus,
including those published in /The/ /Lancet/ medical journal in December.
*The truth:* /The Lancet/ said
<https://twitter.com/TheLancet/status/1262721061361254401> it did not
publish such reports in December. Its first reports on the virus’s
spread in Wuhan were published on January 24.

*Another claim: *Taiwanese officials had warned the WHO about
human-to-human transmission of a new virus by December 31.
*The truth: *Taiwan did not cite
<https://twitter.com/MOHW_Taiwan/status/1248915057188024320?s=20> “human
to human” transmission in the communications Trump referenced, but it
did ask for more information and compared the virus to SARS.

*Another claim:* In mid-January, the WHO said the coronavirus could not
be transmitted between humans.
*The truth:* The WHO did say on January 12 that early investigations by
China could find “no clear evidence
<https://www.who.int/csr/don/12-january-2020-novel-coronavirus-china/en/>”
of human-to-human transmission in Wuhan, but it did not rule such
transmission out. Two days later, a WHO official said
<https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-01-14/who-says-new-china-coronavirus-could-spread-warns-hospitals-worldwide>
during a press conference that “it is possible that there is limited
human-to-human transmission” among families, and warned hospitals around
the world to prepare for a greater outbreak.

*On Democrats*

*When:* Multiple times
*The claim:* House Speaker Nancy Pelosi urged people to attend “parties”
and a parade in San Francisco’s Chinatown to “show that this thing
doesn’t exist.”
*The truth: *Pelosi did visit San Francisco’s Chinatown in late February
to encourage residents not to fear the coronavirus in the city.
“Precautions have been taken” and the city was “on top of the
situation,” she said. But Pelosi did not urge people to attend a parade
or parties. San Francisco reported its first case of COVID-19 on March
5, a week later, and the Bay Area ordered residents to shelter in place
three weeks after the speaker’s visit.

*Another claim:* Pelosi was “dancing in the streets of Chinatown, trying
to say, ‘It’s okay to come to the United States. It’s fine. It’s
wonderful. Come on in. Bring your infection with you,’” Trump said in
May
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-rolling-remember-ceremony-honoring-nations-veterans-pow-mia/>.
*The truth:* Trump is embellishing his original lie: Pelosi was not
dancing in Chinatown or urging sick people to bring the coronavirus to
the United States.

*When*: Thursday, August 27, and Tuesday, September 29
*The claim:* Joe Biden wants an economic shutdown: “He wants to shut
down this country, and I want to keep it open,” Trump claimed at the
first presidential debate.
*The truth:* Biden never said this. He has said repeatedly that he plans
to “listen to the scientists” when deciding on policies to control the
virus. When asked by ABC’s David Muir in August if he would support an
economic shutdown, Biden said he “would be prepared to do whatever it
takes to save lives.” But in September, he was more specific, saying
<https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-wont-shutdown-us-economy>,
“There is going to be no need, in my view, to be able to shut down the
whole economy.”

*Another claim:* Biden wants to “delay the vaccine.”
*The truth: *Though Biden has claimed
<https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/16/us/politics/biden-trump-coronavirus-vaccine.html>
that Trump has put political pressure on scientists to accelerate the
approval and rollout of a COVID-19 vaccine, the former vice president
has never expressed a desire to delay it. He has asked
<https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/16/joe-biden-coronavirus-vaccine-trump-416420>
for “total transparency” from drug companies and scientists at the FDA
and the CDC about any vaccine, and has called for independent
verification of the vaccine’s efficacy.

Read: Joe Biden doesn’t have a plan for that
<https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/08/joe-biden-pandemic-planning/614932/>

*When:* Multiple times.
*The claim:* Biden called Trump “xenophobic” after the president
announced travel restrictions on China in January.
*The truth:* Biden did refer to the president’s “record of hysteria and
xenophobia—hysterical xenophobia—and fearmongering” during a campaign
stop on the same day Trump announced his restrictions, but he did not
refer to Trump’s announcement specifically. Biden’s campaign told
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/26/trumps-faux-facts-fox-news/>/The
Washington Post/
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/26/trumps-faux-facts-fox-news/>
that he was not criticizing Trump’s travel policies, but rather
reiterating an argument against Trump’s record that he’d made before
<https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/01/27/coronavirus-donald-trump-made-us-less-prepared-joe-biden-column/4581710002/>.

*On Protests*

*When:* Sunday, April 19 and Tuesday, April 21
*The claim: *Protesters who gathered in a handful of states over the
weekend to oppose social distancing were “doing social distancing”
themselves and “were all six feet apart.”
*The truth:* Protesters have clogged streets in at least seven states
after an April 15 demonstration
<https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2020/04/17/schor-if-another-gridlock-protest-happens-he-might-call-other-police-agencies-help/5154993002/>
at the Michigan state capitol grabbed national attention. In California
<https://www.ocregister.com/2020/04/17/dozens-of-protesters-gather-in-huntington-beach-in-defiance-of-stay-at-home-orders/>,
Colorado
<https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/04/19/protests-colorado-capitol-coronavirus/>,
Maryland
<https://www.wbaltv.com/article/coronavirus-protesters-annapolis-demand-maryland-reopen/32197401>,
North Carolina
<https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article242157631.html>,
Pennsylvania
<https://www.wfmz.com/news/area/pennsylvania/protesters-rally-in-harrisburg-to-demand-wolf-reopen-economy/article_53b6c864-8327-11ea-962b-478ed1500000.html>,
and Virginia
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/with-picnic-baskets-and-few-masks-demonstrators-protest-virginia-stay-at-home-orders/2020/04/16/fe08b016-8016-11ea-8013-1b6da0e4a2b7_story.html>,
demonstrators did not seem to be following the CDC’s safety guidelines,
local news outlets reported, and photos and videos from the ground show
tightly packed protests.

*Another claim:* Racial-justice protests and demonstrations fueled a
surge in coronavirus cases.
*The truth:* There is no evidence to support Trump’s claim, though
epidemiologists did fear
<https://www.factcheck.org/2020/07/trump-wrongly-blames-protests-mexico-for-covid-19-spread/>
at first that protests would trigger more infections. A recent
<https://news.northeastern.edu/2020/08/11/racial-justice-protests-were-not-a-major-cause-of-covid-19-infection-surges-new-national-study-finds/>
study
<https://kateto.net/covid19/COVID19%20CONSORTIUM%20REPORT%2010%20PROTEST%20AUGUST%202020.pdf>
by Northeastern, Harvard, and Northwestern suggests that widespread mask
wearing and the outdoor nature of the protests mitigated the spread.
Some economists have argued <https://www.nber.org/papers/w27408> that
the protests in more than 300 U.S. cities might have actually encouraged
more Americans to stay home during the civil unrest.

[ ........ Read more]

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/10/trumps-lies-about-coronavirus/608647/
Joe Lyin'
Trump exposed the Obama / Clinton socialist agenda.
max headroom <@.   >
2020-10-13 04:38:08 UTC
Post by a322x1n
Post by Jack Shit
Post by 4***@mydaja.com
Post by a322x1n
[...]
Trump exposed himself when he paid to grab Stormy Daniels by her pussy.
Trump is as criminal as Nixon, as senile as Reagan, and as incompetent
as Bush.

4***@mydaja.com

max headroom <@.   >
2020-10-13 11:47:18 UTC
Post by 4***@mydaja.com
Post by max headroom <@.   >
Post by a322x1n
Post by Jack Shit
Post by 4***@mydaja.com
Post by a322x1n
I'm just sorry it took this level of disaster in the Oval Office to
wake up the American public. Perhaps we need reform, like
manditory voting, "none of the above" slots on the ballot, popular
election of the President, universal ID from birth, and a host of
other reforms the past four years has shown to be needed.
Mandatory voting is to extreme. Everyone has a right to vote, or not
to if they chose. After this clusterf&&*k of an admistration. I have a
feeling more will vote. Trump makes Nixon look good. And I never
thought I would see this crap in my lifetime.
Trump exposed the crooked left.
The only thing Trump ever exposed to America is his penis.
Trump exposed himself when he paid to grab Stormy Daniels by her pussy.
Trump is as criminal as Nixon, as senile as Reagan, and as incompetent
as Bush.
http://youtu.be/t_yG_-K2MDo
Worst Person In The World No. 1: Trump Is A Mass Murderer

Helllo Catt

Go away you idiot.
max headroom <@.   >
2020-10-13 15:13:57 UTC
Post by Helllo Catt
Post by max headroom <@.   >
Post by 4***@mydaja.com
Post by max headroom <@.   >
Post by a322x1n
Post by Jack Shit
Post by 4***@mydaja.com
Post by a322x1n
[...]
http://youtu.be/rE-GxWyh
Go away you idiot.
If you are a beautiful woman, I will tell Trump to grab you by the pussy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/donald-trump-tape-transcript.html
Helllo Catt
You're fucking stupid, and you probably never touched a pussy.
j***@epstein.com
2020-10-13 18:51:31 UTC
Post by Helllo Catt
Post by max headroom <@.   >
Post by Helllo Catt
Post by max headroom <@.   >
Post by 4***@mydaja.com
Post by max headroom <@.   >
Post by a322x1n
Post by Jack Shit
Post by 4***@mydaja.com
Post by a322x1n
[...]
He touched his mom's pussy.

A lot.
Jack Shit
2020-10-13 16:39:17 UTC
http://youtu.be/rE-GxWyhw_Q
Why isn't he in jail?
%
2020-10-13 16:45:23 UTC
because he can let himself out
Helllo Catt
He's immune from jail.
BeamMeUpScotty
2020-10-13 18:19:55 UTC
Post by Helllo Catt
Post by %
Post by Jack Shit
Post by max headroom <@.   >
Worst Person In The World No. 1: Trump Is A Mass Murderer
http://youtu.be/rE-GxWyhw_Q
Why isn't he in jail?
because he can let himself out
He's immune from jail.
As long as he remains the President.

He can live like a President for a maximum of 8 years.

As Obama did and now it's looking like *Obama might spend* the remaining
years in a prison cell.

That will be a reminder for the next 20 years that Democrats are Corrupt
won't it? Biden on the other hand will go to a mental facility where he
will be dead soon.
--
That's karma

Democrats told us there was NO mortgage crisis.
Ted
2020-10-13 18:51:21 UTC
On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 14:19:55 -0400, BeamMeUpScotty
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Helllo Catt
Post by %
Post by Jack Shit
Post by max headroom <@.   >
Worst Person In The World No. 1: Trump Is A Mass Murderer
http://youtu.be/rE-GxWyhw_Q
Why isn't he in jail?
because he can let himself out
He's immune from jail.
As long as he remains the President.
He can live like a President for a maximum of 8 years.
As Obama did and now it's looking like *Obama might spend* the
remaining
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
years in a prison cell.
LOL. Gawd are you dumb.
Miloch
2020-10-13 18:59:53 UTC
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Helllo Catt
Post by %
Post by Jack Shit
Post by max headroom <@.   >
Worst Person In The World No. 1: Trump Is A Mass Murderer
http://youtu.be/rE-GxWyhw_Q
Why isn't he in jail?
because he can let himself out
He's immune from jail.
As long as he remains the President.
He can live like a President for a maximum of 8 years.
As Obama did and now it's looking like *Obama might spend* the remaining
years in a prison cell.
That will be a reminder for the next 20 years that Democrats are Corrupt
won't it? Biden on the other hand will go to a mental facility where he
will be dead soon.
Can someone check Beamer's family tree and check for incestuous marriages and
inbreeding...how else to explain his "stupid since birth" decreased cognitive
abilities!

*
Hunter
2020-10-13 18:36:21 UTC
Post by %
Post by Jack Shit
Post by max headroom <@.   >
Worst Person In The World No. 1: Trump Is A Mass Murderer
http://youtu.be/rE-GxWyhw_Q
Why isn't he in jail?
because he can let himself out
During brief questioning about Bill Clinton, the documents show
Giuffre said she saw the former president on Epstein’s island.
Representatives for Clinton did not immediately respond to a
request for comment. Clinton has distanced himself from Epstein,
and in a 2019 statement a spokesperson said: “President Clinton
knows nothing about the terrible crimes Jeffrey Epstein pleaded
guilty to in Florida some years ago, or those with which he has
been recently charged in New York.”

The documents also show that Giuffre was asked in an interview
whether Epstein ever bragged about the age of any girls with
whom he had sexual relations. “Yes, he did. He did all the
time,” she said. “The worst one that I heard from his own mouth
was this pretty 12-year-old girls he had flown in for his
birthday. It was a surprise birthday gift from one of his
friends and they were from France,” she alleged.

Epstein told her powerful people owed him favors, Giuffre
claimed, according to the documents. “Lots of people owed him
favors from what he told me … That’s why I believe he does so
many favors in the first place.”
Rudy
Anything to keep the left from cheating again.
Attila
2020-10-13 17:58:09 UTC
On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 11:16:21 GMT, a322x1n <***@void.void> in
alt.atheism with message-id
Post by a322x1n
As Trump stumbles, voters finalize their choices, and Biden’s lead
grows
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/as-trump-stumbles-voters-finali
ze-their-choices-and-bidens-lead-grows/ar-BB19UY8l?li=BBnb7Kz
<https://tinyurl.com/y4qbyts5>
Thanks!!! An excellent article.
I'm just sorry it took this level of disaster in the Oval Office to
wake up the American public. Perhaps we need reform, like
manditory voting, "none of the above" slots on the ballot, popular
election of the President, universal ID from birth, and a host of
other reforms the past four years has shown to be needed.
Democrats are insane. No, actually they are predictability focused.

They are all about votes to put their agenda into law. A large number
of them are dependent on government programs of some type such as
Medicare, Social Security, welfare, food stamps, and dozens of other
programs that give income to those who have not earned it. Basically
income redistribution.

These people look at what they have and support those they trust to
continue the something for nothing policies. They line up in droves
for those who will promise to give them even more, whether it is free
medical care, college education, a higher minimum wage, or a minimum
government provided income for all.

They don't care where the money is coming from as long as they get
their free stuff. Many if not most of them know nothing about
economics and care even less. All they care about is whether or not
they will get their free stuff this month and possibly more next
month. Most of them cannot understand or care that someone must pay
somewhere - as far as they are concerned it's government money, their
experience is that the government always has money, and they cannot
conceive of anything else.

They will vote for anyone who promises them to continue their free
stuff, and especially those who will add to it, and reflexively attack
with any weapon handy anyone they perceive as trying to end this
situation. False accusations, physical assaults, direct lies -
nothing is barred and all is permitted in the name of continuing those
free handouts.

When this becomes the actual numerical majority so that they can vote
into office anyone who supports their cause of more free stuff and
politically (and sometimes literally) destroy anyone who stands in
their way the result will be a combination of any or all of a war of
aggression to gain wealth to support the economy or a depression that
will make the Great Depression of the 1930's look like a day at
Disneyland.

At any rate it will be time for all sane educated people who
understand just what is going on to dig a hole, jump in, and pull it
in after them.
--
Some of the Republican positions I find disgusting and abhorrent.
Most of the Democratic positions I find terrifying.

Trump 2020

There are four despicable occupations:
Politicians - By far worse than all the others.
Pimps
Priests
Reporters

National Socialist American Worker's Party
formally known as the Democrat Party.

Don't build a wall, build a kill zone.
max headroom <@.   >
2020-10-13 23:31:21 UTC
Post by Attila
alt.atheism with message-id
Post by a322x1n
[...]
To sum it up, you are saying it should be a country of "masters &
slaves", "lords & serfs", "haves & have-nots".
Attila
2020-10-14 08:24:42 UTC
Post by max headroom <@.   >
Post by Attila
alt.atheism with message-id
Post by a322x1n
[...]
Only a Democrat would interpret it that way. You must be one of those
dependent on some income redistribution government giveaway program.

Siri Cruise
2020-10-13 21:14:33 UTC
Post by a322x1n
I'm just sorry it took this level of disaster in the Oval Office to
wake up the American public. Perhaps we need reform, like
manditory voting, "none of the above" slots on the ballot, popular
We already have that. It's called abstention. It's when you mark
no one for an office on a ballot.
Post by a322x1n
election of the President, universal ID from birth, and a host of
Just tatoo a number on everyone's left forearm.
Attila
2020-10-13 22:42:34 UTC
On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 14:14:33 -0700, Siri Cruise <***@yahoo.com>
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by a322x1n
I'm just sorry it took this level of disaster in the Oval Office to
wake up the American public. Perhaps we need reform, like
manditory voting, "none of the above" slots on the ballot, popular
We already have that. It's called abstention. It's when you mark
no one for an office on a ballot.
Or just not vote.
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by a322x1n
election of the President, universal ID from birth, and a host of
Just tatoo a number on everyone's left forearm.
Implant an ID chip.

r***@post.com
2020-10-13 22:34:05 UTC
In article <chine.bleu-***@reader.eternal-
september.org>
Post by a322x1n
election of the President, universal ID from birth, and a host of
Just tatoo a number on everyone's left forearm.
That's in the Democrat manifesto.