Old Man Still Confused About What Exactly the Post Office Does
2018-05-19 02:31:38 UTC
https://gizmodo.com/old-man-still-confused-about-what-exactly-the-post-offi-1826154249

Donald Trump, being the president, is not most people. That makes his unique
ignorance about how the agency works all the more embarrassing, both for us as a
nation, and—as recently reported by the Washington Post—for current Postmaster
General Megan Brennan:

President Trump has personally pushed U.S. Postmaster General Megan Brennan to
double the rate the Postal Service charges Amazon.com and other firms to ship
packages, according to three people familiar with their conversations [...]
Brennan has so far resisted Trump’s demand, explaining in multiple conversations
occurring this year and last that these arrangements are bound by contracts and
must be reviewed by a regulatory commission.

Trump’s presidency has made personal attacks on individuals and companies the
norm, along with personal involvement in matters previously deemed
inappropriate. We are, for worse, used to this sort of thing. But Trump’s
specific beef with the Post Office, and Amazon’s supposedly vampiric
relationship to it, is specifically and overwhelmingly stupid because he’s been
corrected on this many times before by qualified individuals—notably the former
Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe.

The Post reports that Brennan eventually tried to explain the non-issue to the
president using visual aids, out of we imagine had to be sheer exasperation:

She has told the president that the Amazon relationship is beneficial for the
Postal Service and gave him a set of slides that showed the variety of
companies, in addition to Amazon, that also partner for deliveries.

2018-05-19 02:45:32 UTC
Brennan has so far resisted Trump's demand, explaining in multiple conversations
occurring this year and last that these arrangements are bound by contracts and
must be reviewed by a regulatory commission.
The Post reports that Brennan eventually tried to explain the non-issue to the
Hypnosis might be a last resort but clinically insane persons can be
very difficult subjects.
Gronk
2018-05-26 03:51:40 UTC
[...]
https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/donald-trump-stumbling-answer-america-nuclear-arsenal/AQqtbOO9K8hP5Lt57ztbAK/

Toward the end of Tuesday night's Republican presidential debate here,
front-runner Donald Trump was asked about the U.S. nuclear triad, but
seemed not to know what it was.

After the billionaire fumbled, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio picked up the ball
to explain the concept to "people at home" who might be unfamiliar with
the term -- in addition to Trump.

Hewitt: "Of the three legs of the triad, though, do you have a priority? I
want to go to Senator Rubio after that and ask him."

Trump: "I think -- I think, for me, nuclear is just the power, the
devastation is very important to me."

We asked Jeb Bush campaign manager Danny Diaz in the spin room if Trump's
triad answer would haunt him. Diaz replied:

"We’ve said for quite a while here that we don’t believe that his kind of
depth of knowledge on these issues, that coupled with kind of erratic kind
of behavior and rhetoric, are suited for the highest office in the country."
Miloch
2018-05-26 04:37:37 UTC
Post by Gronk
[...]
Welcome to the United States of Venezuela where Donald Trump occupies the White
House office of President "El Supremo"!!