NASCAR bans Confederate flag
2020-06-11 15:39:54 UTC
In article <***@teresita-Latitude-D630>, LinuxGal
says...
NASCAR bans Confederate flags: "The presence of the
Confederate flag at NASCAR events runs contrary to our
commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive
environment for all fans, our competitors and our industry."
Trump refuses to consider renaming military bases with
Confederate names. 50/50 chance Trump tweets yelling at
NASCAR to protect "our beautiful and historic Confederate
flag."
NASCAR Truck Series driver QUITS after the Confederate flag is finally banned at
races after 70 years as the sport's only black star Bubba Wallace applauds
abolishing the 'hate symbol'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8410339/NASCAR-Truck-Series-driver-QUITS-Confederate-flag-banned-races-70-years.html

*NASCAR Truck Series driver Ray Ciccarelli is planning to quit at the end of the
season over his objection to the circuit's decision to ban the Confederate flag

*Ciccarelli wrote on his Facebook page following the announcement that he is
done with 'any political BS,' adding that the flag isn't seen as racist by
everyone

*Outraged NASCAR helmet artist Jason Beam tweeted 'ignorance wins again, NASCAR
you realize the North had slaves too, lol not just the South'

*A publicist for one NASCAR driver tweeted the decision was 'a joke'

*Bubba Wallace, the circuit's only black driver, called for the change on
Tuesday

*Wallace applauded the move: 'There's just no good that comes from that flag'

*For more than 70 years, the flag was a common sight for stock car racing - a
sport that's rooted in the South and has come to symbolize the region

A NASCAR Truck Series driver is planning to quit the sport at the end of the
season after the company banned the Confederate flag and memorabilia from its
races amid national uproar over last month's police killing of unarmed black man
George Floyd.

Truck Series driver Ray Ciccarelli wrote on his Facebook page following
Wednesday's announcement that he refuses to be drawn into 'any political BS.'

'I don't believe in kneeling during Anthem nor taken (sic) ppl right to fly what
ever (sic) flag they love. I could care less about the Confederate Flag but
there are ppl that do and it doesn't make them a racist all you are doing is
[expletive] one group to cater to another.

'I ain't spend the money we are to participate in any political BS!! So
everything is for SALE!!'

Ciccarelli wasn't the only person in the stock car racing world to object to
NASCAR's decision.

NASCAR helmet artist Jason Beam tweeted 'ignorance wins again, NASCAR you
realize the North had slaves too, lol not just the South, you want to remove the
American Flag as well, idiots.' And a publicist for one NASCAR driver tweeted
the decision was 'a joke.'

While the Confederate flag remains a symbol of southern pride to some, its
history is inextricably linked with slavery and the racist motivations behind
the secession of the southern states in 1860.

As Confederate Vice President Alexander H. Stevens infamously said at the onset
of the Civil War: 'Our new [government's] foundations are laid, its cornerstone
rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man.'

For more than 70 years, that flag was a common and complicated sight at NASCAR
races. Through the civil rights era right on through the season opener at
Daytona in February, the flag dotted infield campsites and was waved in
grandstands by fans young and old.

The issue was pushed to the forefront this week by Bubba Wallace, NASCAR's lone
black driver and an Alabama native who called for the banishment of the
Confederate flag and said there was 'no place' for it in the sport.

'This is about our brothers and sisters that are suffering through a lot,'
Wallace told ABC's Good Morning America on Thursday. 'You look at the
Confederate flag and how, yes, it may mean heritage to most, but to a group that
is in a lot of pain right now — the African American community is in a lot of
pain — that's a symbol of hate. And it brings back so many bad memories, signs
of oppression from way back when.

'There's just no good that comes with that flag,' he continued. 'That's the
message we're trying to get across. It's not about you. It's about a group of
people that we are trying to bring together and make this world a better place.'

2020-06-11 19:56:12 UTC
[...]
What is this Pan-African flag and African paraphernalia I see a lot of
the protesters wearing? Some of those African countries might even have
a history of oppressing their own citizens.
Miloch
2020-06-11 21:21:41 UTC
In article <super70s-***@reader02.eternal-september.org>,
super70s says...
Post by super70s
[...]
It's tribal...

See...

1. Somali Civil War—1991

2. Nigerian Civil War—1967

3. Rwandan Genocide—1994

4. The Lord’s Resistance Army Insurgence—1987

5. Eritrean-Ethiopian War—1998

As a freshman at Univ Calif in 1963, Gov. Ronald Reagan proposed instituting
"tuition" for all students...one of the first protest buttons I wore was one the
read "No Tuition"...'cause...oppression.

During the VNam War, of which I was a participant, lots of students burned their
draft cards...except Woody Allen...who claimed to have 'boiled' his.

...good times

*
Byker
2020-06-11 22:01:37 UTC
During the VNam War, of which I was a participant, lots of students burned
their draft cards...except Woody Allen...who claimed to have 'boiled' his.
And even if you did enlist, as I did, the thought of burning your draft card
at least went through your head and you had to choose...
Miloch
2020-06-11 23:11:43 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by Miloch
During the VNam War, of which I was a participant, lots of students burned
their draft cards...except Woody Allen...who claimed to have 'boiled' his.
And even if you did enlist, as I did, the thought of burning your draft card
at least went through your head and you had to choose...
ROTC...13 months after graduation...9 months of which were spent in flight
school...I was a brand new 1st Lt flying combat missions in VNam in a UH-1. A
fellow high school class mate attended the Air Force Academy and was
simultaneously flying F-4s out of Thailand. Not everyone had thoughts of
burning their draft cards.

Maybe so with the crowd you ran with...but not mine.

Trump...on the other hand...chose to facilitate 4F status courtesy of a doctor
renting office space from Trump Sr. He did, however, look good in his uniform
while attending New York Military Academy...a college prep school.

*
Hello Kiitty
2020-06-11 23:40:00 UTC
ROTC...13 months after graduation...9 months of which were spent in flight
school...I was a brand new 1st Lt flying combat missions in VNam in a UH-1. A
fellow high school class mate attended the Air Force Academy and was
simultaneously flying F-4s out of Thailand. Not everyone had thoughts of
burning their draft cards.
Maybe so with the crowd you ran with...but not mine.
Trump...on the other hand...chose to facilitate 4F status courtesy of a doctor
renting office space from Trump Sr. He did, however, look good in his uniform
while attending New York Military Academy...a college prep school.
You were anxious to kill brown people that never harmed us. Trump is a better
man than you.
John Carlson
2020-06-11 23:44:03 UTC
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by Miloch
ROTC...13 months after graduation...9 months of which were spent in flight
school...I was a brand new 1st Lt flying combat missions in VNam in a UH-1. A
fellow high school class mate attended the Air Force Academy and was
simultaneously flying F-4s out of Thailand. Not everyone had thoughts of
burning their draft cards.
Maybe so with the crowd you ran with...but not mine.
Trump...on the other hand...chose to facilitate 4F status courtesy of a doctor
renting office space from Trump Sr. He did, however, look good in his uniform
while attending New York Military Academy...a college prep school.
You were anxious to kill brown people that never harmed us. Trump is
a coward, who now wants young men and women to kill brown people who never
harmed us.

Shut up, Cunty.
Hello Kiitty
2020-06-12 00:18:43 UTC
I now want young men and women to kill brown people who never
harmed us.
Why? Is Soros paying you to start a race war?
John Carlson
2020-06-12 00:32:39 UTC
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by Miloch
ROTC...13 months after graduation...9 months of which were spent in flight
school...I was a brand new 1st Lt flying combat missions in VNam in a UH-1. A
fellow high school class mate attended the Air Force Academy and was
simultaneously flying F-4s out of Thailand. Not everyone had thoughts of
burning their draft cards.
Maybe so with the crowd you ran with...but not mine.
Trump...on the other hand...chose to facilitate 4F status courtesy of a doctor
renting office space from Trump Sr. He did, however, look good in his uniform
while attending New York Military Academy...a college prep school.
You were anxious to kill brown people that never harmed us. Trump is
Trump is a coward, who now wants young men and women to kill brown people who never
harmed us.
Why?
Because Trump is a weak cunt like you, Cunty.
Lucifer
2020-06-12 02:40:28 UTC
Post by John Carlson
a coward, who now wants young men and women to kill brown people who never
harmed us.
Shut up, Cunty.
Nobody should protest against racism.
Black people should be happy to be allowed to live in a white country.
White people should not encourage black people to think they matter.
George
2020-06-12 21:07:19 UTC
On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 16:40:00 -0700
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by Miloch
ROTC...13 months after graduation...9 months of which were spent in
flight school...I was a brand new 1st Lt flying combat missions in
VNam in a UH-1. A fellow high school class mate attended the Air
Force Academy and was simultaneously flying F-4s out of Thailand.
Not everyone had thoughts of burning their draft cards.
Maybe so with the crowd you ran with...but not mine.
Trump...on the other hand...chose to facilitate 4F status courtesy
of a doctor renting office space from Trump Sr. He did, however,
look good in his uniform while attending New York Military
Academy...a college prep school.
You were anxious to kill brown people that never harmed us. Trump is
a better man than you.
No. He served his country.
And I'd say the Vietnamese are Asian.
And you think they wouldn't have hurt any-one with all that 'Kill
Americans' propaganda ?????????
BiologyMajor
2020-06-13 12:44:46 UTC
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by Miloch
ROTC...13 months after graduation...9 months of which were spent in flight
school...I was a brand new 1st Lt flying combat missions in VNam in a UH-1. A
fellow high school class mate attended the Air Force Academy and was
simultaneously flying F-4s out of Thailand. Not everyone had thoughts of
burning their draft cards.
Maybe so with the crowd you ran with...but not mine.
Trump...on the other hand...chose to facilitate 4F status courtesy of a doctor
renting office space from Trump Sr. He did, however, look good in his uniform
while attending New York Military Academy...a college prep school.
You were anxious to kill brown people that never harmed us. Trump is a better
man than you.
Trump has killed more Americans than the Vietnam and Korean wars
combined with his 'What Virus' bullshit.

And he killed all those Americans in three months.
Another 100,000 is on the way in the next three months
due to his obsessive desire to reopen the economy ASAP.

Here's what well respected John Bolton said of Trump.
His former closest advisor that knows him best.

Writes Bolton: “I am hard-pressed to identify any significant
Trump decision during my tenure that wasn’t driven by
re-election calculations.”
https://politicalwire.com/2020/06/12/bolton-says-trump-decisions-driven-by-re-election

Trump could care less about the American people and he's going
to kill 200,000 Americans just to get reelected.

While trump spent the early part of the year downplaying
the virus, deliberately ignoring pleas to ramp up testing, the
virus was spreading like wildfire in the US.

He didn't want to test because that would cause the numbers
of cases to rise and make him look bad, cost him votes.

HONG KONG is the size of NY City, yet they had only FOUR DEATHS
because they didn't wait those two months to respond.

Well it cost American's plenty in all the deaths...and
in the scale of the economic collapse that followed.
George
2020-06-13 20:42:43 UTC
On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 08:44:46 -0400
Post by BiologyMajor
Post by Hello Kiitty
Post by Miloch
[...]
You have an obsession and are prone to lying.
Wolffan
2020-06-13 22:53:18 UTC
Post by BiologyMajor
Post by Miloch
[...]
Well, yes, Jonathon (under whatever name he uses to avoid the banhammer at
talk.origins) is obsessed. And yes, he _is_ prone to lying. However, he’s
not lying in the quoted post. DJT has, in fact, caused the deaths of more
Americans than died in Korea and Vietnam, combined, and he did, in fact, do
it in three months where Korea took three years and Vietnam over ten,
depending on where you put the start and end points. And there are another
100,000 deaths on the way over the next three-four months, and this is, in
fact, due to DJT’s desire to ‘open’ the economy.

It’s not often that Jonathon is right about something, bout even a stopped
clock gets it right on occasion.
Jack Shit
Trump didn't cause any deaths you braindead moron.
PaxPerPoten
2020-06-14 07:37:32 UTC
Post by BiologyMajor
Post by Miloch
[...]
Yep, President Trump in person gave each of those people the death
sentence and The originator of the disease is totally innocent. As is
congress, all these phony Doctors and Drug research companies, Don't
forget Obama care nd the Senate and idiot assholes like you that can't
shut the fuck up and stay home. I amazes me no end the Joy you get out
of those thousands of deaths and to play God by accusing just about
anybody that does not fit your criminal Marxist profile. You remind me
of the Vietnam Draft dodger that hid out in Great Britain while better
men took his place to fight and possibly die.
Klaus Schadenfreude
2020-06-14 08:23:45 UTC
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by BiologyMajor
Post by Miloch
[...]
Yup, that's his "Art of the Deal". He fucked the US beyond recognition
three years into he term of office. What a disaster! I am so ashamed
that the fucker is of German descent. His real family surname is "Drumpf".
PaxPerPoten
2020-06-15 17:27:55 UTC
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by BiologyMajor
Post by Miloch
[...]
I wonder if he does as many hallucinatory drugs as you obviously do.
I am prone to believe that the virus was a natural phenomena that
happens every so often on this planet. It would be horrible if it were
lab produced and distributed by any Government as a from of biological
warfare that spread further then intended. But if it is Government
sponsored, the only country to profit would be China...Got it
Butthead...China! You and that little freak, Rudy seem to be hung up on
the premise that President Trump is guilty of everything from the Virus
to your bad breath. As for German...My Ancestors all came from Austria
before there was a Germany. So if you want to resign from this
bloodline...Be my guest. Good fucking riddance.
John Carlson
2020-06-15 17:43:37 UTC
Post by BiologyMajor
Post by Miloch
[...]
I wonder if he does as many hallucinatory drugs as I obviously do.
Nah.
Rudy Crayola
2020-06-15 18:04:49 UTC
Post by BiologyMajor
Post by Miloch
[...]
I wonder if he does as many hallucinatory drugs as John the Faggot Carlson obviously does.
No where near.
OK
John Carlson
2020-06-14 21:17:49 UTC
On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 03:53:12 -0400
Hong Kong is the size of NY City, yet Hong Kong had FOUR deaths
because they didn't delay for two months in responding and
testing.
Hong Kong is now under the Chinese yoke.
You know... Chinese
the originators of the virus????
Wuhan was the first city to report it because they are honest people.
The virus was leaked from the US Army bioweapon lab at Fort Detrick
before the lab was shut down by CDC in August, 2019.
Protecting their own
Hong Kong has gone through Hong Kong Flu, SARS, Avian Flu, and what not.
Same with people in China, the people in Hong Kong routinely wear face
mask even before the new coronavirus, because of the riots over there.
If you are observant, you should have noticed that China, Korea, Hong
Kong, and Singapore have very low infection and death rate from Covid-19
because they wear face mask. Trump told American people to frequently
wash their hand and told American people that face masks are not
necessary. That's why Americans are dropping like flies. Coronavirus is
an airborne communicable disease much like the common flu. Face mask is
the simplest and most effective way to prevent the spread of the
coronavirus. Washing the hands is no better than wearing a butt-plug to
prevent inhaling and exhaling the coronavirus. Would you wear a
butt-plug to prevent Covid-19 like Trump told you to? No? Then fire the
mango-faced fat fuck on November 3, 2020 by voting Democrat no matter
who the candidate is.
Miranda Wright
What a load of rubbish. And you know it.
George
2020-06-15 00:39:46 UTC
On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 17:20:27 -0700
Post by Miranda Wright
Post by John Carlson
[...]
I almost feel sorry for that poster
When President Trump is returned to the Presidential residence will all
these posters immolate themselves at the White House gate????
Or will they just break up their suburb as usual ???
Phantom_View
2020-06-15 01:50:02 UTC
Post by Miranda Wright
Post by John Carlson
[...]
Probably one of Xi's cousins working in the Disinformation
Bureau ....
Oleg Smirnov
2020-06-14 06:16:33 UTC
Post by BiologyMajor
Post by Hello Kiitty
You were anxious to kill brown people that never harmed us.
True.
Post by BiologyMajor
And he killed all those Americans in three months.
Another 100,000 is on the way in the next three months
due to his obsessive desire to reopen the economy ASAP.
Trump does so because we the KGB have installed him
to be your president, so he works hard and fruitfully
to undermine America by any means possible.
Byker
2020-06-12 00:27:25 UTC
Maybe so with the crowd you ran with...but not mine.
After all the JROTC I had in high school I figured I might as well put it to
good use, but not as a moving target some gook's rice paddy...
Miloch
2020-06-12 00:51:54 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by Miloch
Maybe so with the crowd you ran with...but not mine.
After all the JROTC I had in high school I figured I might as well put it to
good use, but not as a moving target some gook's rice paddy...
Univ CA was a 'land grant' college in which all male students were required to
attend ROTC classes for their first two years...including weekly drill sessions
in the parade field...the requirement ended my freshman year.

MORRILL LAND GRANT COLLEGE ACT of 1862

[37th Congress, Chapter 130, 12 Stat. 503-505, 7 U.S.C. 301]

The Morrill Land Grant Collect Act granted federal land to the states for the
establishment of land grant colleges for education in the “agricultural and
mechanical arts.” Land was allocated to each state not in rebellion,
corresponding to 30,000 acres for each senator and representative in Congress.
The Act also provided for instruction in military tactics, which would
eventually become the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC).

*
John Carlson
2020-06-12 00:54:03 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by Miloch
[...]
I'm just a little younger. I grew up in CA, and I never knew that ROTC was
required at UC.
Miloch
2020-06-12 01:15:43 UTC
Post by John Carlson
Post by Miloch
Post by Byker
Post by Miloch
[...]
http://www.fsm-a.org/stacks/AP_files/APCompulsROTC.html

"...Then, on June 29, 1962, in Los Angeles the Regents voted to end compulsory
ROTC, beginning with the fall semester of 1962. The Regents said that the
Defense Department advised them that "compulsory basic ROTC was not needed to
meet quality standards nor to produce numbers of officers required." Kerr stated
that the action was taken "responsive to student petitions", but added that the
proposal had confronted the Regents since 1877. (51) On the 19th of September,
1962, the Chairman of the Military Science Department said that ROTC enrollment
had declined 90%"

I attended the Davis campus...at the time considered an agriculture and vet
school...although it offered degrees in everything else. I remember having
military instructors in ROTC who were sent back to VNam for yet another tour
only to get killed.

*
John Carlson
2020-06-12 01:27:34 UTC
Post by John Carlson
Post by Miloch
Post by Byker
Post by Miloch
[...]
I just finished reading that about 20-30 minutes ago.
It was a bad, wrong war any way you look at it.
Hello Kiitty
2020-06-12 02:11:23 UTC
Post by John Carlson
I just finished reading
Bullshit.
John Carlson
No, not bullshit, Cunty.
Leper
2020-06-12 01:48:03 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by Miloch
[...]
It wasn't when I was there in the 1960's. It was optional. I opted out
as having served and still in inactive reserve. But you did not have to
join ROTC! Drop out of college and a good possibility might be a draft
call. I did have to teach manners to some antiwar asshole Cunts that
wouldn't leave me alone.
John Carlson
2020-06-12 02:19:00 UTC
Post by Leper
Post by Miloch
Post by Byker
Post by Miloch
[...]
It was dropped as mandatory in 1962.
No, you didn't do that.
BiologyMajor
2020-06-13 12:59:49 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by Miloch
During the VNam War, of which I was a participant, lots of students burned
their draft cards...except Woody Allen...who claimed to have 'boiled' his.
And even if you did enlist, as I did, the thought of burning your draft card
at least went through your head and you had to choose...
ROTC...13 months after graduation...9 months of which were spent in flight
school...I was a brand new 1st Lt flying combat missions in VNam in a UH-1.
And you lived to tell the tale? I heard that was high risk duty.
When I was a kid just loved building plastic models of Huey's
and Cobras.

fellow high school class mate attended the Air Force Academy and was
simultaneously flying F-4s out of Thailand. Not everyone had thoughts of
burning their draft cards.
Maybe so with the crowd you ran with...but not mine.
And today the people of Vietnam see America in a more
favorable way then just about any other nation on
Earth.

"Vietnam has become one of the most U.S.-friendly nations
in Asia, if not the world. One recent poll from Pew found
that 78 percent of Vietnamese citizens had a favorable view
of the United States"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/05/23/vietnam-and-americas-surprising-turn-from-foes-to-friends/
Post by Miloch
Trump...on the other hand...chose to facilitate 4F status courtesy of a doctor
renting office space from Trump Sr. He did, however, look good in his uniform
while attending New York Military Academy...a college prep school.
Trump is a neo-fascist, a classic Mussolini/Hitler fascist.

Here's how Wiki defines neo-fascism, sound familiar?

Neo-fascism
From Wiki

"Neo-fascism is a post–World War II ideology that includes
significant elements of fascism. Neo-fascism usually includes...

ultranationalism
racial supremacy
populism
authoritarianism
nativism
xenophobia
opposition to immigration
opposition to liberal democracy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-fascism

But of course the heart-and-soul of fascism is
to demonize an entire population of people, blame
'those people' for all the problems, whether
crime, drugs, unemployment etc etc.

Just get rid of 'those people' and Germany
would rule for a thousand years, get rid of
'those people' and Make America Great Again.

Mussolini pioneered the political tactics of
fascism by demonizing immigrants, Hitler the Jews
and now Trump with illegal immigrants.

It's all the same stuff, win by giving the people
someone to kick every day, to blame for their
problems, fears and especially pander to
their bigotry

It' the very same political strategy 400,000 Americans
died fighting in WW2. And it's the DARKEST political
strategy ever invented.

That's what Trump has given America.

He's sold our soul as a nation to get the win.
Byker
2020-06-17 19:08:43 UTC
Post by BiologyMajor
Trump is a neo-fascist, a classic Mussolini/Hitler fascist.
Here's how Wiki defines neo-fascism, sound familiar?
So are many -- if not most -- Americans, though they won't admit it (for
now). Historically, whenever there's a major crisis, people want someone --
anyone -- who will bring order to the chaos, be it a Hitler, Stalin, Mao,
Franco, Mussolini, or Saddam Hussein, and after the dictator is dead and
gone years later, people will still think warmly of him and tell their
grandkids how he "saved the country".

You KNOW it's coming, snowflakes: http://tinyurl.com/y3csvx6h

So go right on ahead and keep churning out your silly videos:
https://vimeo.com/237489146
(short version)
(long version)

Whether or not "fascism" is coming to America, it
is undeniable that the Internet has put more in place
to make it possible than there has EVER been before...

Siri Cruise
2020-06-11 22:20:44 UTC
It's tribal...
Like the tribal flags
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_France.svg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Germany_(1867%E2%8
0%931919).svg
2020-06-11 22:16:18 UTC
In article
Post by super70s
What is this Pan-African flag and African paraphernalia I see a lot of
the protesters wearing? Some of those African countries might even have
a history of oppressing their own citizens.
More likely the African National Congress flag which opposed
racist South Africa. ANC has its own problem but nothing like the
offical government racism they led in overthrowing.
BeamMeUpScotty
2020-06-11 22:31:14 UTC
In article
Post by super70s
What is this Pan-African flag and African paraphernalia I see a lot of
the protesters wearing? Some of those African countries might even have
a history of oppressing their own citizens.
More likely the African National Congress flag which opposed
racist South Africa. ANC has its own problem but nothing like the
offical government racism they led in overthrowing.
The Marxist South Africa GOVERNMENT has been confiscating land from
whites and is complicit in killing whites... NOT 150 years ago but over
he last decade.

And many black tribes sold slaves into slavery on the African Continent,
have you banned any of their memorabilia? Or the South African Flag?
*That's Karma*
Lucifer
2020-06-12 03:19:40 UTC
In article
Post by super70s
What is this Pan-African flag and African paraphernalia I see a lot of
the protesters wearing? Some of those African countries might even have
a history of oppressing their own citizens.
More likely the African National Congress flag which opposed
racist South Africa. ANC has its own problem but nothing like the
offical government racism they led in overthrowing.
South Africans were better off under Apartheid.
Black people can't manage themselves. SA is in anarchy now.