Susan Collins Cops to Magical Thinking About Trump
2020-02-06 05:49:14 UTC
https://www.thedailybeast.com/susan-collins-admits-trump-may-not-have-learned-his-lesson?ref=home

One day after Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) announced her decision to vote against
removing President Trump from office by saying that she believes he has learned
his “lesson” and will be “much more cautious in the future,” she admitted on Fox
News that her assumption was based on nothing. Asked by Fox anchor Martha
MacCallum if Trump gave her any “assurance” that he would not accept (or
solicit) foreign help in his next election, Collins said she has not spoken to
him once throughout the Senate trial, which ended in the president’s acquittal
Wednesday afternoon.

“So why do you have that feeling that he has changed, that he learned a lesson?”
MacCallum asked. Collins smiled broadly as she replied, “Well, I may not be
correct on that. It’s more aspirational on my part, it’s more that I hope that
he’s listened to the many voices in the Senate who have pointed out that the
call was very problematic.” President Trump has never admitted that his phone
call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky was anything less than
“perfect.”

2020-02-06 19:29:53 UTC
http://youtu.be/ARP9m7-PzJU
[...]
I believe you could force a terrorist to listen to this woman's voice
for 30 min. and it would have the same effect as waterboarding.
Siri Cruise
2020-02-06 23:01:48 UTC
I believe you could force a terrorist to listen to this woman's voice
for 30 min. and it would have the same effect as waterboarding.
I suspect her constituents are so tired of her equivocating
bullshot she's not going to be reelected. So she takes the
opportuniy to crap on her state one last time.

I hear Maine is openning the Susan J Collins Memorial Sanitary
Landfill and Toxic Waste Dump.
2020-02-07 02:36:20 UTC
[...]
Hey What's The Deal With This Person Running Against Susan Collins, Because Fuck
Susan Collins

https://theslot.jezebel.com/hey-whats-the-deal-with-this-person-running-against-sus-1841500933

...Though Collins is best known at this very moment for treating the president
like a child who accidentally ate some glue—“I believe that the president has
learned from this case ... and will be more cautious in the future,” she said
during a speech explaining her vote not to impeach Trump—and insisting, beyond
all reason or evidence, that Christine Blasey Ford had mistaken Brett Kavanaugh
for someone else, she’s been shitty for quite some time. In the past, her
support for same-sex marriage and bashful pro-choice agenda may have allowed her
to embrace a public profile as a “liberal Republican,” but this is the senator
who co-sponsored the act making it a federal crime to encourage boycotts of
Israel, who voted against amnesty for undocumented immigrants in 2007, who voted
against the DREAM Act in 2010.

As of the summer of 2019, Collins was surpassed only by Mitch McConnell in how
widely hated by voters she was. A web of PACs have bundled half a million
dollars to help her win the seat again in 2020; as of late last year, not a
single cent had been donated though those dark money vehicles by anyone
currently residing in Collins’ state, which should tell you something about the
wisdom of the good people of Maine. Collins is so detested, in fact, a
crowdfunding campaign raised nearly $4 million for her “future opponent,”
whoever that person may have been.

That person is, apparently, Sara Gideon, the current speaker of the Maine House
of Representatives.

Sara Gideon, as I learned by reading a few stories just now, is a 47-year-old
mother of three from Rhode Island who started out in politics by running for
town council in Freeport, a town with a number of very good outlet malls. Since
joining the Maine House eight years ago, Gideon has sponsored bills to expand
access to abortion and supported the state’s uphill battle to expand Medicaid.
She’s making heathcare a central issue of her campaign, right next to absolutely
wasting Susan Collins. In fact, Gideon became the first 2020 Senate candidate to
collect enough signatures to qualify for the ballot a few days ago. She also
happens to also own a jean jacket, which as a voter I tend to consider a sign of
pragmatism and humility. In any case, she’s not Susan fucking Collins. I’m with
Gideon, as you should also probably be.