Barbra Streisand says no #MeToo moment marred her life
2018-03-18 17:14:45 UTC
https://pagesix.com/2018/03/18/barbra-streisand-says-no-metoo-moment-marred-her-life/

Barbra Streisand said she’s never suffered sexual harassment but has felt abused
by the media.

During a tribute to Streisand’s decades of TV music specials and other programs,
producer and long-time admirer Ryan Murphy queried her about her career, the
#MeToo movement and her aversion to interviews.

“Never,” she replied when asked if she had been sexually mistreated. “I wasn’t
like those pretty girls with those nice little noses. Maybe that’s why.”

She acknowledged the power of protests against gender inequality sweeping
through Hollywood and society.

“We’re in a strange time now in terms of men and women and the pendulum swinging
this way and that way, and it’s going to have to come to the center,” Streisand
said during Friday’s Paley Center for Media event held at a packed theater.

Her reluctance to talk to news outlets is based on years of what she called
inaccurate reporting, including one story that claimed she has an “awards room”
at home dedicated to her Oscars, Emmys and other trophies. But it was the late
TV journalist Mike Wallace who came in for the sharpest criticism.

Streisand said that when she was a young star (and before Wallace joined “60
Minutes”), he asked her hurtful questions during a TV interview and she called
him afterward to complain. But on a subsequent show, Wallace told viewers who’d
objected to his treatment of Streisand that she “loved” the interview, according
to the star.

“I thought, I don’t know what date rape is, it’s terrible … but it was such a
violation,” she said. “Why lie?”

more at
https://pagesix.com/2018/03/18/barbra-streisand-says-no-metoo-moment-marred-her-life/

*
M.L.
2018-03-19 03:27:41 UTC
https://pagesix.com/2018/03/18/barbra-streisand-says-no-metoo-moment-marred-her-life/
Barbra Streisand said she’s never suffered sexual harassment but has felt abused
by the media.
“Never,” she replied when asked if she had been sexually mistreated. “I wasn’t
like those pretty girls with those nice little noses. Maybe that’s why.”
more at
https://pagesix.com/2018/03/18/barbra-streisand-says-no-metoo-moment-marred-her-life/
Her ex, Jon Peters said producer Ray Stark forced her to the casting
couch for Funny Girl. Not sure if he was referring to the play or the
movie. But she surely wouldn't have forgotten that incident. And
Peters would only have learned of the incident from her.