Lineswoman struck by Novak Djokovic ball receiving death threats
Leroy N. Soetoro
2020-09-12 20:09:01 UTC
https://nypost.com/2020/09/07/lineswoman-hit-by-djokovic-ball-getting-
death-threats/

The U.S. Open female line judge hit in the throat by Novak Djokovic’s
tennis ball took Labor Day off, according to a tennis source.

The injured lineswoman is Laura Clark of Owensboro, Ky., according to the
source. The incident caused the disqualification of Djokovic, who was the
heavy favorite — and top seed — to win the Open.

The USTA has been hesitant to release her name as trolls have sent death
threats and vile comments to her social media accounts.

Clark is resting comfortably at a hotel and is under observation by the
tournament doctor. She will return to work when she and the doctor deem it
appropriate, the source said.

Djokovic flicked a ball to the backcourt after losing the match’s 11th
game and it struck Clark, who crumpled to the court. Under Grand Slam
guidelines regarding “abuse of ball,” Djokovic was booted from the
tournament, with the action deemed “reckless.’’

“I’ve been through that myself. Honestly, I feel awful for him. I feel
terrible for everybody. Nobody wants to be in this situation,” said Denis
Shapovalov, who was booted in a 2017 Davis Cup match for accidentally
hitting a ball into a linesman’s eye.

“Just a fluke. It’s accidents like this that happen. Same thing with me.”

There are 74 line umpires at the Open — down from the usual amount. Due to
the pandemic, the outer courts are being governed by a chair umpire and an
electronic computer system called “Hawkeye Live’’ this year.

No. 2 seed Dominic Thiem of Austria had a surprisingly easy time with the
scorching young Canadian, Felix Auger-Aliassime 7-6, 6-1, 6-1 on Monday.
That pits him against another young gun, Australia’s Alex de Minaur, in
the quarterfinals.

“He’s definitely one of the fastest players on tour,’’ Thiem said. “ I
think that he also is moving not only super fast but also very accurate.
That’s what makes it even better, his movement.”

Serena Williams’ victory Monday gives the U.S. three women in the Open
quarterfinals. Jen Brady and Shelby Rogers are the others. Naomi Osaka is
also through to the quarters but despite her U.S. residence, she’s goes by
her Japanese/Haitian heritage. American Sofia Kenin, the 2020 Australian
Open champ, had a chance to join them Monday night but failed. She lost a
Round of 16 battle 6-1, 6-3 to No. 16 Elise Mertens of Belgium. The
Russian-born Kenin was outplayed by the steady Mertens, who had just seven
unforced errors.

truck.

of the Obama presidency.

queer liberal democrat donors.

President Trump has boosted the economy, reduced illegal immigration,
appointed dozens of judges and created jobs.

Senile loser and NAMBLA supporter Nancy Pelosi got "Trumped" on February
5, 2020. "President Trump, Not Guilty."
Miloch
2020-09-12 20:31:43 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
[...]
He deserved to get his ass kicked out!...the dumb Serb knows the rules.
Christ!....at Wimbledon, they won't even let ya on the court unless you're
wearing all white.

*
Whisper
2020-09-13 08:41:24 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
[...]
This rule needs to be modified so the punishment fits the crime.