Trump to hold 'fireside chat' a la FDR
2019-11-01 03:10:25 UTC
Trump: I’ll Read Ukraine Call Transcript Out Loud to Nation in Live ‘Fireside
Chat’

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-ill-read-ukraine-call-transcript-out-loud-to-nation-in-live-fireside-chat?ref=home

President Trump said Thursday that he would read the transcript of the July 25
phone call he had with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to the American
people “perhaps as a fireside chat on live television,” so that they would hear
that it was a “good call.” “This is over a phone call that is a good call,”
Trump told the Washington Examiner. “At some point, I’m going to sit down,
perhaps as a fireside chat on live television, and I will read the transcript of
the call, because people have to hear it. When you read it, it’s a straight
call.” The July 25 call is at the heart of the impeachment inquiry, which
entered a new stage as the House of Representatives voted to formalize the
process just hours before Trump’s comments.

Trump also told the Examiner he would not cooperate with the proceedings
following the House vote. “You are setting a terrible precedent for other
presidents,” he said after he was asked if he would honor document requests and
subpoenas.

more at
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/fireside-chat-on-live-television-trump-says-he-wants-to-read-transcript-of-ukraine-call-to-american-people

SNL thanks you for their next cold open.
Miloch
2019-11-01 15:51:42 UTC
In article <super70s-***@reader01.eternal-september.org>,
super70s says...
Post by super70s
Trump: I'll Read Ukraine Call Transcript Out Loud to Nation in Live Fireside
Chat
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-ill-read-ukraine-call-transcript-out
-loud-to-nation-in-live-fireside-chat?ref=home
President Trump said Thursday that he would read the transcript of the July
25 phone call he had with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to the
American people "perhaps as a fireside chat on live television, so that they
would hear that it was a "good call." "This is over a phone call that is a good call,"
Trump told the Washington Examiner. "At some point, I'm going to sit down,
perhaps as a fireside chat on live television, and I will read the transcript
of the call, because people have to hear it. When you read it, it's a straight
call."
SNL thanks you for their next cold open.
Trump's just clueless enough to think that FDR is Teddy Roosevelt and that his
fireside chat will be his 'rough rider' moment!!

*
moviePig
Wanna bet the transcript catches fire?
super70s
Sure and it will just happen to be the only original in existence. :)
Gronk
2019-11-16 05:47:23 UTC
Post by moviePig
Post by super70s
[...]
Like in the movie "Curse of the Demon"?

Rudy Canoza
Ha ha ha! That was great!
m***@hotmail.com
No really, they might try it!
m***@hotmail.com
2019-11-01 16:45:09 UTC
Trump: I'll Read Ukraine Call Transcript Out Loud to Nation in Live Fireside
Chat
What he is going to read is doctored bullshit, not the actual transcript,
but fucking morons like Hartung and Bit of Nothingness and "Gak" will
swallow it, the same as they swallow some of Trump's other emissions.
"Will you do me a favor"
-- DIRECT Trump quote