Trump Crashes Mar-a-Lago Wedding to Whine About Election Loss
2021-03-29 02:51:53 UTC
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-crashes-mar-a-lago-wedding-to-whine-about-2020-election-loss?ref=home?ref=home

Former President Donald Trump wandered into a wedding reception being held at
Mar-a-Lago but instead of toasting the happy couple proceeded to run through a
laundry list of his own personal grievances, according to a clip of the speech
obtained by TMZ. “Y’know, I just got, I turned off the news, I get all these
flash reports, and they’re telling me about the border, they’re telling me about
China, they’re telling me about Iran—how’re we doing with Iran, howdya like
that? Boy, they were ready to make a deal, they woulda done anything, they
woulda done anything, and this guy goes and drops the sanctions and then he
says, ‘We’d love to negotiate now,’ [and Iran says], ‘We’re not dealing with the
United States at all,’ oh, well, they don’t want to deal with us,” a tuxedoed
Trump said. “And China, the same thing, they never treated us that way, right?
You saw what happened a few days ago, was terrible, and uh, the border is not
good, the border is the worst anybody’s ever seen it, and what you see now,
multiply it times 10, Jim—he’s the only one I know who would handle the border
tougher than me. We have to, and the tough is... in the most humanitarian way,
because that’s what it is. What’s happening to the kids, they’re living in
squalor, they are living like nobody has ever seen anybody, there’s never been
anything like what’s, and you’re gonna have hundreds, and you have it now, they
have the airplane photos, the shocks, and they call ’em shocks, and these things
are showing thousands and thousands of people coming up from South America and
it’s gonna be, it’s just uh, look, it’s a disaster. It’s a humanitarian disaster
from their standpoint, and it’s gonna destroy the country, and frankly, the
country can’t afford it because you’re talking about massive, just incredibly
massive amounts. Our school systems, our hospital systems, everything.”

Trump also displayed his continuing lack of understanding about the way the
American electoral system works, complaining about his loss to now-President Joe
Biden. “So it’s a rough thing, and I just say, ‘Do you miss me yet?’” he
continued. “We did get 75 million votes, nobody’s ever gotten that. They said,
‘Get 66 million votes, sir, and the election’s over.’ We got 75 million and they
said... but you know, you saw what happened, 10:30 in the evening, all of a
sudden I said, ‘That’s a strange thing, why are they closing up certain places,
right?’ Now, a lot of things happening right now, I just wanted to say, it’s an
honor to be here, it’s an honor to have you at Mar-a-Lago, you are a great and
beautiful couple.”

2021-03-30 03:20:40 UTC
[...]
Jaw-droppingly stupid and crass. However anyone who holds an event at
that place shouldn't be surprised some crazy guy is roaming the halls.
Miloch
2021-03-30 04:00:16 UTC
In article <super70s-***@reader02.eternal-september.org>,
super70s says...
[...]
Two words..."captive audience".

2021-03-30 12:59:32 UTC
Jaw-droppingly stupid and crass. However anyone who holds an event at
that place shouldn't be surprised some crazy guy is roaming the halls.
Two words..."captive audience".
And three more words, 'but not captivated.'

I get the picture of an old guy in a ratty bathrobe and slippers
stumbling around looking for anyone to talk at about the Good Old
Days and how he fought in the Big One.