Fox Business’ Stuart Varney Goes Full Orwellian By Claiming Trump Never Lies
2019-09-01 21:31:55 UTC
https://splinternews.com/fox-business-stuart-varney-goes-full-orwellian-by-clai-1837796250

Fox Business isn’t really the kind of place one would go to be intellectually
stimulated, but regardless, the network’s Stuart Varney said something so
ridiculous the other day that it left even former Tea Party Republican and Trump
challenger Joe Walsh speechless.

Walsh, who recently announced he will primary Trump in 2020, was on Varney’s
show to complain about how much Trump lies, which is somewhere in the
neighborhood of 12,000 times since taking office. And the former Tea Party
lawmaker from Illinois, who used to claim that President Barack Obama is Muslim
and wasn’t born in the U.S., certainly knows a thing or two about lying.

I would assume that Varney is familiar with lies, too, because he works at Fox.
Nevertheless, he wasn’t letting on.

“I do believe we’ve never had a situation like this, where we have a president
who we fundamentally can’t believe,” Walsh said, truthfully. “I do believe he
lies virtually every time he opens mouth.” Accurate.

However, Varney was incredulous at this point and tried to put Walsh in his
place—or at least remind him how a good Republican is supposed to act—by
demanding an example of Trump telling a lie, which honestly, isn’t very hard to
do.

Walsh cited an example from members of Trump’s own staff, who acknowledged
earlier this week that the president had lied about nonexistent high-level phone
conversations with China about the trade war. Trump told this lie to manipulate
the markets, they said. Now, one might think that this type of lie might be of
some interest to a person that, I don’t know, hosts a show on a business
network. One would be wrong.

“No they didn’t. No. No,” Varney said, shaking his head in disbelief. “That’s
not a lie.”

What?

Varney demanded another example of Trump lying. Walsh responded by asking if
Varney believes that Trump lies.

“No.”

Double what?

“He exaggerates and spins,” Varney said. Ok. We’re moving the goal posts.

Walsh asked again: “Do you believe he’s ever told the American people a lie?”

Varney answered again: “No.”

You should watch Walsh’s reaction, because frankly, what else is he supposed to
do at that point:

As Eric Kleefeld of Media Matters for America pointed out, Varney also lied to
Walsh by telling him they had to end the segment because they had a hard
commercial break to do. And then Varney and his panel continued trashing Walsh
for another solid minute.

*
b***@gmail.com
Tsk.. tsk.. the well paid con.
Byker
2019-09-03 23:04:09 UTC
On Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 5:32:01 PM UTC-4, Moloch wrote in
And then Varney and his panel continued trashing Walsh for another solid
minute.
Good for him:

m***@hotmail.com
2019-09-04 16:17:41 UTC
And then Varney and his panel continued trashing Walsh
for another solid minute.
What would cause a business anchor Stuart Varney to trash someone on the air.