CNN's ratings FREE-FALL in Biden's first week; network's prime-time shows PLUMMET 44%
Add Reply
Beijing Biden
2021-02-03 08:44:07 UTC
By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Tuesday, February 2, 2021
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/feb/2/cnns-ratings-free-fall-in-bidens-first-week-networ/

CNN's first week in a post-Trump world was painful for its prime-time hosts.
Analysis by Variety of two key metrics raises ratings red flags for network bosses.
"Viewership data across two key metrics - the target news demographic for people ages
25-54, and the total audience watching - shows that CNN ended the final week of
January with ratings dropping roughly 44% for total audience versus the prior week
across all three hours of primetime," the entertainment magazine reported Monday.

CNN's "Cuomo Prime Time" metrics with viewers 25-54 fell "by more than half" (1.38
million to .45 in the key demographic).
The development appears to lend credence to predictions by journalist Megyn Kelly,
among many others, that former President Trump in many ways was a ratings life raft
for cable news pundits.

"They need him," Ms. Kelly said in November. "As long as he stays somewhat active,
[corporate media will] have a little bit more of a life span. But their ratings are
going to go down, I have very little doubt: Without Trump in the office every day,
there's no way, especially CNN and MSNBC, sustain the numbers they are getting."
A CNN representative declined to comment when contacted by Variety.
super70s
2021-02-03 14:34:51 UTC
By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Tuesday, February 2, 2021
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/feb/2/cnns-ratings-free-fall-
in-bidens-first-week-networ/
CNN's first week in a post-Trump world was painful for its prime-time hosts.
Analysis by Variety of two key metrics raises ratings red flags for network bosses.
"Viewership data across two key metrics - the target news demographic for
people ages 25-54, and the total audience watching - shows that CNN ended
the final week of January with ratings dropping roughly 44% for total audience
versus the prior week across all three hours of primetime," the entertainment
magazine reported Monday.
CNN's "Cuomo Prime Time" metrics with viewers 25-54 fell "by more than half"
(1.38 million to .45 in the key demographic).
The development appears to lend credence to predictions by journalist Megyn Kelly,
Calling that bimbo a "journalist" is being generous.
Post by Beijing Biden
among many others, that former President Trump in many ways was a ratings
life raft for cable news pundits.
"They need him," Ms. Kelly said in November. "As long as he stays somewhat
active, [corporate media will] have a little bit more of a life span. But their
ratings are going to go down, I have very little doubt: Without Trump in the
office every day, there's no way, especially CNN and MSNBC, sustain the
numbers they are getting."
I sure as hell don't need him or miss him, I wore the mute button out
with that braying jackass and I suspect millions of others did too.
Miloch
2021-02-03 15:57:28 UTC
In article <super70s-***@reader02.eternal-september.org>,
super70s says...
By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Tuesday, February 2, 2021
Post by Beijing Biden
A CNN representative declined to comment when contacted by Variety.
The Washington Times is owned/operated by the Moonie organization (by
Unification movement leader Sun Myung Moon)...right-wing conservative nutball.

*
trotsky
2021-02-03 16:27:00 UTC
super70s says...
By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Tuesday, February 2, 2021
Post by Beijing Biden
A CNN representative declined to comment when contacted by Variety.
The Washington Times is owned/operated by the Moonie organization (by
Unification movement leader Sun Myung Moon)...right-wing conservative nutball.
Meanwhile:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/media/fox-news-future-reliable-sources/index.html

'We are lost:' Fox News suffers ratings slump while staffers fret about
post-Trump future
Miloch
2021-02-03 17:16:58 UTC
Post by trotsky
Post by Miloch
super70s says...
By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Tuesday, February 2, 2021
Post by Beijing Biden
A CNN representative declined to comment when contacted by Variety.
The Washington Times is owned/operated by the Moonie organization (by
Unification movement leader Sun Myung Moon)...right-wing conservative nutball.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/media/fox-news-future-reliable-sources/index.html
'We are lost:' Fox News suffers ratings slump while staffers fret about
post-Trump future
MSNBC...Rachel Maddow!

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me