As MLK said..."Free at last...free at last...Thank God Almighty 'We're' free at last"
2020-11-07 17:04:40 UTC
...the EC count could go as high as 306...but I'll take anything at 270 or
better...

Now...what kind of crazy shit is the Trumperoonie gonna do from now until Jan
20?

*
Ted
2020-11-07 19:50:34 UTC
...the EC count could go as high as 306...but I'll take anything at 270 or
better...
Now...what kind of crazy shit is the Trumperoonie gonna do from now until Jan
20?
Yes, we are now indeed free! Well, some of us are ...

From WaPo:

"In 1988, then a senator from Delaware, Biden co-sponsored the
Anti-Drug Abuse Act. That measure created new mandatory minimum
sentences for drugs, and included a much-criticized sentencing rule
that effectively treated possession of crack cocaine much more
harshly than the possession of powder cocaine. Though the substances
are nearly chemically identical, crack cocaine was more likely to be
used by lower-income people, including blacks and Latinos, while
powdered cocaine was more popular with people who were affluent."

And in 1994, Biden led the effort to pass the crime bill that
resulted in the US having the highest prisoner/population ratio in
the world.

And our new VP, Kamala Harris, as DA, blocked all early release
efforts citing the negative economic effect they'd cause for
industries using inexpensive prison labor.

Yes, MLK would have been so proud! "Free at last"!!

Another victory for liberalism!