Kookyfornia radio station scraps 'Baby It's Cold Outside' ban after listener outcry
Leroy N. Soetoro
2018-12-23 23:53:44 UTC
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/radio-station-scraps-baby-its-cold-
outside-ban-after-listener-outcry

A California radio station has reversed its decision to stop playing “Baby
It's Cold Outside” over controversial lyrics in the age of the #MeToo
movement after the overwhelming majority of listeners said they opposed
the ban.

KOIT radio station Program Director Brian Figula said in a statement on
Monday that the reversal came after hearing out thousands of listeners and
concluding “that the vast majority consider the song to be a valuable part
of their holiday tradition, and they still want to hear it on the radio.”

The station polled the listeners, with more than three quarters saying
they oppose banning the song from the station’s daily playlist.

“KOIT's listeners have spoken, and the overwhelming message is they do
want to hear 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' on our station, as they have
throughout the years,” he said.

“More than seven out of every 10 listeners who responded said although
some lyrics of the song may reflect a different era and a different
sensibility than today, still they love the tradition and history of the
song, and want to hear it as part of their holiday season,” he added.

KOIT previously purged the song on Dec. 3 after receiving “complaints”
from listeners, who pointed out that the song contains troubling lyrics
and may send a wrong message about consent.

In the 1944 tune, written by Frank Loesser that has been covered by many
artists, a female sings: “I really can’t stay,” to which a man responds:
“But baby, it’s cold outside.”

In another part of a song, a woman is heard singing lines like “Say what's
in this drink?”, “The answer is no” and “I've gotta get home.”

The station’s initial move to scrap the song came after Cleveland station
WDOK removed the tune after one listener called in and suggested that it’s
not appropriate to play the 1940s classic in 2018.

“It wasn't really our decision,” WDOK host Desiray told Fox 8. “It's the
decision of our listeners.”

KOSI 101 in Denver also temporarily scrapped the song, but listeners
overwhelmingly voted against the plan to permanently ban the song. The
station said that the poll, which attracted about 15,000 responses,
“showed overwhelmingly that KOSI 101.1 listeners were in favor of the
holiday classic returning to the air.”

“Respondents voted 95 percent in favor of us keeping the song as part of
KOSI 101.1’s tradition of playing all of your holiday favorites,” KOSI
101.1 program director, Jim Lawson, said. “While we are sensitive to those
who may be upset by some of the lyrics, the majority of our listeners have
expressed their interpretation of the song to be non-offensive.”

The controversy over the song prompted Dean Martin’s daughter to announce
that she will continue singing the classic in front of audiences.

Deana Martin appeared on “Fox & Friends” Monday, criticizing the attempts
to ban the song, which her father so famously performed.

“I was absolutely flabbergasted,” she said. “It’s just insane. When I
heard it, I said, ‘This can’t possibly be.’ You know, it’s a sweet,
flirty, fun holiday song that’s been around for 40 years for my dad. He
did it in ’59. But when I saw it, I tweeted, ‘I think this is crazy. What
do you think?’ And then all of a sudden, it went viral.”

“I know my dad would be going insane right now,” she said of the
controversy. “He would say, ‘What’s the matter with you? Get over it. It’s
just a fun song.’ 'Cause he was so sweet anyway. … He was a great guy. Fun
guy. Nice. And he wouldn’t want to do anything offensive. That wasn’t Dean
Martin. So this has just been outrageous.”
truck.

of the Obama presidency.

The World According To Garp.

ObamaCare is a total 100% failure and no lie that can be put forth by its
supporters can dispute that.

Obama jobs, the result of ObamaCare. 12-15 working hours a week at minimum
wage, no benefits and the primary revenue stream for ObamaCare. It can't
be funded with money people don't have, yet liberals lie about how great
it is.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he was in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood queer
liberal democrat donors.
Miloch
2018-12-24 00:44:18 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/radio-station-scraps-baby-its-cold-
outside-ban-after-listener-outcry
A California radio station has reversed its decision to stop playing “Baby
It's Cold Outside” over controversial lyrics in the age of the #MeToo
movement after the overwhelming majority of listeners said they opposed
the ban.
Dunno...the song sounds seditious to me...better play it safe and keep it
banned...'cause you...commies

go Warriors!