'Breathtaking' interviews show Trump was 'impervious' to pleas to take pandemic seriously: NYT's Haberman...
2021-03-29 15:43:33 UTC
https://www.rawstory.com/cnn-special/

New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman on Monday described recent CNN
interviews with former Trump public health officials as "breathtaking," and said
it showed how many of them were frustrated by their inability to get former
President Donald Trump to take the coronavirus pandemic seriously.

While appearing on CNN, Haberman said that Dr. Deborah Birx and other former
Trump health officials were now speaking freely after being muzzled for much of
the past year.

"I think they wanted to peel off the muzzle," she said. "I think it spoke to
their frustration about what happened, spoke to their feelings on their own
part, could they have done more, was there something else that could have been
done... It's breathtaking how quickly this happened."

Haberman was asked why Birx stayed on the job if she felt she wasn't being
listened to about a deadly pandemic that has killed more than half a million
Americans in the last year.

"She believed she could make a difference, that's why she went to the White
House," Haberman explained. "I think they all learned, one after the other, that
none of them was going to change former President Trump. And I think that
because they had never met him previously... they underestimated how impervious
he is to efforts to change him."

*
Ted
2021-03-30 06:27:50 UTC
https://www.rawstory.com/cnn-special/
http://youtu.be/wxdIHgRPswI
Post by Miloch
because they had never met him previously... they underestimated how impervious
he is to efforts to change him."
It cost him the election.