Trump: A Category 5 Hurricane? I Don't Know Her
2019-09-02 20:41:31 UTC
https://theslot.jezebel.com/trump-a-category-5-hurricane-i-dont-know-her-1837817419?_ga=2.186272041.1649397773.1566776315-1262334534.1542499850

Donald Trump, a man who has been President of the United States during several
Category 5 hurricanes, is not sure he’s ever heard of one.

“I’m not sure that I’ve ever even heard of a Category 5,” CNN reports Trump
said, at a FEMA briefing re: Hurricane Dorian (which has just been downgraded to
a very strong a Category 4 hurricane, but not before hitting Grand Bahama Island
at full 5 strength) on Sunday. “I knew it existed,” (well, good), “And I’ve seen
some Category 4's. But a Category 5 is something that — I don’t know that I’ve
ever even heard the term other than I know it’s there.”

It’s unfortunate that Trump’s never heard the term, considering he’s been in the
Oval Office for not one, not two, not three, but a total of FOUR Category 5
hurricanes—Irma, Maria, Michael, and now Dorian. One would hope he’d remember at
least one of those (like maybe the one he spent a year tweeting about), but I
guess it’s hard for him to remember stuff if Fox News isn’t whispering it
directly into his ear every night.

In fact, it turns out Trump has repeatedly forgotten about Category 5
hurricanes, and, like Drew Barrymore in the acclaimed cinematic picture 50 First
Dates, has to be reminded constantly that they exist and also that he is
responsible for allocating federal aid to those affected by them:

Incredible.

Category 5 hurricanes are, per Trump’s own words, “big stuff,” and the damage
Dorian’s wreaked in the Bahamas is extremely devastating. Dorian’s still
churning over Grand Bahama Island, now at a Category 4, and could pass by
Florida somewhere between a Category 3 or 4 hurricane tonight, making its way up
the coast to the Carolinas at a Category 2. Someone tell Trump to make sure he
has enough paper towels for everyone.

2019-09-02 22:40:42 UTC
https://theslot.jezebel.com/trump-a-category-5-hurricane-i-dont-know-
her-1837817419?_ga=2.186272041.1649397773.1566776315-
1262334534.1542499850
Donald Trump, a man who has been President of the United States during
several Category 5 hurricanes, is not sure he's ever heard of one.
"I'm not sure that Ive ever even heard of a Category 5," CNN reports Trump
said, at a FEMA briefing re: Hurricane Dorian (which has just been downgraded
to a very strong a Category 4 hurricane, but not before hitting Grand Bahama
Island at full 5 strength) on Sunday. "I knew it existed," (well, good), "And I've
seen some Category 4's. But a Category 5 is something that...I don't know
that I've ever even heard the term other than I know it's there."
LOL, what a blithering idiot.