Jennifer Hudson gets real about prejudice and women taking a stand
2018-01-05 16:53:07 UTC
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/entertainment/a14538833/jennifer-hudson-racism-prejudice-weinstein/

Jennifer Hudson is on the cover of February’s Cosmopolitan UK and tells the
magazine that despite her tremendous fame, success, and wealth, she’s still
frequently treated like someone who couldn’t possibly have access to the finer
things in life.

Says Hudson:

“There have been several situations where I get on a plane and [the air steward]
assumes that I’m [meant to be] in the back of the plane. That happens a lot. I’m
like ‘No, my seat is up there [in first class], thank you’.

[...]

“People also assume that my home belongs to my white driver, Charles. One time,
I was having something moved into my house and they wanted to know where to put
it. I said, ‘There.’ [The removal man] just stood there. When Charles came in,
he asked him, ‘So where would you like these things?’ Charles said, ‘She said
she wanted it right there. You’re talking to the wrong person.”

“I defy all the odds being African American, living in a wealthy neighborhood
and being a working mom,” she adds. “It’s so ignorant. Race is just one of them.
I face them all.”

*
M.L.
2018-01-07 09:36:34 UTC
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/entertainment/a14538833/jennifer-hudson-racism-prejudice-weinstein/
“I defy all the odds being African American, living in a wealthy neighborhood
and being a working mom,” she adds. “It’s so ignorant. Race is just one of them.
I face them all.”
Stop whining. You have it far better than most people, period.