Meadows blames senile loon Pelosi 'fantasy objection' for impasse on coronavirus relief talks
Add Reply
Leroy N. Soetoro
2020-09-06 19:08:00 UTC
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/514348-meadows-blames-pelosi-
fantasy-objection-for-impasse-on-coronavirus

White House chief of staff Mark Meadows blamed stalled negotiations over
the future of a second coronavirus relief package on a "fantasy objection"
from Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who he said would not explain what
her version of a stimulus package would fund.

In an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday, Meadows attacked
the House leader over her unwillingness to come down from a demand that
Republicans support a $2.2 trillion bill for the second round of economic
stimulus in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Pelosi and House Democrats have noted that the offer is lower than their
original plan for a second round of stimulus, the $3.4 trillion HEROES
Act.

"I had a conversation with Speaker Pelosi. And even on her $2.2 trillion
counter offer, she can't tell the American people, nor me, what is in
that," Meadows said.

"She puts forth a number, suggests that she came down, and yet she's
willing to turn down $1.3 trillion of help that goes to the American
people because she would rather them have nothing than to give way on what
... her fantasy objection might be," he continued."

He went on to suggest that Pelosi claimed she would "fill in the blanks"
during a conversation between the two when Meadows asked what the $2.2
trillion counter-offer would fund compared to the $1 trillion Heals Act,
which Senate Republicans have proposed.

"I said,'What does the $2.2 trillion represent?'" Meadows told host Chuck
Todd, quoting himself during a recent phone call with the speaker. "You
know what her response was? 'I'm not going to tell you. Let me fill in the
blanks.' That's not a proper negotiation, or not is it anything that the
American people accept."

A representative for the speaker called these comments misleading,
contending that Meadows himself had refused to break down the costs of his
own offer during Thursday's conversation in a phone call with The Hill,
and said that the point of Thursday's call was to determine whether
Republicans had budged from their own offer of $1 trillion.

The House speaker addressed her conversation with Meadows during a press
conference Thursday, telling reporters at the time that Democrats would
not be making further concessions after lowering the cost of their offer
by more than a trillion dollars.

“We have said again and again that we are willing to come down [and] meet
them in the middle,” she told reporters. “That would be $2.2 trillion.
When they’re ready to do that, we’ll be ready to discuss and negotiate. I
did not get that impression on that call.”

“They have to move. They have to move. Why should there be a bill that has
far less than what the public needs. We have that responsibility, and
they're just going to have to come up with more money,” she added.

Updated at 5:30 p.m.

truck.

of the Obama presidency.

queer liberal democrat donors.

President Trump has boosted the economy, reduced illegal immigration,
appointed dozens of judges and created jobs.

Senile loser and NAMBLA supporter Nancy Pelosi got "Trumped" on February
5, 2020. "President Trump, Not Guilty."
BeamMeUpScotty
2020-09-06 22:25:07 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
[...]
Democrat have been sabotaging the Government for Decades.
--
*That's Karma*

Mass mail ballots turn your precious voting RIGHT into cheap and
worthless JUNK MAIL.
Natural Handcrafted Soap
2020-09-07 17:20:09 UTC
Coronavirus advise handwashing with natural soap
www.naturalhandcraftedsoap.com