Heh...Trump says he is '100%' thinking of running in 2024
2021-04-29 16:19:47 UTC
...and could tap DeSantis as his running mate (but what if the Florida governor
fancies his own run?!)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9525767/Trump-100-thinking-running-president-2024-tap-Ron-DeSantis-running-mate.html

*Former President Donald Trump said Thursday he is considering running in 2024

*'The polls show that everybody wants me to do it,' he told Fox News. '100 per
cent I'm thinking about running and we will, I think, be very successful'

*Also said he is considering tapping Florida's Republican governor Ron DeSantis
as his running mate should he launch a bid

*Wednesday report revealed Trump is preparing to restart his MAGA rallies as
early as May

*He also told the Dan Bongino Show on Wednesday that if he runs for president
he'd wait unril after the 2022 midterms to announce a bid

Donald Trump said Thursday he is '100 per cent' considering running for
president in 2024 as he previewed he could tap Florida Governor Ron DeSantis as
his running mate this time around.

'Are you thinking about running again, Mr. President, in 2024?' Fox Business'
Maria Bartiromo asked Trump in a call-in interview Thursday morning.

'Yes, 100 per cent,' he quickly replied.

'And the polls show that everybody wants me to do it,' he added. '100 per cent
I'm thinking about running and we will, I think, be very successful.'

When asked if Trump would consider running with DeSantis, he gave a glowing
assessment of the Republican governor of Florida, where the former president now
resides.

'Well he's a friend of mine,' Trump said. 'I endorsed Ron and after I endorsed
him he took off as a rocket ship, he's done a great job as governor.'

'A lot of people like that – you know, I'm just saying what I read and what you
read – they love that ticket. But certainly Ron would be considered, he's a
great guy,' the former president said.

Picking DeSantis as his running mate could be a tactical move to get a potential
challenger out of the way as rumors swirl the governor is considering launching
a bid himself for the White House.

Trump, a Wednesday report revealed, is preparing to restart his MAGA rallies.

He also said Wednesday in a podcast interview that he will announce if he is
running for president again after the 2022 midterm races.

CNN reported Wednesday that Trump had initiated discussions with his advisers
about restarting the rallies on behalf of Republican candidates he's endorsed.

The massive events could resume as early as May – despite the prevailing threat
of coronavirus.

During a podcast taping for the Dan Bongino show, Trump said the 'appropriate
time' to announce a third presidential run would be after next year's midterm
election, as he also slammed a potential GOP primary rival, Maryland Gov. Larry
Hogan, calling him a 'total loser.'

'So I'm giving it very serious consideration,' Trump said of another
presidential run.

He said the polls in his favor were 'very positive.'

'Nobody's seen anything more positive,' he continued.

An NBC News poll this week showed Trump's grip on the Republican Party loosening
and his favorables dipping down, receiving good marks from 32 per cent of
American adults.

'If you do it, I think probably the most appropriate time would be right after
the '22 election, that's my opinion. Could do it sooner, but I think right after
the election would be good, especially if you have a good election,' the
ex-president said.

As he asked Trump about running again, Bongino had floated Trump picking a vice
president early, but Trump seemingly ignored that piece of the question.

'Now I'm not sure if you didn't have a good election, I'm not sure that that
wouldn't be good also, if you want to know the truth,' Trump added, suggesting
if Republicans underperform in the midterms - when historically they should do
well - he could swoop in to help rebuild.

Bongino tried to ask Trump what post-White House life has been like, but Trump,
instead, talked about the potency of his endorsement.

'It's a different kind of life, but still very political because of the
endorsements. Everyone comes and they all want the endorsement, more than
they've ever wanted an endorsement. It's never been an endorsement that's meant
so much, which is an honor to me,' Trump said. 'It means victory.'

CNN had more details on Trump's day-to-day, reporting that he's spent most of
the nearly 100 days out of office at his golf course in West Palm Beach, just
down the road from his Mar-a-Lago residence.

On Mondays and Tuesdays, however, he takes a break from hitting the links to
speak with aides about the week ahead, including which Republican candidates he
will meet with and whether they are worthy of his endorsement.

Trump has converted the bridal suite above his Mar-a-Lago resort's massive
20,000 square-foot ballroom into his post-presidency office.

He also spends time sending out emails almost daily – the more formal ones from
the 'Office of the 45th President' and, more often, blasts out Trump-esque
ramblings from his 'Save America' political action committee account.

The rallies would be one way to keep his base enthused as Trump tries on the
role of GOP kingmaker.

Trump's 'Make America Great Again' rallies were the flagship of his 2016
campaign and continued through his term as president. They became key to his
political movement and success with the far-right.

Thousands of cheering, riled up supporters would show up to Trump's rallies,
even in the era of coronavirus.

He has not held any such events since after his farewell address at the Joint
Base Andrews hangar on January 20 before he boarded Air Force One for the last
time en route to West Palm Beach.

'It will definitely be different in terms of the setup, but we got really good
at planning these events in 2020, so we will probably use a lot of those same
vendors again,' a person close to Trump's post-White House operation told CNN.

He's already vowed to travel to Alaska to campaign against Republican Sen. Lisa
Murkowski, who is up for re-election in 2022.

Murkowski was one of the seven GOP senators who voted to convict Trump in his
second impeachment trial, which was conducted after the former president left
office.

During his interview with Bongino, Trump also mouthed off about Hogan, another
member of his party.

'This guy, I've been watching him, he's a total loser. He hasn't been a good
governor,' Trump said. 'I think he wants to run. I think I would give him less
than a zero per cent chance, OK?'

Hogan came up as Trump defended his record on leading the country through the
first year of the coronavirus pandemic.

'On tape those governors said the best things about me that you'll ever hear,
the best things about me - 'what a job you're doing, thank you so much, great,
great, great' - and then you'll see one of the Democrats and sometimes a RINO
like from Maryland who's a total RINO, you'll see him going off,' Trump told
Bongino. 'We have them on tape saying the best things about your favorite
president, Dan, that you've ever heard.'

Hogan publicly complained about the Trump administration's efforts - which often
left the states fighting for personal protective equipment and COVID-19 tests.

Trump also politicized mask-wearing and shutdowns and didn't publicly receive
doses of the vaccine.

Throughout his interview with Bongino, Trump continued to falsely claim he was
the winner of the 2020 election - and continued to point fingers at the Food and
Drug Administration and Pfizer for not releasing positive news about Pfizer's
now FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine until after the race concluded and now
President Joe Biden was determined the winner.

'This is a very unusual group of people over there,' he said of those working
for the FDA.

Trump said that while someone pointed out that the good vaccine news might have
swayed the election in his favor, 'I said no, I won the election anyway. I ran
two elections I won them both, as far as I'm concerned, and we'll see about a
third.'

'I will say you would have never, ever had a vaccine in nine months if I weren't
president,' Trump said.

'One thing I will say, I believe that if the vaccine came out before the
election the press would have made a very small deal about it,' he continued.
'When it came out two days after the election the press made it like the biggest
story ever.'

Trump also agreed with Bongino's assessment that his face would be added to
Mount Rushmore if he'd simply been a Democrat.

'I know, I know - yeah, I would have,' the ex-president said.

2021-05-03 13:48:25 UTC
...and could tap DeSantis as his running mate (but what if the Florida
governor fancies his own run?!)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9525767/Trump-100-thinking-
running-president-2024-tap-Ron-DeSantis-running-mate.html
*Former President Donald Trump said Thursday he is considering running in 2024
*'The polls show that everybody wants me to do it,' he told Fox News. '100
per cent I'm thinking about running and we will, I think, be very successful'
*Also said he is considering tapping Florida's Republican governor Ron
DeSantis as his running mate should he launch a bid
*Wednesday report revealed Trump is preparing to restart his MAGA rallies
as early as May
*He also told the Dan Bongino Show on Wednesday that if he runs for
president he'd wait unril after the 2022 midterms to announce a bid
I'm just glad "King Midas In Reverse" Trump is slowly but surely
destroying the Republican party, however unintentional. A corrupt,
racist and ideologically bankrupt party that has zero value even as the
"loyal opposition" and needs to go the way of the Whigs and Know
Nothings.
Miloch
2021-05-03 15:08:59 UTC
In article <super70s-***@reader02.eternal-september.org>,
super70s says...
[...]
He will always have his supporters who are convinced the election was 'stolen'
by a "Deep State" cabal of Democratic plotters...

2021-05-03 15:26:32 UTC
Running? Shambling, maybe. Whilst gasping for air.