Accused Mexican 'Make America Great Again' hat thief could face jail time
Stealing Is Stealing-Jail The Beaner
2019-07-24 14:25:35 UTC
A University of California, Riverside student could face jail
time after she was seen in a now-viral video appearing to swipe
a "Make America Great Again" hat from a fellow Highlander.

Edith Macias allegedly snatched Matthew Vitale’s MAGA hat before
going on a bizarre, profanity-laced tirade in the video, shot by
Vitale.

The Riverside County District Attorney’s Office told Fox News
that, if convicted, Macias faced a maximum sentence of up to one
year in county jail.

“I’m very excited that the DA’s office took it seriously,”
Vitale told Fox News. “We can’t thank UCPD enough.”

According to the criminal complaint, Macias is being charged
with a misdemeanor offense of petty theft in the Sept. 27
incident. A spokesman for the DA’s office said the next court
date is set for March.

Vitale, a member of the UC Riverside Republicans, pressed
charges after the incident, in which he said Macias stole his
pro-Trump hat off his head during a campus meeting and refused
to give it back -- before two police officers responded to the
scene and intervened.

According to the arrest warrant, Macias told one of the officers
she wanted to burn the MAGA hat because she believed the words
“Make America Great Again” represented the “genocide of a bunch
of people.”

The police officers were able to review video from both Macias’
and Vitale’s Facebook pages, which appeared to showed Macias
physically removing the hat from Vitale’s head and running away
with it, then repeatedly refusing to return in. Vitale
eventually got his hat back -- after Macias is seen in the video
giving it to university staff who then turn the hat over to its
owner.

CALIFORNIA STUDENT STEALS ‘MAGA’ HAT, PLEADS FOR WEARER TO BE
PUNISHED IN BIZARRE RANT

Vitale said he was “disappointed” after University Chancellor
Kim A. Wilcox issued a diplomatic statement noting that,
“coequal to our dedication to mutual respect, is our commitment
to free speech and the free exchange of ideas.”

“I get the feeling that the school didn’t take it very
seriously,” Vitale said.

Inspired by the incident, Vitale and other College Republicans
in Southern California started instituting "MAGA Mondays," in
which they proudly display their Trump gear on campus --
including the same hat Macias allegedly stole.

MAGA hat
Matthew Vitale, the Deputy Southern Region Vice Chair of the
California College Republicans, participates in MAGA Monday on
campus. (Courtesy of Matthew Vitale)

“I do, very proudly, wear my MAGA hat,” Vitale said, though he
added it was never about the $25 ball cap.

“I’m not doing this to be punitive or see her rot in jail,” he
said. “I want people my age to realize that things like this
aren’t tolerated in America. We just want to have our rights
guaranteed and that’s what it’s all about.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/22/accused-make-america-great-
again-hat-thief-could-face-jail-time.html

anim8rfsk
2019-07-24 16:22:39 UTC
She needs to die in prison.
--