James Bond Flick No Time to Die Delayed Over Coronavirus
2020-03-05 16:44:29 UTC
more at https://www.wired.com/story/james-bond-postponed-coronavirus/

Coronavirus Is Hitting Hollywood Hard

Earlier this week we reported that James Bond fans had posted an open letter to
the companies behind No Time to Die asking them to push back the release date
for the film because of the ongoing coronavirus outbreak. Yesterday, they did.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the release date for the 25th Bond film,
originally scheduled for April 10, will now be November 25 in the US. That makes
No Time to Die the first major movie tentpole to change its release plans
because of the new coronavirus, but chances are it won’t be the last. Globally,
the film industry is looking to lose $5 billion due to closed theaters in places
like China, where the virus has taken a massive toll. If delays like this
continue, the box office will no doubt continue to suffer.

Lots of Companies Are Pulling Out of SXSW

Speaking of the coronavirus, it’s also—as we’ve reported here—taking a toll on
upcoming conferences. As companies are starting to advise employees against
unnecessary travel and pull out of conventions and conferences out of concern
for their health, events like the Game Developers Conference, Facebook’s F8
conference, and Google I/O have been postponed. So far, the upcoming South By
Southwest conference is still happening, but many companies are opting out of
their previously-scheduled involvement, including Facebook, Twitter, Vevo, and
TikTok. This week, Amazon Studios joined the list. More are surely soon to
follow.

2020-03-05 21:34:38 UTC
[...]
Seven months and two weeks?? Sheesh if it lasts that long there won't
be anyone left to go to the movies.
follow.
alvey
2020-03-05 22:14:59 UTC
[...]
I suspect that this pandemic is going to speed up the shrinking of cinema.

Wonder how much a streaming company would pay for world wide rights?

alvey
2020-03-05 23:19:19 UTC
[...]
As long as it doesn't affect the production of porn, I'm OK with it...

*
The Horny Goat
2020-03-06 06:08:30 UTC
As long as it doesn't affect the production of porn, I'm OK with it...
I'm pretty sure THAT's not one of the ways to catch it!