What's a 'lame duck' President do after a gut-wrenching embarrassing reelection loss?...play golf!!!
2020-11-07 17:17:07 UTC
Trump says he won the election 'by a lot' as he breaks cover to play golf after
launching new barrage of unfounded claims that 'tens of thousands' of votes were
'illegal'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8924181/Trump-launches-new-barrage-unfounded-claims-election-fraud.html

*The US Presidential Election was called for Joe Biden by multiple news networks
and the AP on Saturday

*President Trump tweeted a range of claims on Saturday morning alleging that
ballots had been cast illegally

*He claimed 'tens of thousands' had arrived in the mail after 8pm on election
day and that 'hundreds of thousands' more were counted out of view, which
renders them illegal

*Trump also said his fans were stopped from being able to watch the count,
despite chanting 'stop the count!'

*Overnight, Trump was urged to concede by The Wall St Journal and Fox News host
Laura Ingraham prepared her viewers for him losing

President Trump broke cover on Saturday morning to play golf after firing off a
barrage of angry tweets as Joe Biden edged closer to White House victory, making
a series of unfounded claims including that tens of thousands of mail-in votes
had been 'illegally' cast because they arrived after 8pm on election day,
hundreds of thousands more should not be considered because they were not
observed being counted and that he had won 'by a lot'.

The election was called for Biden by multiple news networks and the Associated
Press at 11.25am on Saturday morning after his lead in Pennsylvania grew to more
than 30,000.

Trump, refusing to accept that the results so far have been legitimate, has
vowed to contest them.

On Saturday morning he tweeted that his supporters have been banned from
observing vote counting in some of the key swing states despite shouting 'stop
the count!' and that officials had been 'covering windows' to block their views
and forbidding them from overseeing the process.

He also promised a 'big' press conference in Philadelphia, where vote counting
continues, where he said his lawyers would be present, then was seen leaving the
White House in casual dress.

While in the car, he tweeted a link to a Breitbart story about a 'glitch' in
vote counting software, then said: 'I WON THIS ELECTION BY A LOT!'. He was seen
arriving at his golf club in Sterling, Virginia, shortly afterwards.

Trump has not yet offered any proof of his claims. His campaign has vowed to
file lawsuits in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan and Nevada to argue that the
results cannot be trusted, and he is demanding a recount in Wisconsin.

Overnight, faith among Trump's allies seemed to dwindle and calls for him to
concede the race mounted.

Fox News host Laura Ingraham prepared viewers for the likelihood that he had
lost.

She said: 'For now, it’s time to take our gains, learned from our defeats, and
confidently expand one of the greatest political movements for the past 100
years,' she said.

She said a Trump defeat did not mean that the 'America First movement' was over,
but that 'President Trump’s legacy will only become more significant if he
focuses on moving the country forward'.

Trump tweeted again on Saturday morning claiming the election had been
fraudulent and that he'd won 'by a lot'

Donald Trump Jr., who earlier in the week told his father to 'fight until the
death' and urged their fans not to give up at a rally, posted a photograph of
the pair on Instagram in the Oval Office, which he captioned: 'Thanks for always
fighting so hard for America dad, it’s an honor to be in that fight with you.'

It was a softened tone from the angry rally where he said America had turned
into a 'banana republic' that had to be reclaimed.

The Wall Street Journal - which, like Fox, is owned by Rupert Murdoch -
published an op-ed from its editorial board urging Trump to concede.

'If Mr. Biden has 270 Electoral College votes at the end of the counting and
litigation, President Trump will have a decision to make.

'We hope in that event he would concede gracefully,' they said.

As it stands:

Biden is just 17 electoral votes shy of winning the presidency, meaning he could
be declared winner in one of two ways.
If he wins Pennsylvania, he gains 20 votes and no longer needs either Arizona or
Nevada. But if he wins Arizona - which has 11 electoral college votes - and
Nevada - which has 6 - he no longer needs Pennsylvania.
It is likely Biden could win as soon as Pennsylvania is called, where he
currently leads Trump by more than 28,000 votes.
He has a 0.4% lead with 49.6% of the state's total vote, compared to Trump's
49.2%. The Associated Press waits for a candidate to have a 0.5% lead to call a
race. Anything below that difference would require a recount, as per state law.
Biden gave a speech on Friday night in his home state of Delaware. He never
mentioned Trump directly but he presented a drastic change of tone, saying that
the 'purpose of our politics isn't total, unrelenting warfare.'

In its editorial board piece on Friday night, the Wall Street Journal said Trump
had 'accomplished a great deal' since 2015.

'He has accomplished a great deal since descending on that Trump Tower escalator
in 2015, including his historic first victory and a strong re-election
performance when he was supposed to lose in a rout. We’d hate to see that legacy
ruined by a refusal to accept the normal transfer of power.

'But if defeat comes, he will serve himself and his country best by honoring
America’s democratic traditions and leaving office with dignity.'

Trump has offered no indication that he plans to concede. He spent Friday
evening tweeting furiously to air a series of fraud conspiracies, and before
Biden began his address had tweeted: 'Joe Biden should not wrongfully claim the
office of the President. I could make that claim also. Legal proceedings are
just now beginning!'

Through the evening he shared attacks on Fox News calling Arizona early in the
race, claims that mail-in ballots postmarked after election day were counted and
suggestions that poll watchers were barred from watching counts.

In his Friday night speech, Biden urged patience but said he was confident he
would win.

Earlier, his campaign trolled President Trump as it became increasingly clear
that the Democratic nominee would be the next president of the United States.

'As we said on July 19th, the American people will decide this election. And the
United States government is perfect capable of escorting trespassers out of the
White House,' Biden campaign spokesman Andrew Bates said Friday.

In his address, Biden added: 'No, the purpose of our politics, the work of our
nation, isn't to fan the flames of conflict, but to solve problems, to guarantee
justice, to give everybody a fair shot and to improve the lives of our people.'

'We may be opponents – but we are not enemies. We are Americans,' he continued.
That didn't stop him from boasting about wins, however.

'One of the things I'm especially proud of is how well we've done all across
America,' he told a crowd of socially distanced reporters and staff. 'We are
going to be the first Democrat to win Arizona in 24 years. We are going to be
the first Democrat to win Georgia in 28 years.'

'And we re-built the Blue Wall in the middle of the country that crumbled just
four years ago: Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin.'

Biden did not answer questions on whether Trump, who said his opponent could not
'wrongfully claim the office of the president', should concede.

However, a spokesman for his campaign said: 'The United States Government is
perfectly capable of escorting trespassers out of the White House.'

Biden did indicate he expects a result in the presidential contest on Saturday.

'I hope to be talking to you tomorrow,' he said.

He counselled patience as the vote tally continues and anxious Americans wait to
learn who will be their next president.

'I know watching these vote tallies on TV moves very slow and does as low it
goes, it can be numbing. Never forget, the tallies aren't just numbers, they
were represent votes and voters. They exercised this fundamental right to have
their voice heard.

'What's becoming clearer each hour, is that record number of Americans of all
races, faiths, religions, chose change over more of the same. It given us a
mandate for action on COVID, the economy, climate change, systemic racism. They
made it clear, they want the country to come together, not continue to pull
apart. The people spoke,' he said.

Ironically, minutes after he finished speaking, it was revealed that the White
House chief of staff Mark Meadows has become the latest person there to test
positive for COVID-19.

Meadows, 61, was last in the White House on Thursday, CNN reported.

He would in theory be critical to a handover of power, but Biden indicated that
he and Harris have started the transition process without saying whether they
had received help from the Trump administration.

'We are not waiting to get the work done. We are starting the process,' he said.

And he vowed to bring the country together.

Biden said he believed people were sick of politics being so nasty.

'No matter who you voted for, I am certain of one thing: the vast majority of
those 150 million Americans who voted, they want to get the vitriol out of our
politics. We are not going to agree on a lot of issues, but at least we can
agree to be civil with one another. We have to put the anger and the
demonization behind us it's time for us to come together as a nation to heal.
It's not going to be easy, but we have to try.

'My responsibility as president will be to represent the whole nation and I want
you to know that I will work as hard for those who voted against me as those who
voted for me. That is the job. That is the job. It's called the duty of care for
all Americans,' he said.

Trump is yet to react to Biden's remarks, however he did fire off a series of
retweets on Twitter supporting his claims of voter fraud and cheating as his
opponent spoke.

Among the tweets was one by co-founder of Real Clear Politics Tom Bevan who
criticized Fox News's early call in Arizona, where Biden currently leads by a
slim margin.

Bevan called the move 'totally unnecessary' while pointing to how they waited
hours to make a call in Florida when Trump was up by three points.

Trump also retweeted a clip of Jim Jordan, the Ohio congressman who was
re-elected on Tuesday, who told Fox News' Sean Hannity that the situation was
'worse than we thought'.

Jordan said people in Pennsylvania were 'allowing votes to come in after the
day' - something which the courts ruled could happen, provided the ballots were
postmarked by election day.

He also railed at 'the transparency issue', claiming - without evidence - that
election monitors like Dave Bossie were being asked to leave.

'This is the first time in history that you have a party systematically set out
to win the election after the election, and it has to be stopped.'

Trump tweeted: 'Incredibly stated Jim!'

Earlier he also tweeted: 'I had such a big lead in all of these states late into
election night, only to see the leads miraculously disappear as the days went
by. Perhaps these leads will return as our legal proceedings move forward!'

*
d***@cox.net
2020-11-08 19:14:15 UTC
Trump says he won the election 'by a lot' as he breaks cover to play golf after
launching new barrage of unfounded claims that 'tens of thousands' of votes were
'illegal'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8924181/Trump-launches-new-barrage-unfounded-claims-election-fraud.html
*The US Presidential Election was called for Joe Biden by multiple news networks
and the AP on Saturday
They don't count, and does that sound familiar about the PA 'rats.
the dukester, American-American
Miloch
2020-11-08 19:34:26 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>, ***@cox.net
says...
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Miloch
Trump says he won the election 'by a lot' as he breaks cover to play golf after
launching new barrage of unfounded claims that 'tens of thousands' of votes were
'illegal'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8924181/Trump-launches-new-barrage-unfounded-claims-election-fraud.html
*The US Presidential Election was called for Joe Biden by multiple news networks
and the AP on Saturday
They don't count, and does that sound familiar about the PA 'rats.
You're like Drumpf...in denial stage...it's OK...Jan 20th will get here soon
enough...we can wait...and so far, Biden leads Drumpf in PA by 40,000 votes.

*
M I Wakefield
2020-11-08 21:50:04 UTC
says...
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Miloch
Trump says he won the election 'by a lot' as he breaks cover to play golf after
launching new barrage of unfounded claims that 'tens of thousands' of votes were
'illegal'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8924181/Trump-launches-new-barrage-unfounded-claims-election-fraud.html
*The US Presidential Election was called for Joe Biden by multiple news networks
and the AP on Saturday
They don't count, and does that sound familiar about the PA 'rats.
You're like Drumpf...in denial stage...it's OK...Jan 20th will get here soon
enough...we can wait...and so far, Biden leads Drumpf in PA by 40,000 votes.
And he's getting about 75% of the votes being counted.

Arizona is really the only state still in question.
d***@cox.net
2020-11-11 00:00:39 UTC
says...
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Miloch
Trump says he won the election 'by a lot' as he breaks cover to play golf after
launching new barrage of unfounded claims that 'tens of thousands' of votes were
'illegal'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8924181/Trump-launches-new-barrage-unfounded-claims-election-fraud.html
*The US Presidential Election was called for Joe Biden by multiple news networks
and the AP on Saturday
They don't count, and does that sound familiar about the PA 'rats.
You're like Drumpf...in denial stage...it's OK...Jan 20th will get here soon
enough...we can wait...and so far, Biden leads Drumpf in PA by 40,000 votes.
But will they be determined to be legal?
the dukester, American-American
M I Wakefield
Already done. Only legal voters got ballots.
d***@cox.net
2020-11-11 22:16:27 UTC
Post by M I Wakefield
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Miloch
says...
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Miloch
Trump says he won the election 'by a lot' as he breaks cover to play golf after
launching new barrage of unfounded claims that 'tens of thousands' of votes were
'illegal'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8924181/Trump-launches-new-barrage-unfounded-claims-election-fraud.html
*The US Presidential Election was called for Joe Biden by multiple news networks
and the AP on Saturday
They don't count, and does that sound familiar about the PA 'rats.
You're like Drumpf...in denial stage...it's OK...Jan 20th will get here soon
enough...we can wait...and so far, Biden leads Drumpf in PA by 40,000 votes.
But will they be determined to be legal?
the dukester, American-American
Already done. Only legal voters got ballots.
The evidence is coming out to the contrary. As long as he doesn't concede, and
evidence of wrong doing on the election is found evident, the election can be
set aside as null and void. THEN, the fun begins giving Trump a 2nd term.

And it's ALL constitutional.
the dukester, American-American
M I Wakefield
2020-11-11 23:02:00 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by M I Wakefield
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Miloch
says...
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Miloch
Trump says he won the election 'by a lot' as he breaks cover to play golf after
launching new barrage of unfounded claims that 'tens of thousands' of votes were
'illegal'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8924181/Trump-launches-new-barrage-unfounded-claims-election-fraud.html
*The US Presidential Election was called for Joe Biden by multiple news networks
and the AP on Saturday
They don't count, and does that sound familiar about the PA 'rats.
You're like Drumpf...in denial stage...it's OK...Jan 20th will get here soon
enough...we can wait...and so far, Biden leads Drumpf in PA by 40,000 votes.
But will they be determined to be legal?
the dukester, American-American
Already done. Only legal voters got ballots.
The evidence is coming out to the contrary.
If only anyone could cite any.
Post by d***@cox.net
As long as he doesn't concede, and
evidence of wrong doing on the election is found evident
Nothing yet. Anywhere.

Okay. Two votes in Nevada; in one case, it looks like a woman
accidently sent her late mother's ballot back instead of her own, and
the other case is being investigated.
Post by d***@cox.net
the election can be
set aside as null and void. THEN, the fun begins giving Trump a 2nd term.
Why is it the Republicans only scream about voter fraud when they
lose, and Black people voted?

M I Wakefield
2020-11-08 22:19:58 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Miloch
Trump says he won the election 'by a lot' as he breaks cover to play golf after
launching new barrage of unfounded claims that 'tens of thousands' of votes were
'illegal'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8924181/Trump-launches-new-barrage-unfounded-claims-election-fraud.html
*The US Presidential Election was called for Joe Biden by multiple news networks
and the AP on Saturday
They don't count, and does that sound familiar about the PA 'rats.
They're reporting on the people who do the counting.

"Donald Trump has been bullying science for the last seven months.
Well he’s about to get his ass handed to him by science‘s older
brother: math."
- Steve Hofstetter

Cry more.
d***@cox.net
2020-11-11 00:00:07 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Miloch
Trump says he won the election 'by a lot' as he breaks cover to play golf after
launching new barrage of unfounded claims that 'tens of thousands' of votes were
'illegal'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8924181/Trump-launches-new-barrage-unfounded-claims-election-fraud.html
*The US Presidential Election was called for Joe Biden by multiple news networks
and the AP on Saturday
They don't count, and does that sound familiar about the PA 'rats.
File the law suit and see.
the dukester, American-American