Ivanka Trump faces blowback for tweet on Jacksonville shooting
2018-08-28 02:03:12 UTC
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ivanka-trump-faces-blowback-for-tweet-on-jacksonville-shooting/ar-BBMvlif?li=BBnbcA1

President Trump's eldest daughter and White House adviser Ivanka Trump received
a rash of criticism from social media users after she posted a message of
sympathy to those impacted by a mass shooting in Jacksonville, Florida, on
Sunday.

Following reports that a shooting at a video game tournament left 2 dead and 11
others injured, Ivanka Trump tweeted, "As we await further details, our hearts
are with Jacksonville and all those affected by today's tragic mass shooting."
Some social media users responded by calling out the Trump daughter for standing
by her father's policies against gun control and support of the National Rifle
Association after yet another mass shooting in the United States.

"Your father is in bed with @NRA, he has removed barriers to mentally ill people
getting weapons, and unless the perpetrator is a person of color, he will not
give a damn. We have all the details we need," responded one Twitter user.

"After #Parkland you & your father had an opportunity to affect real change in
gun reform. Instead you chose the NRA. Your time in the White House is coming to
an end. You'll leave knowing when you had a chance to save children's lives, you
took the easy way out & stayed silent," added another.

Similar messages played out over the course of the evening as her tweet garnered
over 3,500 replies.

In the wake of last February's deadly shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High
School in Parkland, Florida, the Trump administration initially appeared open to
conversations on common sense gun reforms. In several "listening sessions" after
the shooting, Mr. Trump seemed to show support for proposals including
strengthening background checks, restricting access to weapons for the mentally
ill and raising the age for purchasing some firearms to 21. The president also
suggested a much different approach: allowing "trained" teachers to carry
concealed weapons on school property.

Just days later, the NRA said that during private meetings with Mr. Trump and
Vice President Mike Pence, the president expressed that he does not "want gun
control."

*
MaxxX
2018-08-28 02:13:44 UTC
Only criminals and idiots want to ban guns.
Carol Buckhorn
2018-08-28 02:29:34 UTC
Post by MaxxX
Only criminals and idiots want to ban guns.
More guns for everyone. Every country in the world has more guns than we
do. We live in a savage shit hole of a country and without guns, there's no
way to defend ourselves.

Trump's White House and Mar-a-Lago are gun free zones, just like Congress,
the Senate and the offices of the NRA.

Thanks to Trump and the NRA,swaggering around with a gun at the ready is
the only way to be safe in the USA these days. Dead innocent Americans
are the price of freedom.

Don't holster that sidearm because a bad guy might get the jump on you and
open fire before you can pull it out, take the safety off and shoot him.
Always sleep with one beside your bed and put one in the kids room too.

If you see a black man carrying a legal gun, get ready to shoot him anyway
because you know how blacks are when they have a gun.

I just want to know why, while the NRA supports the 2a, they don't include
explosives, RPGs, land mines, stinger AA missiles and hand grenades? Why
is it always about stupid little hand guns to them? Wayne and his buddy
are living high on the Hog from your NRA dues. They gotta eat fine,
have private planes and body guards you know.

I expect the NRA to annouce that since the spree shooters share our core
belief in the right to keep and bear arms while their lying, Demon gun
grabbing alleged victims do not, it's time for everyone to get with the
program and support spree shooters as much as we can.

Ted Nugent announced as much yesterday and we all do what he does because
he's smart.

The 2A has always been about shooting Americans on American soil. That's
why we're not allowed to take our guns outside of the country to shoot
anyone unless we join the military.

The rumors of leftist gun grabbers at American Thinker are true and this
means they are a disease that must be purged.

Mass shootings are a year-round sport in the good old USA and that's why
everybody wants to be an American.
Tommy
2018-08-28 12:58:54 UTC
Post by Carol Buckhorn
Post by MaxxX
[...]
Are you a Mixed Nuts clone?

NoBody
2018-08-28 11:03:44 UTC
[...]
So the real haters come out of the woodwork when a conservative dare
give condolences, eh?
Tommy