Texas Republican Threatens Beto O'Rourke's Life if He Tries to Take His AR-15
2019-09-13 14:45:56 UTC
https://splinternews.com/texas-republican-threatens-beto-orourkes-life-if-he-tri-1838091897

If Beto O’Rourke could be said to have had a decent showing in Thursday night’s
Democratic primary debate, it’s almost certainly in large part to O’Rourke’s vow
that if elected president, “hell yes” he would confiscate AR-15s and other
weapons of war.

Suffice it to say, O’Rourke’s pledge managed to trigger some of the exact people
who, based on their reactions, probably have no business owning military-grade
firearms in the first place. Take, for instance, Texas State Rep. Briscoe Cain,
a self-proclaimed “conservative Republican who supports limited government, less
regulation, increased transparency, the value of life, and traditional family
values.”

For Cain, valuing both life and traditional family values evidently means
threatening the life of a presidential candidate and former United States
congressman, which he did shortly after O’Rourke’s remarks.

As O’Rourke noted after Cain’s threat, this is exactly the sort of “from my cold
dead hands” gun-humping hysteria that proves how insane it is that people are
allowed to own these high-powered rifles at all.

Cain, in a masterful example of what a total Texas asshole he is, responded by
calling O’Rourke “a child.”

I should also mention that according to his House bio, Cain is currently a
captain in the Texas State Guard, which I assume probably have some thoughts
about whether their officers can and should threaten violence against
presidential candidates. I have reached out to the guard for any comment on
Cain’s remarks and to see whether they feel his threat warrants any disciplinary
action; I will update this post if they respond.

In the meantime, however, O’Rourke’s camp has reportedly referred Cain’s tweet
to the FBI.

*
Alan Smithee
2019-09-14 01:14:15 UTC
[...]
What did he say? I didn't read a threat... ???