Let's Debate: Are Democrats Doomed?
Add Reply
Leading From Behind
2020-12-31 23:26:00 UTC
Yes. They committed suicide.

There were a lot of good politicians on the debate stage in
Houston. But the night rang hollow as they clung to the old
conventions — the overcoached performances, the canned lines,
the pandering, the well-worn childhood anecdotes meant to
project “relatability.”
Sign Up for Debatable

Agree to disagree, or disagree better? We’ll help you understand
the sharpest arguments on the most pressing issues of the week,
from new and familiar voices.

Tactics superseded passion and vision. Everyone seemed one tick
off. Unlike with Barack Obama in 2008, none made you feel like
you wanted to pump your fist in the air and march into the
future behind them.

“Being a good politician doesn’t matter anymore,” lamented one
freaked-out congressional Democrat afterward. “It’s like being a
great used car salesman. We need a Holden Caulfield to call out
all the phonies.”

It’s a paradox wrapped in an oxymoron about a moron: Trump’s
faux-thenticity somehow makes the Democratic candidates seem
more packaged, more stuck in politician-speak.

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2019/09/lets-debate-
democrats-doomed/

Lame Duck Biden
2020-12-31 23:46:20 UTC
On Fri, 1 Jan 2021 00:26:00 +0100 (CET), "Leading From Behind"
Post by Leading From Behind
[...]
Biden's presidency is doomed. He's probably the first person to be elected
<wink> president who's a lame duck before he even steps foot in the White House.