Retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal hits Trump as immoral, dishonest
2018-12-30 22:08:20 UTC
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/30/politics/stanley-mcchrystal-trump-dishonest-immoral/index.html

(CNN) — Retired four-star Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal on Sunday criticized
President Donald Trump for his approach to the presidency in a wide-ranging
interview that saw the former top commander of the US and international forces
in Afghanistan label Trump as dishonest and immoral.

"I don't think he tells the truth," McChrystal told ABC's Martha Raddatz on
"This Week." When asked if he thought Trump was immoral, McChrystal responded:
"I think he is."

"What I would ask every American to do is again, stand in front of that mirror
and say, what are we about?," he continued. "Am I really willing to throw away
or ignore some of the things that people do that are pretty unacceptable
normally just because they accomplish certain other things that we might like.
If we want to be governed by someone we wouldn't do a business deal with because
they're their background is so shady, if we're willing to do that then that's in
conflict with who I think we are."

"And so I think it's necessary in those times to take a stand," he said.

McChrystal also reacted to James Mattis' resignation from the Trump
administration as Secretary of Defense earlier this month. Mattis wrote in his
resignation letter that Trump had the right to a Defense Secretary whose views
"better aligned" with the President's.

"If we have someone who is as selfless and as committed as Jim Mattis, resigns
his position walking away from all the responsibility he feels for every service
member in our forces and he does so in a public way like that, we ought to stop
and say okay, why did he do it?" McChrystal said. "We ought to ask what kind of
commander in chief he had that Jim Mattis that the good marine felt he had to
walk away."

After Mattis' resignation, Trump tweeted that the two had an "interesting
relationship" and that he gave Mattis "all the resources he never really had."

McChrystal resigned from his post under President Barack Obama in 2010 after he
mocked key administration officials in a Rolling Stone article.

*
raster
2018-12-30 22:18:20 UTC
This shows how classless this general is. Most military personal
will not stoop to the level of criticizing a president, no matter how
much they might disagree with him.
Miloch
2018-12-30 23:55:29 UTC
Post by raster
This shows how classless this general is. Most military personal
will not stoop to the level of criticizing a president, no matter how
much they might disagree with him.
Mmmmm...he's a civilian exercising his first amendment right!...and you have a
problem with that?

lemme remind ya of what your parents have said to ya..."you fuckin' dumbshit!"

*
raster
2018-12-31 02:56:44 UTC
lemme remind ya of what your parents have said to ya..."you fuckin' dumbshit!"
Careful, your true nature is showing.
None
2018-12-31 14:38:47 UTC
Post by raster
This shows how classless this general is. Most military personal
will not stoop to the level of criticizing a president, no matter how
much they might disagree with him.
Hummm, now the alt-right is against honesty, big surprise.

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand
by the president" - Theodore Roosevelt