Jet ski-winner Mark Bridges had the best Oscar night
2018-03-05 05:52:16 UTC
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/05/entertainment/jet-ski-winner-oscars-mark-bridges/index.html

(CNN) — "Phantom Thread" costume designer Mark Bridges pretty much had the best
time of anyone at the Academy Awards -- he won an Oscar and a jet ski in the
same night.

At the start of Sunday's show, host Jimmy Kimmel offered up a jet ski and a trip
to Lake Havasu in Arizona as a prize for the Oscar winner who gave the shortest
acceptance speech, an incentive for keeping their statements brief.

"I will be timing you. I have a stopwatch," Kimmel said.

The jet ski, Kimmel explained with help from Helen Mirren, who acted as the
Vanna White to his Pat Sajak, was worth almost $18,000.

Kimmel announced at the end of the night that Bridges had the shortest speech,
which clocked in around 30 seconds.

2018-03-05 23:21:48 UTC
At the start of Sunday's show, host Jimmy Kimmel offered up a jet ski and
a trip to Lake Havasu in Arizona as a prize for the Oscar winner who gave
the shortest acceptance speech, an incentive for keeping their statements
brief.
They were saying "bringing it in under 4 hours" was some kind of huge
accomplishment by Kimmel. My onscreen schedule had the show running for
only 3 hours (it was about 3 hrs. and 50 min.).

Of course it could have easily been done in 3 hours, wasn't a time
waster like that "visiting the theater next door" thing done last year
or the year before?