Woman who says Jeffrey Epstein sexually assaulted her when she was 14 vents her fury at being denied justice after his suicide...
2019-08-10 16:04:23 UTC
...while attorney Lisa Bloom calls on the pedophile's estate to freeze his
assets so victims can be compensated

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7344341/Jeffrey-Epstein-suicide-Victims-unleash-fury-denied-justice-death-jail.html

Accuser Jennifer Araoz responded to the suicide Saturday saying: 'I am angry
Jeffrey Epstein won’t have to face his survivors of his abuse in court'

•Araoz continued: 'We have to live with the scars of his actions for the rest of
our lives, while he will never face the consequences of the crimes he
committed... '

•Attorney Lisa Bloom represents three accusers and tweeted: 'On behalf of the
victims I represent, we would have preferred he lived to face justice'

•Bloom called on Epstein's estate to freeze his assets 'so his victims can get
full and fair compensation for the lifelong injuries he's caused them'

•Brad Edwards, who represents Virginia Roberts Giuffre and Courtney Wild, spoke
about the 'selfish act of taking his own life as his world unraveled'

•Monica Lewinsky tweeted her support for accusers 'who may be suffering today as
a result' of Epstein’s death

Jeffrey Epstein's accusers have fumed that they won't get the justice they
deserve after he killed himself in prison on Saturday.

Attorneys Lisa Bloom and Brad Edwards - who represent several of the victims -
spoke on behalf of their angry clients.

Accuser Jennifer Araoz - who claimed she was targeted aged just 14 - told NBC
News: 'I am angry Jeffrey Epstein won’t have to face his survivors of his abuse
in court. We have to live with the scars of his actions for the rest of our
lives, while he will never face the consequences of the crimes he committed...

'The pain and trauma he caused so many people. Epstein is gone, but justice must
still be served. I hope the authorities will pursue and prosecute his
accomplices and enablers, and ensure redress for his victims.'

Araoz says she was 14 years old when a young woman approached her outside her
New York City high school in the fall of 2001. Soon she began talking to Araoz
about a man she knew who was kind and wealthy and lived nearby. His name was
Jeffrey Epstein.

Lisa Bloom - who represents three of the billionaire's alleged sex trafficking
victims - tweeted shortly after his death in prison was announced that the
accusers would have preferred his justice came in the form of a guilty
conviction.

'Predator Jeffrey Epstein killed himself,' Bloom posted on Twitter. 'On behalf
of the victims I represent, we would have preferred he lived to face justice.'

However, Bloom said that her clients can still find a way to justice.

'Our civil cases can still proceed against his estate,' she continued.

In a TV interview, she added that Epstein's estate should freeze his assets 'so
his victims can get full and fair compensation for the lifelong injuries he's
caused them'.

'I am calling today for the administrators of Jeffrey Epstein’s estate to freeze
all his assets and hold them for his victims who are filing civil cases,' Bloom
added in a tweet. 'Their lives have been shattered by his sexual assaults, their
careers derailed. They deserve full and fair compensation NOW.'

Bloom opined on the micro-blogging website that Epstein taking his own life is
an admission of guilt.

'Jeffrey Epstein’s jail suicide means one thing and one thing only:
consciousness of guilt,' she posted. 'He was charged with only two counts. But
he knew. He knew he was guilty, and all his money would not prevent the
inevitable conviction. He knew justice was coming and he could not face it.'

Brad Edwards, who represents Virginia Roberts Giuffre and Courtney Wild, told
Fox News: 'The fact that Jeffrey Epstein was able to commit the selfish act of
taking his own life as his world of abuse, exploitation, and corruption
unraveled in both unfortunate and predictable.

'While we engaged in contentious legal battles for more than a decade, this is
not the ending anyone was looking for.'

Edwards added: 'The victims deserved to see Epstein held accountable, and he
owed it to everyone he hurt to accept responsibility for all of the pain he
caused. It is never too late to come forward with information. We will continue
to represent his victims and will not stop in their pursuit of finality and
justice.'

Edwards worked alongside to David Boies to represent Giuffre. Boies had said on
Friday those who hadn't been named in the Epstein case were far from in the
clear as 2,000 records were unsealed.

He predicted: 'It’s all going to come out.'

The following day Epstein - who had the likes of Donald Trump, Bill Clinton and
Prince Andrew in is circle - was discovered dead in his cell and conspiracy
theorists claimed he was killed to cover up the involvement of others.

On Saturday Monica Lewinsky tweeted her support for his accusers.

'What strange news to awaken to,' she posted on Twitter. 'To all those young
women who may be suffering today as a result of epstein’s death, i send my love
+ supportive thoughts. may your core strength + emotional stability be nearby.'

The number of women allegedly abused by Epstein ranges from a few dozen to over
a 100, according to various accounts.

In the past Bloom has released statements for her clients under 'Jane Doe'.

Bloom added in her Saturday tweet: 'Victims deserve to be made whole for the
lifelong damage he caused. We're just getting started.'

*
Alan Smithee
2019-08-10 20:46:56 UTC
A few hundred bucks each ought to make everything a-ok again.
M. L.
2019-08-11 13:52:50 UTC
Post by Alan Smithee
Post by Miloch
...while attorney Lisa Bloom calls on the pedophile's estate to freeze his
assets so victims can be compensated
A few hundred bucks each ought to make everything a-ok again.
Seriously though, how can they proceed with a civil suit if he's not
there to defend himself?