Impeachment witness Alexander Vindman calls Donald Trump a 'useful idiot' and 'fellow traveler' of Vladimir Putin...
2020-09-14 16:48:47 UTC
... who tries to please the Russian strongman because he wants to be like him

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8731433/Impeachment-witness-Alexander-Vindman-calls-Trump-useful-idiot-fellow-traveler-Putin.html

*The purple heart colonel has given his first interview since serving as a star
impeachment witness

*Vindman reported on Trump's 'perfect' call with the president of Ukraine where
Trump sought an investigation of rival Joe Biden

*He told the Atlantic Trump 'should be considered to be a useful idiot and a
fellow traveler'

*Compared it to 'free chicken'

Former national security official Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman called President
Donald Trump a 'useful idiot' for Vladimir Putin in his first interview since
serving as a star impeachment witness.

Vindman, who testified in Congress about Trump's infamous call with the
president of Ukraine, spoke about his time on the Trump national security
council as a Ukraine expert.

'President Trump should be considered to be a useful idiot and a fellow
traveler, which makes him an unwitting agent of Putin,' Vindman told the
Atlantic.

He describes Trump as an 'admirer' of the Russian strongman – and says Putin is
able to have a hold over Trump even without the presence of any 'dirt' as
leverage.

'They may or may not have dirt on him, but they don't have to use it,' he told
the magazine. 'They have more effective and less risky ways to employ him.

'He has aspirations to be the kind of leader that Putin is, and so he admires
him.

'He likes authoritarian strongmen who act with impunity, without checks and
balances. So he'll try to please Putin,' he said.

He colorfully described it as 'free chicken.'

'In the Army we call this 'free chicken,' something you don't have to work
for—it just comes to you. This is what the Russians have in Trump: free
chicken,' he said.

Vindman was escorted from the White House in February, weeks after the
impeachment saga ended, and was removed from his NSC post.

He made the comments to interviewer Jeffrey Goldberg, who produced this month's
bombshell report citing unnamed officials that Trump had called fallen U.S.
troops 'suckers' and 'losers.'

Trump defended Vindman's firing at the time, tweeting that he was 'very
insubordinate, reported contents of my 'perfect' calls incorrectly, &. was given
a horrendous report by his superior, the man he reported to, who publicly stated
that Vindman had problems with judgement, adhering to the chain of command and
leaking information. In other words, 'OUT.'

Vindman's lawyer countered that Trump's statements 'conflict with the clear
personnel record and the entirety of the impeachment record of which the
President is well aware.'

Vindman says of Trump: 'The president destroyed my Army career.'

He added: 'I’m not crying over spilled milk. I have other things to do' but says
the episode prompted him to miss a chance to get promoted to full colonel.

Vindman's verdict - which comes before a television interview later this week -
is the latest in a barrage of books and interviews which have hit Trump in the
last few weeks.

Those have been led by Bob Woodward's Rage, in which the veteran Watergate
reporter revealed tapes of Trump admitting coronavirus is 'deadly stuff' in
early February, despite then telling the public it was 'going to go away' and
'like flu,' and in late March saying he liked to 'play it down' because he did
not want 'panic.'

On Monday Woodward revealed how Trump told him that he gets along better with
strongmen like Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoðan than leaders of countries
that the U.S. gets along with.

'I can tell you the relationships I have, the tougher and meaner they are, the
better I get along with them,' Trump is heard telling Woodward in a sound clip
that debuted on the 'Today' show Monday. 'The easy ones I don't like as much or
don't get along with as much.'

Woodward's new book 'Rage,' which comes out Tuesday, uses the contents from 18
recorded interviews with Trump.

In the clip Woodward shared Monday, Trump specifically brings up Erdoðan as he
talks about his relationships with world leaders.

'I get along very well with Erdoðan, even though you're not supposed to, because
everyone says, "What a horrible guy." But, you know, for me it works out good,'
Trump says.

The president then adds, 'You'll explain that to me some day, OK.'

'But maybe it's not a bad thing,' Trump says.

Critics of Trump have long lambasted his affinity for leaders like Erdoðan,
Russian President Vladimir Putin and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. Trump has
talked up having good relationships with those three, while criticizing NATO
members for not paying enough.

Woodward, who concludes his book by saying that Trump is the 'wrong man for the
job,' explained to NBC's Savannah Guthrie on Monday why the president's comments
on world leaders are troubling.

'As you know, under the Constitution the president controls foreign relations
unilaterally,' Woodward said.

'He decides and has decided, "Oh, I'm going to get along with Putin. I'm getting
to get along with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, MBS. I'm going to try to get
along with Kim Jong Un, the leader of North Korea,"' Woodward said.

On the other hand, Woodward continued, Trump 'smears South Korea time and time
again' during their conversations.

South Korea has long been an American ally.

'He is the face of the United States to the world,' Woodward said. 'And he has
said, and there is it, "Hey, look, I get along with these bad guys, but not the
good guys."'

Woodward also reported in his book that former Director of National Intelligence
Dan Coats remained suspicious that Putin 'had something' on Trump.

'Yes. But Dan Coats, who was the number one intelligence officer in the country
did not have proof,' Woodward said Monday to NBC's Savannah Guthrie's
questioning. 'They went through all the intelligence. But he, indeed, harbored
the suspicion.'

*
Jim Crow
2020-09-14 18:54:34 UTC
[...]
It's interesting that (((Vindman))) feels confident calling his superior
officer and Commander in Chief insulting names and an idiot. I look
forward to his Court Martial and removal from our military.
--
If you're not looting, you ain't a Democrat.

“Biden, to me, is like having a flashlight with a dying battery and
going for a long hike in the woods,” Joe Rogan said in an interview with
journalist Matt Taibbi in November 2019. “It is not going to work out.
It’s not going to make it.”

https://www.globalgulag.us
Miloch
2020-09-14 19:20:38 UTC
Post by Jim Crow
Post by Miloch
... who tries to please the Russian strongman because he wants to be like him
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8731433/Impeachment-witness-Alexander-Vindman-calls-Trump-useful-idiot-fellow-traveler-Putin.html
*The purple heart colonel has given his first interview since serving as a star
impeachment witness
*Vindman reported on Trump's 'perfect' call with the president of Ukraine where
Trump sought an investigation of rival Joe Biden
elligence
Post by Jim Crow
Post by Miloch
Dan Coats remained suspicious that Putin 'had something' on Trump.
'Yes. But Dan Coats, who was the number one intelligence officer in the country
did not have proof,' Woodward said Monday to NBC's Savannah Guthrie's
questioning. 'They went through all the intelligence. But he, indeed, harbored
the suspicion.'
It's interesting that (((Vindman))) feels confident calling his superior
officer and Commander in Chief insulting names and an idiot. I look
forward to his Court Martial and removal from our military.
You do know, doncha Crow....that Vindman is a civilian....retired with 21 years
service in July.

...try to keep up!

2020-09-14 19:52:58 UTC
Post by Jim Crow
(((Vindman)))
You do know, doncha Crow....that Vindman is a civilian....retired with 21 years
service in July.
...try to keep up!
The triple parentheses are a claim Vindman is jewish. I don't
care true or false. I do understand why the bigots care: this
part of their kook accusation of an international jewish
conspiracy against their beloved furor.
Jim Crow
2020-09-14 23:56:13 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Jim Crow
(((Vindman)))
You do know, doncha Crow....that Vindman is a civilian....retired with 21 years
service in July.
...try to keep up!
The triple parentheses are a claim Vindman is jewish. I don't
care true or false. I do understand why the bigots care: this
part of their kook accusation of an international jewish
conspiracy against their beloved furor.
Jews Orchestrating Trump Impeachment Lynching
[November 22] on TruNews, founder and host Rick Wiles presents an
in-depth analysis of the Jewish influence that is glaringly evident in
the impeachment process of President Donald Trump, using only Jewish
publications and websites as confirmation of the conspiracy that abounds
in the purge of this administration. Rick Wiles, Doc Burkhart. Airdate
11/22/19

https://www.trunews.com/stream/jew-coup-seditious-jews-orchestrating-trump-impeachment-lynching

https://www.globalgulag.us
Jim Crow
2020-09-14 23:45:35 UTC
Post by Jim Crow
Post by Miloch
Dan Coats remained suspicious that Putin 'had something' on Trump.
'Yes. But Dan Coats, who was the number one intelligence officer in the country
did not have proof,' Woodward said Monday to NBC's Savannah Guthrie's
questioning. 'They went through all the intelligence. But he, indeed, harbored
the suspicion.'
It's interesting that (((Vindman))) feels confident calling his superior
officer and Commander in Chief insulting names and an idiot. I look
forward to his Court Martial and removal from our military.
You do know, doncha Crow....that Vindman is a civilian....retired with 21 years
service in July.
...try to keep up!
He wore the uniform at the Russia Gate impeachment trial, so he is in
the Reserve Corps and therefore available for active duty. He should be
drummed out of the Reserve and lose his retirement fund, IMO.

https://www.globalgulag.us
Miloch
2020-09-15 00:14:30 UTC
Post by Jim Crow
Post by Miloch
Post by Jim Crow
Post by Miloch
[...]
God...are you THAT stupid!!!!

you certainly are why can't he be
Jim Crow
2020-09-15 00:39:21 UTC
Post by Jim Crow
Post by Miloch
Post by Jim Crow
Post by Miloch
[...]
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/vindman-retired-false-testimony/

Did Alexander Vindman ‘Quit’ the Army After Admitting to Falsely
Testifying at Impeachment?
Vindman was the target of smear campaigns after serving as a key witness
during impeachment hearings against U.S. President Donald Trump.
BETHANIA PALMA
PUBLISHED 31 JULY 2020

Image via Screen shot / C-Span YouTube channel
Claim
Alexander Vindman "quit" the Army "after admitting he falsely testified
at President Trump's impeachment inquiry."

Rating
False
False
About this rating

In July 2020, Snopes readers asked about a story published by The BL
website headlined, “Lt. Col. Vindman quits army after admitting he
falsely testified at President Trump’s impeachment inquiry.”

The BL story was published on July 9, 2020, one day after Vindman
announced he was retiring from his 21-year career of military service.
As the former Ukraine expert on the National Security Council, Vindman
had served as a key witness against U.S. President Donald Trump during
impeachment hearings in the winter of 2019. Those hearings centered on
claims of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, charges stemming
from allegations that Trump tried to strong-arm Ukraine’s president into
digging up dirt on Trump’s 2020 Democratic presidential rival Joe Biden.

Vindman was the target of a smear campaign resulting from his testimony.

An Iraq War veteran, Vindman did retire from the Army in early July
2020. But not after “admitting he falsely testified” during the
impeachment hearing. Instead, Vindman cited “a campaign of bullying,
intimidation, and retaliation” by Trump for ending his Army career.
Vindman was ousted by Trump from his security council post in early
February 2020 and escorted from the White House shortly after Trump was
acquitted by the Senate.

The “false testimony” accusation stems from records of an April 21,
2019, phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr
Zelensky, one of two phone calls between the two leaders that came under
scrutiny during the impeachment inquiry.

https://www.globalgulag.us
Zinger
2020-09-15 00:49:47 UTC
Post by Jim Crow
Post by Miloch
Post by Jim Crow
Post by Miloch
[...]
Obviously you are! Vindman should be tried by an old fashioned wartime
tribunal for false and damaging testimony to our Commander in Chief.
He also broke his oath to protect America from all enemies within and
without. Obviously he is a minion of the Marxist/Democrat deep state.
After only 21 years in Service, someone became his Rabi and geave the
high rank that he has. Where exactly did he serve and what were his true
accomplishments that allows him as a Government Servant to speak out
against a standing/elected president. His only reward should
be..stripped of all rank and executed publicly by an all Admiral firing
squad. That...You Son-of-a-bitch, is justice for you anti-American
swine. America is at war with bastards like you. You declared it. we
didn't. But if necessary we can clean your kind out. Send you back to
your Gulag laden parasites,
2020-09-15 04:01:23 UTC
Post by Zinger
Post by Miloch
Post by Jim Crow
Post by Miloch
Post by Jim Crow
Post by Miloch
[...]
You're an angry little bunny rabbit...aincha!?

*
Mitchell Holman
2020-09-15 12:50:17 UTC
Post by Zinger
Post by Miloch
Post by Jim Crow
Post by Miloch
Post by Jim Crow
Post by Miloch
[...]
It is most telling that Trump not only fired
Vindman but also his twin brother who had NOTHING
to do with the case.

But that is the way gangsters operate. Vengence
on whole families.

Siri Cruise
2020-09-15 01:31:48 UTC
God...are you THAT stupid!!!!
Demanded proof babylon bee was a satire site.