Trump's impeachment trial lawyer David Schoen claims he has been 'CANCELED' by a law school...
2021-02-20 01:02:13 UTC
...after they rescinded an offer for him to teach when they learned he was
representing the former President

more at
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9279893/David-Schoen-canceled-law-school-representing-Trump-impeachment-trial.html

*Schoen claims he was in talks with an unidentified law school about teaching a
class this coming fall

*The high-profile attorney subsequently agreed to represent Trump at his second
impeachment trial this month

*The school then allegedly rescinded their offer when they heard that news,
saying some faculty and students would be 'uncomfortable'

*Schoen claims he is a victim of cancel culture, and says 'liberalism used to
favor the marketplace of ideas'

*He has more than three decades of experiences as a civil rights lawyer and has
been honored with an award from the American Bar Association

*The New York Times even praised Schoen's performance at the impeachment trial
claiming he offered a 'spirited performance' that 'heartened' Trump

An attorney who represented President Trump during his second impeachment trial
claims he has been 'cancelled' by a law school after they rescinded their offer
to have him teach a class there.

David Schoen, 63, made the revelation during an interview on Newsmax Thursday
night, but stopped short of naming the school.

'I had hoped to teach a law school class in the fall,' Schoen told network
anchor Greg Kelly.

'I had been in talks with a law school about teaching a civil rights course.
I've got 36 years of experience as a civil rights lawyer, working major cases. I
love being around the students.'

However, Schoen says he contacted the school prior to accepting President
Trump's offer to work on his trial team and administrators told him they would
no longer be interested in having him join the faculty.

'I was told it would be [an impediment]. Some faculty and students would feel
uncomfortable to have me on campus if I were getting involved in this case.

'I felt that was a sad commentary, quite frankly,' Schoen declared.

'What's changed is the concept of liberalism. You know, liberalism used to favor
the marketplace of ideas. They would want to hear all sides of the story.
Everyone has something to bring to the table. Not anymore.'

He then stated: 'This cancel culture has become more radical than liberalism'.

Schoen, who is based in Alabama, graduated cum laude from Boston College of Law
and holds a Master of Laws from Columbia University Law School.

Schoen runs his own law firm and is a member of the Bar in Alabama, New York,
Maryland, and the District of Columbia.

Schoen has also been honored by the American Bar Association, receiving its
national pro bono award, with members crediting him with 'accomplishing more
through his litigation than any lawyer of his era to positively change the face
of public institutions in the South.'

He even won praise from The New York Times while representing Trump during his
impeachment trial earlier this month, where the former President was acquitted.

The publication claimed Schoen offered a 'spirited performance' that 'heartened'
Trump

Trump isn't the only famous person whom Schoen has represented.

He was readying to defend Jeffrey Epstein when the New York financier was found
dead in his cell in August 2019, in what Schoen insists was not suicide.

Schoen told The Atlanta Jewish Times that he became acquainted with Epstein
about 11 years ago, when the financier sought his advice.

'Periodically, over the years, he's asked me a question or two. Over the past
year, increasingly over the past six months, he turned to me for advice,' Schoen
said, adding that Epstein wanted to be billed for that service, but he declined
because, 'I wasn't sure where the relationship was going.'

'We came to an agreement during the course of that discussion,' said Schoen.

'We met for five hours on August 1. I said that I would want to meet with his
team first to see how they felt about that. And then we would go forward. We
mapped out a strategy going forward.

'He was upbeat and excited about going forward.'

Epstein was found dead in his prison cell 10 days later.

*
Rudy Crayola
2021-02-20 04:10:29 UTC
[...]
Sue the fuck out of them. Tie them up in court for decades. That is the
Democrat way ya know. Should work for a Conservative too. ;-)