Roger Stone has something to say about the lawsuit alleging he owes IRS nearly $2M
2021-04-18 16:30:53 UTC
https://www.rawstory.com/roger-stone-2652622508/

The U.S. Department of Justice filed a lawsuit against Roger Stone on Friday,
April 16, alleging that he owes the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) nearly $2
million. Now, Stone is firing back with his take on the latest lawsuit.

As reports about the lawsuit began circulating online, Stone took to Telegram
with his reaction. Along with links to reports about the case, Stone said, "Same
Deep State Bullshit — different day," reports Law & Crime.

He added, "After Robert Mueller's dirty cops destroyed me financially the
Department of Injustice, well aware of the fact that I have no income and no
assets files a bogus civil suit against me. I guess they're still really pissed
off about the pardon. Now I have no choice but to defeat them again."

Stone concluded his post with the hashtag written in third person that says,
"#RogerStoneStillDidNothingWrong."

However, the Justice Department and IRS argue otherwise. According to the
lawsuit, "For each of the years 2007 through 2011, Roger and Nydia Stone filed
joint federal income tax returns but did not pay in full the amount of the
income taxes they reported as due," the lawsuit alleges. What follows is a chart
listing payments the Stones allegedly failed to make."

It also reads, "Despite notice and demand for payment, Roger and Nydia Stone
have failed and refused to pay the entire amount of the liabilities described .
. . [t]aking into account all payments, credits, and abatements, as of April 2,
2021, Roger and Nydia Stone jointly and severally owe $1,590,361.89 in unpaid
income taxes, penalties, and interest for tax years 2007 through 2011, plus
further interest and statutory additions that continue to accrue."

The lawsuit also highlights back taxes from 2018 that Stone failed to pay.
According to the lawsuit, that year, the political operative filed a separate
tax return that did not include his wife. The agency insists Stone "owes the
government $407,036.84 after not paying 'in full the taxes he reported.'"

In addition to the Stones, a number of other entities are also named in the
lawsuit. Law & Crime reports that those entities include: " Drake Ventures LLC
(an "an alter ego of the Stones"), the Bertran Family Revocable Trust ("which
holds title to the condominium where the Stones reside"), and an assortment of
other parties (Broward County, Fla.; Russell Harris; Galleria Lofts Condominium
Association, Inc.; and Galleria Lofts LLC)."

If the tax lawsuit proves to be ineffective in resolving the alleged debt, the
DOJ "seeks an order setting aside the transfer of the Stone Residence to the
Bertran Trust as fraudulent."

"The Stones dominated and controlled Drake Ventures to such an extent that it
does not exist as an independent entity," the lawsuit claims. According to court
documents, the Stones "entered into an installment agreement with the IRS that
required them to pay $19,485 each month toward their unpaid taxes." However,
"[a]fter Roger Stone's indictment," the couple bought their home "in the name of
the Bertran Trust."

Based on the suit, a total of six counts are alleged against the couple. Those
counts include:

Unpaid federal income taxes spanning the years 2007 through 2011 by both Roger
and Nydia Stone

Unpaid federal income taxes in 2018 for Roger Stone individually

Alter ego liability for Drake Ventures;

Fraudulent transfer to the Bertran Trust

Nominee liability for the Bertran Trust

The case seeks a declaratory judgment as to federal tax liens against all
defendants."

Roger Stone has not yet released an official statement about the lawsuit.

"#RogerStoneShouldHaveBeenPutUnderneathTheJail40YearsAgo"
Salty Stan
All right-thinking people hope Stone comes to a bad, violent end.
Miloch
2021-04-18 18:44:20 UTC
Post by Salty Stan
[...]
...to paraphrase Shakespeare, he's already in the process of being "...hoist by
his own petard".

*
Turmoil