'It's possible we'll see a Democratic sweep': Ted Cruz fears...
2020-10-11 22:46:01 UTC
...'It's possible we'll see a Democratic sweep': Ted Cruz fears the 'hard left
showing up' will jeopardize Trump's chances at the polls

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8828293/Ted-Cruz-predicts-Democratic-sweep-hard-left-showing-no-matter-vote.html

*Texas Senator Ted Cruz admitted Sunday morning that there could be a
'Democratic sweep' in the November election

*'I think the hard left is showing up no matter what. They hate the president.
And the big open question is: Does everybody else show up?' the Trump ally told
NBC

*Cruz added: 'I don't recall an election in my life with the spread – the delta
– between those two possible outcomes this close to an election being that wide'

Ted Cruz said Sunday the 2020 election has the most wide variety of potential
outcomes he's ever seen as he cast doubt that Republicans will show up in the
same capacity as Democrats.

'There's an incredible volatility in politics right now. The delta between
possible outcomes is as wide as I've ever seen it,' the Texas senator told NBC's
'Meet the Press' Sunday morning.

Cruz also explained the November election will come down to turnout, meaning
there are not a lot of undecided voters and it will be decided by which party
can get the most voters to cast ballots.

'I think this is a turnout election,' the Republican Trump ally told NBC host
Chuck Todd. 'I think the hard left is showing up no matter what. They hate the
president. And the big open question is: Does everybody else show up? I hope
that they do.'

Although Cruz says he thinks there could be a 'Democratic sweep,' he also
exhibited a more realistic approach than many other politicians by weighing both
outcomes.

'I think there's a scenario – I believe President Trump can win, in fact I
believe he could have a significant victory and Republicans can take both Houses
of Congress,' Cruz said of his own Party. 'But I also think it is possible we
see a Democratic sweep where they win everything and it's a victory of Watergate
proportions.'

He added: 'I don't recall an election in my life with the spread – the delta –
between those two possible outcomes this close to an election being that wide.'

'If people are optimistic and hopeful about the future – if they're going back
to work – that would be a factor in a very good election for Republicans. If
they're pessimistic and depressed and hopeless – that will help the Democrats,'
Cruz continued.

2020-10-11 23:57:15 UTC
Ted Cruz said Sunday the 2020 election has the most wide variety of potential
outcomes he's ever seen as he cast doubt that Republicans will show up in the
same capacity as Democrats.
That's what happens when you're about winning elections instead
of voters.
2020-10-12 17:17:48 UTC
..."It's possible we'll see a Democratic sweep': Ted Cruz fears the "hard
left showing up" will jeopardize Trump's chances at the polls
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8828293/Ted-Cruz-predicts-
Democratic-sweep-hard-left-showing-no-matter-vote.html
*Texas Senator Ted Cruz admitted Sunday morning that there could be
a "Democratic sweep" in the November election
*"I think the hard left is showing up no matter what. They hate the
president."
Your damn tootin' they will (and are now by mail) be showing up. And it
won't be just the "hard left."
And the big open question is: Does everybody else show up?" the Trump
ally told NBC
*Cruz added: "I don't recall an election in my life with the spread -- the
delta -- between those two possible outcomes this close to an election
being that wide"
A bearded Ted Cruz and the late Lenny Kilmister of the hard rock band
Motorhead. Separated at birth?